British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Belle Vue V Kings Lynn Stars 21st May 2018

43 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Must have missed where Lynn put the blame on Cook.Only see someone post on here that he was riding but not from anyone official or connected to the club i must admit.Where was it the club blamed Cook?

People on here were actually upset that they hadn't heard anything at all.

The only time I saw anyone from the club name Cook was a tweet from Robin Brundle after the eventual line up was announced. No blame was made or even hinted at.

• Like 1

And of course we are still without the injured Steve Worrall. I can't see any available PL riders who could be adequate replacements at the NSS. Kurtz is inconsistent, Holder not as good as any of those missing and Josh G is struggling. 

The proper decision is to rearrange the meeting but it doesn't look as if that will happen.

12 hours ago, Aces51 said:

iAnd of course we are still without the injured Steve Worrall. I can't see any available PL riders who could be adequate replacements at the NSS. Kurtz is inconsistent, Holder not as good as any of those missing and Josh G is struggling. 

The proper decision is to rearrange the meeting but it doesn't look as if that will happen.

I'm not a lover of these fixtures, but they were always on the horizon when implementing the FRN idea.   Yes, we may have eliminated the problems with D/U  but when teams  have their big hitters missing, inevitably  there aren't anybody adequate to fill their places, because other teams will usually be racing the same night. 

Its not the ideal scenario of promoting the sport nor  does it  encourage fans to spend their hard earnt money...

Edited by g13webb

If Sunday through Wednesday are reserved for poland/Sweden/UK/Denmark, then surely all international meetings should be held on Friday/Saturday so no clashes. What stops these two qualifiers being on Saturday. Why do the FIM not consider the league, which are essentially creating the quality riders they need.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

If Sunday through Wednesday are reserved for poland/Sweden/UK/Denmark, then surely all international meetings should be held on Friday/Saturday so no clashes. What stops these two qualifiers being on Saturday. Why do the FIM not consider the league, which are essentially creating the quality riders they need.

Because the FIM show no regard for league racing or domestic speedway for that matter. All too often the FIM is run by people for whom speedway is a sport staged occasionally on Sundays in minor nations. The rights and needs of the major nations have always been secondary.

I saw an FIM report many, many years ago on an FIM event held in Britain. What was the first section? Quality of product? Value for money? No, it answered the question "Were the FIM representatives looked after and were there requests met?" or words to that effect. 

Now we have a speedway man in control in Armando Castagna things should have improved but for too long the FIM was the preserve of the small-time motorcycle club organiser who had risen, usually way beyond their competence. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

Surely,   if Belle Vue cant field a team then Lynn would agree to a postponement .   (Seem to remember Poole was given that facility when they were to race against Lakeside some years back).  I cant believe meetings like this  can ever benefit the sport and any success Lynn may achieve would only be a hollow victory..   anyway.

Sure,  I would love the Stars to win,  but its need to be raced for,   not given to them....     

Ridiculous situation....:shock:

• Like 8

one word...................Pathetic.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kelvinht said:

The FIM are sadly between a rock and a hard place with these qualifiers- they struggle to get federations/staging clubs to put on these meetings- hence no semi`s in the GP qualifying this year. If it wasn`t for Germany and Italy coming forward all the time there would be major problems. Monday May 21st is a bank holiday in Germany so you can understand the Abensberg club wanting that date.

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

Surely,   if Belle Vue cant field a team then Lynn would agree to a postponement .   (Seem to remember Poole was given that facility when they were to race against Lakeside some years back).  I cant believe meetings like this  can ever benefit the sport and any success Lynn may achieve would only be a hollow victory..   anyway.

Sure,  I would love the Stars to win,  but its need to be raced for,   not given to them....     

Ridiculous situation....:shock:

It's an absolutely ridiculous situation but there's no chance of King's Lynn cancelling. They wouldn't cancel the Leicester meeting knowing the oppositions 2 best rider's were missing. The Lynn management knows this is an excellent opportunity to bag 4 away points. It ain't a given but the chances are much greater than if Belle Vue have a full team.

It's all that is wrong with Speedway, all about taking advantage of others misfortune. 

Leicester also looking for one maybe two guests on Mon as Hans Andersen is also in the same meeting as Fricke and Cook plus possibly Danny King injured - could be a scramble for the three names mentioned from Poole and maybe Richard Lawson  Ricky Wells ?????

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's an absolutely ridiculous situation but there's no chance of King's Lynn cancelling. They wouldn't cancel the Leicester meeting knowing the oppositions 2 best rider's were missing. The Lynn management knows this is an excellent opportunity to bag 4 away points. It ain't a given but the chances are much greater than if Belle Vue have a full team.

It's all that is wrong with Speedway, all about taking advantage of others misfortune. 

Very true, this meeting is certainly not in the best interests of British speedway, If Kings Lynn (Chapman) didn't cancel against Leicester he certainly wont against us, no doubt he sees it as an opportunity to gain away points, that its not his club losing financially only enhances his opportunity. And this is the man who is Chairman and the person who is supposed to be taking the sport forward? I have always liked Kings Lynn as a club and this would have been a good meeting with two full strength sides, sadly im not paying to watch half a side, the money I save will go towards the Swindon trip on the 31st.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Very true, this meeting is certainly not in the best interests of British speedway, If Kings Lynn (Chapman) didn't cancel against Leicester he certainly wont against us, no doubt he sees it as an opportunity to gain away points, that its not his club losing financially only enhances his opportunity. And this is the man who is Chairman and the person who is supposed to be taking the sport forward? I have always liked Kings Lynn as a club and this would have been a good meeting with two full strength sides, sadly im not paying to watch half a side, the money I save will go towards the Swindon trip on the 31st.

I too will be giving this farce a miss...

However...

On here and various other forums we will get several contributors to the threads discussing whom are the best guests...

Several will comment that "it will still be good racing"....

And come the result,  several will comment on how it was either a good result or a bad one, as if it was an actual bona fide sporting contest between two professional sports teams vying for a National Title..

Sometimes, Speedway fans really do get the operating model (and sport) they deserve...

• Like 1

This reminds me of when a mate got married. Just before the ceremony her dress and ring was taken and she had to use a boiler suit and a ring pull off a tin of beans & sausage. She tried to cancel but the organisers said if she did she would have to pay £1000 and be docked three points??

Even though she was in tears she went ahead with it. To make matters worse some people who had supported her up to that point refused to attend when they heard what was going on, even taking their wedding gifts away with them. Much worse they were heard calling her a dick as they left. I tried to reason with these people but one of them hit me in the face with a spade then they all stood around me laughing and kicking. 

I’m looking forward to Monday’s meeting as a way of putting all this behind me. 

I kept the spade just in case I run into Buster. 

• Like 1

I know many Belle Vue fans don't like Buster but surely it's the Belle Vue promotion that have messed up here for giving this date as an option for a previously called off meeting.

Having just looked at the fixture list the next available Monday for these two sides would be the17th September,bit too late really.

Edited by tellboy

41 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I know many Belle Vue fans don't like Buster but surely it's the Belle Vue promotion that have messed up here for giving this date as an option for a previously called off meeting.

Having just looked at the fixture list the next available Monday for these two sides would be the17th September,bit too late really.

Or they just call it off as "not in the interests of (British) Speedway"...?

Been done before I believe?..;):rolleyes:

• Like 1