British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Belle Vue V Kings Lynn Stars 21st May 2018

8 hours ago, speedy bill said:

So the aces lost serves Lemo right for continuing to ignore Josh Auty who goes better than Garrity at N S S  . Hope Jason is ok after his crash ,but the lad never as a good meeting at N S S. TOLD YOU pHILL IT HAS COME AND BIT HIM ON THE BUM

I'm with you now. We have tried everyone now so might aswell give Josh a go. All though I've heard a temp signing is on the way and it's not auty unfortunately 

8 hours ago, speedy bill said:

So the aces lost serves Lemo right for continuing to ignore Josh Auty who goes better than Garrity at N S S  . Hope Jason is ok after his crash ,but the lad never as a good meeting at N S S. TOLD YOU pHILL IT HAS COME AND BIT HIM ON THE BUM

I'm with you now. We have tried everyone now so might aswell give Josh a go. All though I've heard a temp signing is on the way and it's not auty unfortunately 

Didn't know you could use IRR in the same race as the rider got injured in thought it had to be a reserve. Not seen it used that way before but probably i just didn't realise that part of the rule. 

Edited by foreverblue

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

It's a faint possibility, but just as BV were littered with guests last night, KL Stars have that problem on future Weds when their Danish team members are whisked back home to ride. A full Stars team will do better than people thought. A pity that it will not be often enough.

Thing is we have no idea how often any of them will be missing. We have been told that Neils shouldn't miss any more but we shall see.

IF Danish clashes are kept to a minimum and we are lucky with injuries then there is no reason why we can't reach the play offs and be competitive in them. Long, long way to go though. So far the team is proving a lot of people wrong, me included.

Edited by Bagpuss
Typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Aces51 said:

We certainly missed Cook, ...........

Really? Thought Kurtz covered what Cook would have scored easily to be honest.

Josh is off form so a strange booking but he got two race wins which was more than expected to be honest. Unfortunate with Garrity but would never give him a guest booking after last years diabolical effort at Somerset for Poole.

• Like 2

No one has mentioned the track from last night and in my opinion it played a big part in our loss.( taking nothing from Lynn they were the better team on the night and well deserved their win )There was a lot more dirt on the track last night than there normally is and i think the Belle vue riders struggled with it.We had the fastest time of the season in heat one ( more dirt more grip ) and to my count there were 9 FTG wins thats not normal at the NSS. From a passing point of view it was the poorest meeting of the season.The dirt made the first rider from the gate so fast that it was very hard for the others to make a pass.( hard not impossible )

After Garrittys fall (track nothing to do with his fall) we had an interval while the medics took a look at him and there was a long track grade in which they took a bit of the dirt off, it was not as slick as normal but less dirt on it and then Bewley looked better and got his only win and Tungate then looked more himself and got three race wins and Drozdz scored his only points of the night in his last ride.Trouble is after the grade Grajczonic did not score another point and Kurtz after 2 wins got a 2nd and a 3rd.Not the only reason for our loss last night but in my opinion it played a big part of it.

But as i said before Kings lynn got to grips with the track better than we did and well deserved the win.

Nowhere near as bad but as a eg the world team cup semi showed that too much dirt at the NSS makes for a poor meeting.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

No tactical sub ride in heat 14 ?,   no Brady Kurtz in heat 15 ?.... very strange 

Thought Lambert was unnecessarily agressive in both his last rides , could have wiped his own team mate out in heat 15 !!!

Strange that !!      Probably I was giving Lemon more credit than he deserved ,  in thinking that Garrity IRR was preconceived . There was no doubting  Bewley and Tungate would benefit BV score, far more then had Garrity took his rides.    Looking at the slow motion replay on the media,   Garrity looked suspicious when he turned into Andersen's rear wheel when half a length adrift  at the start.    I was even surprised the ref ordered all four back.      When he was replaced with Bewley I immediately praised Lemon for his application of the rules...     Thinking 'You Crafty Sod' .      But when reading the above post probably it was just in my twisted thinking that Lemon had in fact bent the rules to suit   :t:

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Really? Thought Kurtz covered what Cook would have scored easily to be honest.

Josh is off form so a strange booking but he got two race wins which was more than expected to be honest. Unfortunate with Garrity but would never give him a guest booking after last years diabolical effort at Somerset for Poole.

