British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Belle Vue V Kings Lynn Stars 21st May 2018

2 minutes ago, speedy bill said:

Simple open your eyes dont keep them closed like Lemmo  Josh Auty is your man

Don't know why you didn't mention this before Josh.

2 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

No one said you were an Aussie did they Josh?

No my name is Bill Carter and i am not a Aussie,but if you are it helps to get in the Aces team ,Lemmo needs to buck his ideas up were tactics and guest are concerned .And Mr Smith aint got a clue what is going on 

41 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Yes, just heat 8 it can’t.

Don't forget heats 1,2,3 and 4:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, speedy bill said:

No my name is Bill Carter and i am not a Aussie,but if you are it helps to get in the Aces team ,Lemmo needs to buck his ideas up were tactics and guest are concerned .And Mr Smith aint got a clue what is going on 

Bill Carter!    Lol!    You're a hoot Josh.

1 minute ago, WalterPlinge said:

Bill Carter!    Lol!    You're a hoot Josh.

Good night Walter Prick oh sorry Plinge  i am off to bed now some of us have to work tomorrow

King's Lynn deserved the win with an overall solid performance. It was good to see Iversen doing better, not yet anything like his best but hopefully, he's getting there. It was good to see that one or two Stars fans have made the long journey.

We certainly missed Cook, Fricke and Worral with the guests not matching their likely scores but that's what if's and maybes. We'll just have to put this one behind us and hope that we don't have another fixture where we have to use so many guests.

Bewley was unlucky that Kurtz blocked his move down the outside of the back straight in heat 6 but by recent standards this wasn't one of his outstanding nights. Lambert wasn't dominant either but had some good races where he showed determination.

Assuming that Cook's recent performances indicate a return to form I would give him the SON team slot and If you were judging on tonight alone you would probably give Lambert the nod for the reserve slot although Bewley has been far better at the NSS than either of them managed tonight.

Edited by Aces51

Josh auty is  useless was only a year ago he cryed cos he was riding rubbish and retired. Out of control 9/10 and as thick as they come.

why anyone would want him in there team I dont know

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, g13webb said:

From the racing I've seen from and at the NSS , riders performances don't always coincide with their form at that time,   so  it could be that the 3 guest  riders will put up a decent effort and score sufficient points to make it interesting.   No disputing Fricke and Cook's class, but they haven't been hitting those big numbers we know they are capable of,  so probably,  this might just be a special night when those guests contribute to a close competitive meeting  when the result is in doubt until the end....

We can but hope...

Sometimes  meetings do work out as one imagines.   Result in doubt until the end always makes it more interesting.     Obviously pleased we took advantage of this ridiculous fixture planning,   nobody has mentioned the crowd numbers yet , so don't know how it was perceived against that of the normal.  Guests may have been somewhat weaker,  but some of Belle Vue's own riders didn't perform has they could have, so it would be wrong to proportion all the blame on the guests...  Never more than 6 points apart  the end was always going to be close.

From the contacts,   the Updates; and tweets,  we Stars fans should be very happy.    We performed well as a team,     we provided 7 race winners away from home,   We only had  6 last places,  and secure 4  of 5-1 race wins.    All relevant facts that indicate our inner team strength.     Niels, slowly but surely , is getting back to his old form,   MPT  is a far better rider than most people recognise,  Proctor is proving he was never a gamble,  Kerr has to be one best reserves ever , and Robert has at last come of age...

No, we may not have won against a full BV side, but for sure we would have gave them something to think about.....       That heat 13 last night was  massive.    to gain a 5-1 in that race after they had clawed back level ,  all but sealed their fate.,,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

Iversen seems to be coming back into some form now, could KL be dark horses for the title? 

It's a faint possibility, but just as BV were littered with guests last night, KL Stars have that problem on future Weds when their Danish team members are whisked back home to ride. A full Stars team will do better than people thought. A pity that it will not be often enough.

8 hours ago, speedy bill said:

So the aces lost serves Lemo right for continuing to ignore Josh Auty who goes better than Garrity at N S S  . Hope Jason is ok after his crash ,but the lad never as a good meeting at N S S. TOLD YOU pHILL IT HAS COME AND BIT HIM ON THE BUM

I'm with you now. We have tried everyone now so might aswell give Josh a go. All though I've heard a temp signing is on the way and it's not auty unfortunately