Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Belle Vue V Kings Lynn Stars 21st May 2018

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Didn't know you could use IRR in the same race as the rider got injured in thought it had to be a reserve. Not seen it used that way before but probably i just didn't realise that part of the rule. 

He was not excluded... just fell non starter... so replacement is ok

13 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Firstly, let me say I hate it when anyone get injured, and wish Garrity a speedy recovery.     but it wouldn't be the first time someone has pretended to fall hoping to con the ref.    In his first 2 rides  Garrity struggled to impose himself, me thinking  Andersen could possibly beat him in that next race.    When we see the slow motion replay of the accident on the media,   I could see no sense in Garrity turning in to hit Andersen's back wheel, and  so believed that it could have been preconceived.     Rightly or wrongly,  if it had been arranged, it  would never  be intended to get hurt.   I apologise if I seem callous,  but being able to replace him with Tungate and Bewley strengthened Belle Vue's  corner considerably .

I hope I am wrong in my thinking and that it was all an accident.    Like I said I hate to see people get hurt, I hope he make a speedy recovery and back racing soon...  

I have no problem with teams using whatever tactics during a meeting. It is sport at the end of the day. If Garrity had a couple of duff heats a good, clever team manager would ask his rider's to do what he wants. IRR almost got Belle Vue back into the meeting. 

One thing that most Stars fans have said over recent seasons is that we're a 'too nice' team. Very rarely does gamesmanship take place. Very often we give our rider's their full programmed rides where replacement would be a better option. That also happened last night in giving Andersen heat 14. Most other managers would have put Kerr in, fortunately it didn't come back to bite the Stars a picked up an excellent away win.

Let's see which style of team wins the league this year. Gamesmanship or Fair Play??

There must have been a reason for Kerr not getting heat 14. Agree about being too nice, which is why it's good to read that Lambert was forceful in heats 13 & 15.

When will new averages come out putting Kerr into the top five?

Can’t believe anyone would think Garrity would do that on purpose, it was a nasty crash, Garrity and Andersen locked together going into first bend and Garrity went down very heavily head first and was clearly knocked out for few seconds as lay motionless.

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I apologise if I seem callous,  but being able to replace him with Tungate and Bewley strengthened Belle Vue's  corner considerably .

I think is better to describe us as a bit less weakened as Garrity was only there in the first place as a replacement for our injured skipper. 

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Can’t believe anyone would think Garrity would do that on purpose, it was a nasty crash, Garrity and Andersen locked together going into first bend and Garrity went down very heavily head first and was clearly knocked out for few seconds as lay motionless.

I'm not suggesting it as I wasn't there. All I was saying is I'd not be surprised if it happened as gaining advantage where possible is part and parcel of sport.

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

There must have been a reason for Kerr not getting heat 14. Agree about being too nice, which is why it's good to read that Lambert was forceful in heats 13 & 15.

When will new averages come out putting Kerr into the top five?

Averages come in on the 1st of every month 

20 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Averages come in on the 1st of every month 

The rule book says cut off date is the 23rd and new averages come in 7 days later

58 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

The rule book says cut off date is the 23rd and new averages come in 7 days later

16.2.1.4 Updated MA’s will be calculated monthly on a rolling basis on all eligible meetings, up to and including 23rd of the month to become effective from the 1st of the following month.

14 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

I'm with you now. We have tried everyone now so might aswell give Josh a go. All though I've heard a temp signing is on the way and it's not auty unfortunately 

Steady Phil dont get to excited once will do,but Lemo wont give Auty a chance while that little rubbish Tungate is in the team

15 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

16.2.1.4 Updated MA’s will be calculated monthly on a rolling basis on all eligible meetings, up to and including 23rd of the month to become effective from the 1st of the following month.

Sorry I was convinced that I Had read that it came in 7 days later.... memory failure !!!!

WITH all four GP qualifying rounds being held the same weekend, but only one on a Monday, anyone with any intelligence (pigs might fly) would have ensured that Belle Vue's two top riders weren't in the Abensberg meeting and could have been at the NSS fort the match against KL instead. And please don't tell me that it is an open draw...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Let's see which style of team wins the league this year. Gamesmanship or Fair Play??

Please don't let it be like this ( although I fear that it is ) sadly.

29 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Sorry I was convinced that I Had read that it came in 7 days later.... memory failure !!!!

You did see it but it's for assessed rider's averages

16.2.1.6 A SGB Premiership or Championship assessed League rider will establish an MA after 4 Home and 4 Away fixtures, becoming effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting. Should an Established MA not be achieved to be effective from 1st May, then the MC may issue a revised MA, based upon actual rides if the Team re-declares.

8 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Please don't let it be like this ( although I fear that it is ) sadly.

It's always been this way and that's sport in general. 

King's Lynn have tried something different with their fitness camps, pre-meeting training and are a nice team. 

Let's wait and see if all the stuff in the background can deliver over teams who love to manipulate and bend rules.