The point I was making was that we missed the total points Cook, Fricke and Worrall would have scored. Kurtz rode well and may have got what Cook would have scored but overall we lost out significantly. But as I said, all if's and maybes.

The problem choosing guests was that only 2 PL teams not racing last night so we didn't have a great choice. Kurtz was a gamble based on his last NSS appearance and current form and Garrity deserved a chance after his recent good form in the British semi final and for Scunthorpe but was not impressive before his unfortunate injury.

6 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Strange that !!      Probably I was giving Lemon more credit than he deserved ,  in thinking that Garrity IRR was preconceived . There was no doubting  Bewley and Tungate would benefit BV score, far more then had Garrity took his rides.    Looking at the slow motion replay on the media,   Garrity looked suspicious when he turned into Andersen's rear wheel when half a length adrift  at the start.    I was even surprised the ref ordered all four back.      When he was replaced with Bewley I immediately praised Lemon for his application of the rules...     Thinking 'You Crafty Sod' .      But when reading the above post probably it was just in my twisted thinking that Lemon had in fact bent the rules to suit   :t:

Jason has put on Facebook this morning that he is just waiting for an operation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

Sometimes  meetings do work out as one imagines.   Result in doubt until the end always makes it more interesting.     Obviously pleased we took advantage of this ridiculous fixture planning,   nobody has mentioned the crowd numbers yet , so don't know how it was perceived against that of the normal.  Guests may have been somewhat weaker,  but some of Belle Vue's own riders didn't perform has they could have, so it would be wrong to proportion all the blame on the guests...  Never more than 6 points apart  the end was always going to be close.

From the contacts,   the Updates; and tweets,  we Stars fans should be very happy.    We performed well as a team,     we provided 7 race winners away from home,   We only had  6 last places,  and secure 4  of 5-1 race wins.    All relevant facts that indicate our inner team strength.     Niels, slowly but surely , is getting back to his old form,   MPT  is a far better rider than most people recognise,  Proctor is proving he was never a gamble,  Kerr has to be one best reserves ever , and Robert has at last come of age...

No, we may not have won against a full BV side, but for sure we would have gave them something to think about.....       That heat 13 last night was  massive.    to gain a 5-1 in that race after they had clawed back level ,  all but sealed their fate.,,

We at Belle Vue realise fully that MPT is a really good rider and were surprised that BV didn't step in for him before Lynn, given his proven ability at the NSS. Our loss is certainly Lynn's gain

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Are you saying that Garrity did it on purpose under Lemon’s orders? The fact that Garrity has been in hospital all night and is having an operation this morning.

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

Robert has at last come of age...

I agree with you except for the 'at last' part because when you think that if Robert Lambert has now come of age ( I do fully agree there ) that is bloody marvellous as he is only just 20 with ( fingers crossed ) 10 -15 years to stay at the top. Yippee!

21 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I agree with you except for the 'at last' part because when you think that if Robert Lambert has now come of age ( I do fully agree there ) that is bloody marvellous as he is only just 20 with ( fingers crossed ) 10 -15 years to stay at the top. Yippee!

Absolutely, he has certainly stepped up a level this year and to be scoring the points he is now in several different countries at twenty years old is excellent progress. Some people thought he should have a Michael Lee type impact at 16-18 but riders progress at different rates, doesn't make them better or worse. 

His fitness regime seems to be bearing fruit and this could be said for the whole team, these marginal gains including fitness, team building and the warm up/down cycles seem to squeezing a few extra % out several riders  and are being reflected in results so far.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Are you saying that Garrity did it on purpose under Lemon’s orders? The fact that Garrity has been in hospital all night and is having an operation this morning.

Firstly, let me say I hate it when anyone get injured, and wish Garrity a speedy recovery.     but it wouldn't be the first time someone has pretended to fall hoping to con the ref.    In his first 2 rides  Garrity struggled to impose himself, me thinking  Andersen could possibly beat him in that next race.    When we see the slow motion replay of the accident on the media,   I could see no sense in Garrity turning in to hit Andersen's back wheel, and  so believed that it could have been preconceived.     Rightly or wrongly,  if it had been arranged, it  would never  be intended to get hurt.   I apologise if I seem callous,  but being able to replace him with Tungate and Bewley strengthened Belle Vue's  corner considerably .

I hope I am wrong in my thinking and that it was all an accident.    Like I said I hate to see people get hurt, I hope he make a speedy recovery and back racing soon...