British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gee jay

british u-19 final

Guest GiveusaB

Rooting for Leon Flint.....he's better than Kemp, although he hasn't done as many laps round Foxhall !

How old is flint?

Looks like Britain really does have some awesome young riders  starting their careers. 

Edited by Baldyman

11 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

How old is flint?

16 i think 

51 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Rooting for Leon Flint.....he's better than Kemp, although he hasn't done as many laps round Foxhall !

Don't think there will be any of the other young riders on show that have done anywhere close to  the amount of laps have at Foxhall Kemp has  . the only one might have been Jordan Jenkins but sadly he's injured 

20 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

How old is flint?

Looks like Britain really does have some awesome young riders  starting their careers. 

Leon was 15 in February, with a 40 year old head on him

Really looking forward to this as something a bit different with "unknown" riders. Dan Bewley should walk this but who knows? Cant believe people are complaining about the price.. oh well their loss. Nice sunny evening but will be cold later no doubt! 

• Like 2

Congrats to Dan on what is his second individual title..... pure talent

well done to Kyle B and Joe L on their scores of 9 and 10 respectively 

Bewley oozed class - whilst he was expected to win relatively easily the way he went about it was still impressive

Brennan very much deserved 2nd

Thomas battled hard and was unlucky not to get a chance to race the run off breaking down just a few yards from the gate

I was a litle disappointed in Bickley but perhaps thats because I had very high expectations - certainly a superb talent

A shame Drew's fall cost him a place on the podium. His track knowledge gave him a valuable advantage but he wouldve deserved that spot

Liked the look of Lawlor too

Last but not least my personal star of the night - Leon Flint. There is something that little bit extra special about him.

Whilst others looked competant and talented riders he was the one (Bewley aside) that looked a real racer. Id expect him to rise rapidly through the ranks

All in all it showed that British speedway is starting to give itself half a chance of a future by having a set up to give these talented youngsters a solid training base

• Like 5

My questioning of the pricing was based on the Under 21 qualifier at Peterborough last year being just £10. Just wondered if the casual fan may have been put off by the pricing. Anyway, on to tonight's racing...

Bewley was expected to win easily but is just one of those riders who you can watch leading by miles and still enjoy the race. He really is something special and I hope his development continues. 

Hugely impressed by Leon Flint. Really attacked the track and clearly has loads of potential. Expect him to be in the Championship with Berwick next year. Also very pleased he got third place as I don't agree with run offs when a rider has already beaten the other in their scheduled race. Looked like an expensive run off for Thomas though, with sparks flying out of the bike. 

Was disappointed with Bickley, have to question whether the move into the Championship has come too early for him. Last year would've been perfect with each time having to have a 2.00 average rider, but this year the jump may be too big for him at the moment. 

Enjoyed watching Joe Lawlor, shame to see him nearly fall which cost him a chance of the podium. Bit scary to watch when he turns round every single corner looking where the riders behind are!

Expected slightly more from Kemp and Edwards but they're both very young and their time will come. Both attacked the track well and have to wonder if the pressure of being at a local track may of played on Kemp's mind slightly. 

Tom Brennan was absolutely superb and has come on leaps and bounds. Gave his best to push Bewley out in their race but just didn't have the pace, however he wasn't a million miles away the whole race through. Another one with huge potential and I just wonder if Chris Louis may be on the phone to Martin Dugard soon. 

Overall, an enjoyable night. Congratulations to Dan, Tom and Leon on their achievements. 

Enjoyable meeting and encouraging to see several very promising British youngsters!!

congrats to Dan well deserved champion

seriously impressed with tom Brennan - he’ll be at bewleys current level in a couple of years if he carries on that way as could quite possibly flint and kemp!

Wow some of these young lads are going to be stars, a few really stood out, and what impressed me the most about Kemp Brennan and Flint is that they were very much in control of their bikes, changing lines mid corner and so on.  Even some very established top riders sometimes come to Foxhall and struggle to hold a line in the corners.

In 5 years time Britain really could be big players on the world scene again if these lads improve at their current rate.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

My questioning of the pricing was based on the Under 21 qualifier at Peterborough last year being just £10. Just wondered if the casual fan may have been put off by the pricing. Anyway, on to tonight's racing...

Bewley was expected to win easily but is just one of those riders who you can watch leading by miles and still enjoy the race. He really is something special and I hope his development continues. 

Hugely impressed by Leon Flint. Really attacked the track and clearly has loads of potential. Expect him to be in the Championship with Berwick next year. Also very pleased he got third place as I don't agree with run offs when a rider has already beaten the other in their scheduled race. Looked like an expensive run off for Thomas though, with sparks flying out of the bike. 

Was disappointed with Bickley, have to question whether the move into the Championship has come too early for him. Last year would've been perfect with each time having to have a 2.00 average rider, but this year the jump may be too big for him at the moment. 

Enjoyed watching Joe Lawlor, shame to see him nearly fall which cost him a chance of the podium. Bit scary to watch when he turns round every single corner looking where the riders behind are!

Expected slightly more from Kemp and Edwards but they're both very young and their time will come. Both attacked the track well and have to wonder if the pressure of being at a local track may of played on Kemp's mind slightly. 

Tom Brennan was absolutely superb and has come on leaps and bounds. Gave his best to push Bewley out in their race but just didn't have the pace, however he wasn't a million miles away the whole race through. Another one with huge potential and I just wonder if Chris Louis may be on the phone to Martin Dugard soon. 

Overall, an enjoyable night. Congratulations to Dan, Tom and Leon on their achievements. 

Agree with you that last season would have been easier for Bickley, it's typical of the BSPA though to carry on changing rules without thinking about the effect. Not every team has to have a  rider under 3 though like last season. The Comets promoters have said from the start that there is no pressure on him, hopefully he will start getting points soon for his own sake.

Edited by comet49
  • Like 1

Kyle has the talent and determination to succeed and Workington are doing the right thing in not putting him under any undue pressure. Be patient and I am sure the points will come. Last night he was apparently in second place on the last lap when he fell, which would have given him 11 points, the same as third placed Leon Flint.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Kyle has the talent and determination to succeed and Workington are doing the right thing in not putting him under any undue pressure. Be patient and I am sure the points will come. Last night he was apparently in second place on the last lap when he fell, which would have given him 11 points, the same as third placed Leon Flint.

I mentioned I was a little disappointed but that certainly didnt mean his performance was disappointing

It was just a reflection of my expectation given 'the hype'. That in itself shows that perhaps sometimes too much pressure too early is the modern way when whats needed is time to support and develop

Certainly a fine prospect with a bright future

• Like 1