Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Fixed night farce-how much longer

Recommended Posts

How much longer will the fixed night farce go on. It was originally to get GP riders back so that was a complete failure. How many teams are happy racing on a Monday and a Wednesday. End the fixed night's now or you could find out there wont be any teams left. Much better to let the clubs have their own choice of nights Monday is the worst night possible all through the history of Speedway so why revert to it now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

How much longer will the fixed night farce go on. It was originally to get GP riders back so that was a complete failure. How many teams are happy racing on a Monday and a Wednesday. End the fixed night's now or you could find out there wont be any teams left. Much better to let the clubs have their own choice of nights Monday is the worst night possible all through the history of Speedway so why revert to it now 

So we revert to the problems of doubling-up clashes? It's a big problem either way but I can't see any changes happening until the season is over. Personally I would prefer one big league and any riders missing for continental league engagements only being replaceable by a NL rider, that way promoters might be a bit more careful about who they sign.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only way GB can walk out from the ISL deal is to have enough British riders to fill the teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be working just fine. Hardly any guests because of no fixture clashes. Never was designed to bring back GP riders.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Seems to be working just fine. Hardly any guests because of no fixture clashes. Never was designed to bring back GP riders.

Exactly that, it was designed to prevent the doubling up clashes left right and centre, and to that end it is working

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foamfence said:

So we revert to the problems of doubling-up clashes? It's a big problem either way but I can't see any changes happening until the season is over. Personally I would prefer one big league and any riders missing for continental league engagements only being replaceable by a NL rider, that way promoters might be a bit more careful about who they sign.

That NL rider should come in at reserve and the other rider's move up a position. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Exactly that, it was designed to prevent the doubling up clashes left right and centre, and to that end it is working

But the crowds are terrible

 

51 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Exactly that, it was designed to prevent the doubling up clashes left right and centre, and to that end it is working

It's working so well that the spectators will not go on those nights

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One big league at approx 35 point Championship level

No more big boys

Development league/s level to continue below

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

One big league at approx 35 point Championship level

No more big boys

Development league/s level to continue below

And would be the final nail in the coffin of British speedway.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

And would be the final nail in the coffin of British speedway.  

Perhaps its about time the nails stopped being added and the sport as we know it has a proper burial

Could then have a chance for resurrection

Whilst the coffin continues to be paraded in a never ending procession whilst everyone wails in limbo that resurrection cant/wont happen

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how many guests at kings lynn tonight 3 for leicester ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ray c said:

how many guests at kings lynn tonight 3 for leicester ?

Yes. Just the 3, and 1 plus RR for Lynn 

1. Rory Schlein (G) -- 3, 3, 2, 2, 2 = 12
2. Kyle Newman -- 0, Fx, 1, 1' = 2+1
3. Ricky Wells (G) -- 3, 0, 0, 3, 0 = 6
4. Kyle Howarth (G) -- Xt, 1, 1, 2 = 4
5. Krystian Pieszczek -- 1, X, 0, 0 = 1
6. James Sarjeant -- 0, 1, 0, 1, Xt = 2
7. Todd Kurtz -- 3, 0, 1, F, 0, 0 = 4

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/17768/kings-lynn-leicester-prkoc-30pm#ixzz5FhfZqQHl
 

 

Edited by Bald Bloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the fixed nights are here to stay.  Much better with fewer riders having to be in one league or the other. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

But the crowds are terrible

 

It's working so well that the spectators will not go on those nights

Who's crowds ? Belle Vue have a had a bad start after moving  but who  else have these  fixed race nights  effected so badly ? plus we are only a few season  into the season ..so to early to  judge anyhow .

The bottom line fans were moaning about  riders missing etc so they done something about it .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy