British Speedway Forum
SuperBear

Redcar v Glasgow 17/5/18

Very good meeting tonight.

Glasgow give a good run, but the Redcar team came through.

Jordan Stewart on fire tonight  He impressed both sides of fans. Good to see some Glasgow supporters down and safe journey back.

Wished I could make tomorrow at Glasgow.

Some excellent racing tonight - what can you say about Jordan Stewart? Quick and smooth tonight, best single performance I have seen for a while. The Andersens were both excellent too, particularly MBA. I actually feel a bit for Barker - was involved in some great battles but just not quite there. Struggling out the gate big time.

Glasgow more than played their part though - thought Vissing and Kerr were excellent and both Harris and Worrall had good races. Ultimately let down at reserve, and missing Starke. Sarjeant should really be doing better than that.

• Like 1

Why are people surprised by Sarjeant, he's a career 3 pointer and an unreliable one at that. Set your expectations low and you wont be disappointed.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MD said:

Why are people surprised by Sarjeant, he's a career 3 pointer and an unreliable one at that. Set your expectations low and you wont be disappointed.

Well done Bears :D.. We had to watch him all season last year ..good luck with that one :lol:

4 minutes ago, MD said:

Seems to have lost the plot in the last couple of seasons

His full season at Ipswich saw him at 5.5 without bonus points over 6 with. Towards the end of that stint he was looking like he had made a breakthrough

Was a good meeting very impressed with Jordan Stewart , the bears have a star there. We really missed a fully fit Paul Starke

James wasn't off the pace or owt like that , time folk got off his back , slagging him off won't help him 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Paulco said:

James wasn't off the pace or owt like that , time folk got off his back , slagging him off won't help him 

You were there so you would have saw first hand, but from our vantage point it doesn't look great .

Retiring in most of his races hardly suggests he was on the pace , if you don't perform at your job you would recieve criticism or even jettisoned,  so why is James any different incase we offend him, so what if we do he isn't doing his job plain and simple.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You were there so you would have saw first hand, but from our vantage point it doesn't look great .

Retiring in most of his races hardly suggests he was on the pace , if you don't perform at your job you would recieve criticism or even jettisoned,  so why is James any different incase we offend him, so what if we do he isn't doing his job plain and simple.

There appears to be a certain similarity of events developing up there as happened with us last season?

New season, new club, fresh start it should have been rosy for him, certainly not appearing to be the case and he's travelling a lot further thesedays for next to FA, he's proved before he can mix it at this level just not achieving anything the like?

Again, his lack of form is building pressure upon himself and he's failing to deliver as a result, he has to sort his problems, whatever they are, as I doubt Glasgow will hang on to his services for as long as we did....your not as kindly!! :D

8 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

hHuge well done to Jordan Stewart - outstanding and the Andersen bros, were great value - but boy oh boy, Barker and Kus just get worse...

A good win in the end and one will probably won't have expected a few weeks ago.

Perhaps Barker isn't getting the scores expected and I am not sure what the issue is but there's no doubt he was busting a gut in every race. He deserves a little better than just criticism.

Very entertaining meeting with some cracking racing (shades of when STMP was one of my favourite tracks)and a close score line swinging backwards and forwards.

My good friend PVM told me that Stewart was something special despite a poor start to the season and he was proved most definitely correct. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger

4 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Perhaps Barker isn't getting the scores expected and I am not sure what the issue is but there's no doubt he was busting a gut in every race. He deserves a little better than just criticism.

Very entertaining meeting with some cracking racing (shades of when STMP was one of my favourite tracks)and a close score line swinging backwards and forwards.

My good friend PVM told me that Stewart was something special despite a poor start to the season and he was proved most definitely correct. 

Barker's problems are to do with shoddy equipment and we all know that, he is being paid number one rates and should be performing as such. Why does everyone think speedway is a charity? He is letting Redcar down by being unprofessional and coming to work with below par equipment. 

10 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Barker's problems are to do with shoddy equipment and we all know that, he is being paid number one rates and should be performing as such. Why does everyone think speedway is a charity? He is letting Redcar down by being unprofessional and coming to work with below par equipment. 

Recurring theme this it is no coincidence he didn't last at Glasgow and releasead by Rye House , its a shame though as when he is on good machinery he is box office.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Sorry I missed you last night , I watched from the balcony at the bar . Stewart looks some prospect , as you say he had a slow start , just our luck to be down when he turns into Ivan Mauger lol . But seriously to be riding the way he did last night after only a month of our speedway , certainly augers well for the future . He was the difference last night .

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Paulco said:

If you could just strip away the politics surrounding the sport , the crazy rules that make it look daft , just watch something like that tonight , and speedway isn' so bad 

The racing at STMP since Terry took over the track duties at the start of last season has been second to none. Yep the team has been struggling so far this season but thats also got something to do with every away  rider relishing the prospect of racing at Redcar. Last night as you say was Speedway right out of the top drawer. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Sorry I missed you last night , I watched from the balcony at the bar . Stewart looks some prospect , as you say he had a slow start , just our luck to be down when he turns into Ivan Mauger lol . But seriously to be riding the way he did last night after only a month of our speedway , certainly augers well for the future . He was the difference last night .

I watched his first meeting at Peterborough and he beat Nichols in heat 1. Then in his 2nd he was on a 5-1 with Barker when he flipped coming out of the corner and suffered some internal damage. He then struggled for a few weeks with injury and his engines just were not performing. Sent them off to SWR before last weeks Julie Lewis meeting and I think we have all now seen what the lad is capable of. Could easily be in a heat leader role before long.