British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Belle Vue V Kings Lynn Stars 21st May 2018

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

If i was to take a group of non-speedway people to speedway,i wouldn't even start to explain the rules etc,or these riders don't actually ride for them etc they don't need to know this especially for their first meeting.I would just let them see what speedway is about first and foremost and that's the actual racing.If they enjoy the racing that's half the battle done.And lets be honest Belle Vue is the place to take them to get good racing.

I actually couldn't agree with you more, and I did discuss this with my 'new Glasgow Tigers friend'. Since the NSS has been open I myself have taken several 'first-timers' with mixed results. One example of my own though is that rules do eventually crop up. I took one friend who loved it and immediately wanted to go again. In his first match it was a full 7 v 7, but in the second visit there were guests and, because the centre green presenter started talking about 'guests', my friend wanted to know more. It did put him off a bit, but he has continued to go - and he accepts that injuries will often mean guests. He has though read the background behind tonight's rearranged fixture and has texted me to say I won't see him there tonight.

1 hour ago, Gunner85 said:

They might read it...but high probability that they would ignore the content.

They will be Much To Busy working on Plan B for this season and the changes they are already working on for 2019. How fortunate we are that they care about the sport so much.

Sorry to hear that 3 guests are needed. Maybe BV should have put in a permanent replacement for Worrall at an earlier stage and so avoided having to deal with it belatedly.

I guess that no matter which night a club operates on, there are bound to be riders off and away playing their trade in international competitions. Back in the 1970s and 1980s they'd be missing for a whole week or even more due to having to travel by road and ferry. At least they can now hop onto a plane and be back the next day if needed.

God I was in a good mood until I see some of the moaning on here! I recon it will be a very entertaining meeting. Close racing on a good track. 

why is it the fair weather fans have the loudest voices on these forums. With the most moanin posts!!! You clearly have nothing better to do so why not go tonight. If the crowd last Monday was anything to go by then I think the team you support could probably do with your help. But do me a favour. Don't talk to anybody. You will kill the buzz for everybody

Go on Kings Lynn !!!!

clap clap clap!!!

Edited by Danny Connor
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

God I was in a good mood until I see some of the moaning on here! I recon it will be a very entertaining meeting. Close racing on a good track. 

why is it the fair weather fans have the loudest voices on these forums. With the most moanin posts!!! You clearly have nothing better to do so why not go tonight. If the crowd last Monday was anything to go by then I think the team you support could probably do with your help. But do me a favour. Don't talk to anybody. You will kill the buzz for everybody

Go on Kings Lynn !!!!

clap clap clap!!!

So its not just me then mate .

Rain on its way. Would be *devastated* is this meeting can't go on.

2 hours ago, one of clubs said:

I think we have a couple more double agents tonight who are on another guarantee from Matt Fraud.

You may well be right. We will see soon enough.

5 hours ago, one of clubs said:

I think we have a couple more double agents tonight who are on another guarantee from Matt Fraud.

Well you got that wrong :)

8 minutes ago, ray c said:

Well you got that wrong :)

I don't think he knew that a guests scores don't count towards their averages. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

Iversen seems to be coming back into some form now, could KL be dark horses for the title? 

Great result tonight.I thought we were going to throw it away though.Thought Dale would have left Kerr in Ht14 to try and make sure in that heat.I wasn't there so maybe Andersen was doing ok or Kerr had problems.I'm sure someone who was there will clear that one up for us.Good solid scores throughout the team again tonight with a couple of little exceptions.But a result is a result at the end of the day.

10 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Well garitty did give us something to talk about but for the wrong reasons. I think I'm right in saying he is only the second rider in the history of the NSS to withdraw from an Aces meeting? I hope he's okay.

Restricting kl to 3 points was probably the best we could hope for so not as bad as I expected.

Gutted for losing by four...

(Because I had the Stars down for a six point win on the Belle Vue Army Prediction League)...

And Bewley as top scorer. ..

Damn you Rohan! Damn you!:D

Well I had to have something to keep me interested in this nonsense meeting...:rolleyes:

Oh yes, well done to King's Lynn, the best team won..

(Well the ONLY team there won I should have said).....:D

Edited by mikebv

Hopefully get to see Ht13 on the BSPA website.Sounded good from what Phil The Ace described on the updates.

• Like 1