British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Belle Vue V Kings Lynn Stars 21st May 2018

Stars press release says klindt instead of garrity.

Not ideal, but least missing riders are due to other commitments on the continent and not another UK team, which makes it easier to explain to Joe  public and don't sound quite so stupid. Unfortunately having gone for Wednesday instead of Thursday it limits teams for alternative nights with Danes in particular in their teams. Step in the right direction...maybe they'll get it right next season. 

Be interesting to see what happens come September when teams still have matches to fit in. Wonder what plan B is...

15 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Stars press release says klindt instead of garrity.

Stars have cocked up their press release then.     It's Kurtz, Grajczonek and Garrity as has already been said.

From the racing I've seen from and at the NSS , riders performances don't always coincide with their form at that time,   so  it could be that the 3 guest  riders will put up a decent effort and score sufficient points to make it interesting.   No disputing Fricke and Cook's class, but they haven't been hitting those big numbers we know they are capable of,  so probably,  this might just be a special night when those guests contribute to a close competitive meeting  when the result is in doubt until the end....

We can but hope...

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

It's, Brady Kurtz, Josh G and Jason Garrity. Let's hope that Mark Lemon can get more out of the Poole riders than Middlo has this season. If not we could be in trouble. Garrity is in good form so hopefully he can get a decent score.

I doubt it. Averages ? if guest meetings count..;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

38 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I doubt it. Averages ? if guest meetings count..;)

Guesting doesn't count towards averages 

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Guesting doesn't count towards averages 

Will be interesting to see how the Poole guys go in that case. On the other side, are Poole more worried about having BV in a play off place than Lynn ? Maybe I think to much :blink:

36 minutes ago, g13webb said:

From the racing I've seen from and at the NSS , riders performances don't always coincide with their form at that time,   so  it could be that the 3 guest  riders will put up a decent effort and score sufficient points to make it interesting.   No disputing Fricke and Cook's class, but they haven't been hitting those big numbers we know they are capable of,  so probably,  this might just be a special night when those guests contribute to a close competitive meeting  when the result is in doubt until the end....

We can but hope...

Cook is averaging 8.44 with bonus points at home this season and Fricke 8.19 so we'll have something to compare with Kurtz and JG 's scores. Hopefully, the racing will be up to the usual standard and we'll have an enjoyable meeting despite having only 4 of our own team.

I'm looking forward to seeing Lambert, he didn't race at the NSS last year but seems to be on good form and making good starts so I'm expecting him to do well.

• Like 1

While the three guests won't be as strong as the three  riders they are replacing they are decent stand ins. I think Lynn will do very, very well to get anything or of this.

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

While the three guests won't be as strong as the three  riders they are replacing they are decent stand ins. I think Lynn will do very, very well to get anything or of this.

I'd be happy with a point

• Like 1

Lemo hinted at the end of match press conference last Monday that using RR/guest for Steve Worrall might not continue to be the preferred option for too much longer. Big opportunity for Garrity tomorrow night to stake a claim for that spot. 

Was in Blackpool yesterday and got chatting in a pub with a guy wearing a Glasgow Tigers T-Shirt. He was on holiday with a group of friends and I asked him if he was going to have a ride to Manchester tonight to take in the Aces v King's Lynn match.

'Don't you mean Aces Select v King's Lynn?' he laughed. He went on to say 'I'd seen there was a rearranged match at Belle Vue for this week and I discussed with my friends (not usual speedway goers) if we should go. There are 8 of us and the other 7 seemed pretty keen. But when I then saw that Cook & Fricke were missing and three guests were in place I thought forget it. How could I properly explain to the others about why one team had three riders in it from three other clubs? It would take all day and they already think speedway is a bit mickey mouse anyway from what they've heard from me over the years. So no we won't be going, but defo would have done had it been a full Aces team (even with R/R for Worrall). With getting in, progs and some drinks that's at least £200 - £225 they could have had tonight that they won't be getting now'.

Wonder if I forwarded this to the BSPA they'd even be bothered reading it?

3 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

Was in Blackpool yesterday and got chatting in a pub with a guy wearing a Glasgow Tigers T-Shirt. He was on holiday with a group of friends and I asked him if he was going to have a ride to Manchester tonight to take in the Aces v King's Lynn match.

'Don't you mean Aces Select v King's Lynn?' he laughed. He went on to say 'I'd seen there was a rearranged match at Belle Vue for this week and I discussed with my friends (not usual speedway goers) if we should go. There are 8 of us and the other 7 seemed pretty keen. But when I then saw that Cook & Fricke were missing and three guests were in place I thought forget it. How could I properly explain to the others about why one team had three riders in it from three other clubs? It would take all day and they already think speedway is a bit mickey mouse anyway from what they've heard from me over the years. So no we won't be going, but defo would have done had it been a full Aces team (even with R/R for Worrall). With getting in, progs and some drinks that's at least £200 - £225 they could have had tonight that they won't be getting now'.

They might read it...but high probability that they would ignore the content.

• Like 1

If it needs explaining, don’t. Just go along and enjoy the racing. 

Would you rather watch 15 heats of gate and go with two full teams or watch several top draw races where seven heats have guests in due to riders riding elsewhere?

BTW when selling your house don’t spend all your time discussing its faults as you will drive the price down. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

If i was to take a group of non-speedway people to speedway,i wouldn't even start to explain the rules etc,or these riders don't actually ride for them etc they don't need to know this especially for their first meeting.I would just let them see what speedway is about first and foremost and that's the actual racing.If they enjoy the racing that's half the battle done.And lets be honest Belle Vue is the place to take them to get good racing.

• Like 4