British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Fixed night farce-how much longer

Same old, same old and that will be how it trundles along until the end is no longer nigh, but has actually come!

49 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Many fans on this Forum do not see any Positives this season that come from the AGM ( myself included) but we are told we are just being negitive.I would like someone to produce a list of what they think has positively changed this season for  the better  for their Club.! I still regularly attend and don't think there has been much improvement.

One of the plus points was getting rid of the Double point replacement, which was only brought in to make meetings closer,  but they even got that wrong.

Different sport obviously but Sunday Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club had a family fun  day Notts v Warwickshire one day game all tickets £1 over 14,000 turned up many children with mum and Dad and just maybe some will return and become fans it’s the next generation speedway needs to get hooked . But what a great idea ? To get people along to watch cricket my guess what they lost on full price admission they will gain in the long run . 

Exactly. Rye v Lynn tonight, live on TV, no iversen & full price admission. Interesting to see how many turn up.

49 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Exactly. Rye v Lynn tonight, live on TV, no iversen & full price admission. Interesting to see how many turn up.

Not many is my guess - was a time we’d have gone along to Rye tonight but not no more .

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

500 max. is my estimate. A much better view on TV anyway.

Edited by waytogo28
Additional point made

Will be watching a decent meeting at Swindon

Whoever is or isn't riding for a live tv match, charging full admission is obtuse thinking IMO. There has to be some kind of offer to encourage people to go rather than sit at home and watch it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Whoever is or isn't riding for a live tv match, charging full admission is obtuse thinking IMO. There has to be some kind of offer to encourage people to go rather than sit at home and watch it.

Or in the case of a boring meeting not even going, especially if there s a decent meeting on tv

• Like 1

8 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Will be watching a decent meeting at Swindon

Hope you are right Orlov!

16 hours ago, GWC said:

Hope you are right Orlov!

Was right, a brilliant result  

The fixed race nights plan is misfiring because certain parties dug their heels in and wouldn't shift, and one or two others looked the other way and effectively colluded with them.

The solution to this impasse is not quite the one big league which is advocated by many, but two parallel conferences. One conference based mainly on Wednesdays, and one based mainly on Thursdays (note the word "mainly"). Riders would be free to take part in both conferences, if they wished but their primary club would need to be established in the event of any conflict.

A playoff between the two conference winners would decide the overall champions.

This arrangement would also spare the fragrant denizens of Dorset from the unpleasant experience of coming into contact with the unwashed, uncultured people of Teesside - unless they had to meet in the grand finale of course.

On 5/28/2018 at 7:13 AM, Haza said:

Different sport obviously but Sunday Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club had a family fun  day Notts v Warwickshire one day game all tickets £1 over 14,000 turned up many children with mum and Dad and just maybe some will return and become fans it’s the next generation speedway needs to get hooked . But what a great idea ? To get people along to watch cricket my guess what they lost on full price admission they will gain in the long run . 

Speedway has tried discount admission on numerous occasions. It simply doesn't convert into regular, full price paying attendances.

2 minutes ago, MattK said:

Speedway has tried discount admission on numerous occasions. It simply doesn't convert into regular, full price paying attendances.

That’s because 1. the product isn’t right and 2.the regular price is too much 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1