British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Peterborough vs Newcastle SGBC Sat 19th May @7pm

8 hours ago, Gating tart said:

You mean lindgren! what excuses do people have got for him this time ? 

Was tongue in cheek

Edited by Arson fire
Typo

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I think people can understand and criticise him for bad meetings... I just think he gets it way worse than anyone else... No one ever mentions how bad any of the other riders do... It's always straight into Lindgren for some reason, even if he isn't the lowest scorer, that's what p*sses me off about the whole Ludvig thing, he's never a number 1, we need to bring in Anders Thomsen or Kevin Wolbert or someone similar with the points we have to play with... How much longer is it until we HAVE to replace Lewis?

Unfortunately Anders Thomsen does Poland on Sundays.

2 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Just waiting for tsunami to tell us how many problems he had with his bikes last night etc etc....

Twitter post from LL with no excuses from him:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, britmet said:

Speedway concession price for the evening £13, . . .MCN Festival concession price if you booked by Thursday £11.
So remember for next year,. . . buy a Festival ticket and make the day of it, and stay in the ground for the evening, (there's music, bands, beer tents, kiddies rides, etc. ongoing.)

Enjoyed my first time at the Fest, a great family party day out, glorious weather,  and several speedway connections and people to chat with, - and it got every biker away from those other 2 events happening yesterday, (unless you availed yourself of the TV link-ups in one of the bars.)

An MCN festival day ticket did not include the speedway. You were meant to leave by 5pm & pay for the Speedway extra.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

And away from Edinburgh , all you get from Wolbert is a 5 point rider . 

20180519_193753.thumb.jpg.8b121ce69e82cbc652456b5321de0312.jpg

A decent crowd I thought yesterday making for quite a decent atmosphere, a shame that probably only 40% of them had paid. Here's what one MCN show goer thought to it all, a bit harsh as I thought it was quite entertaining ;)

8 hours ago, bloom89 said:

I’d also be looking at replacing Wilkinson surely? He’s been really poor considering he was meant to make up half of the strongest reserve pairing in the league. I’d rather see someone like Greaves or Perks brought in who will at least improve unlike Wilkinson who is only going one way and it’s not better. 

I would love to see Ellis Perks or Adam Roynon (I know he hates Brough) over Carl, no offence to Wilko but I think his time has come... He seems very keen, but he's just slowing down with age sort of thing... Maybe he should look at leading Buxton in the National League or something?

7 hours ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

Exactly he’s not a no 1 and as I’ve said before it’s the way the team is made up that makes him exposed, if he is getting beat by opponents of same average and above and wining the odd one to me he’s doing his job, the criticism I have with him is how many times he looses to reserves and second strings is more than it should be, i think we need to be looking at others before Lindgren as they are not performing anywhere near what they should given their experience,it must be proving difficult to get replacements so wouldn’t surprise me if they are waiting for our riders to get fit, don’t go anywhere near as much as I used to but if I did I would feel really short changed watching so many guests and rider replacements in meetings at the moment

I've never thought of Ludvig as a number 1, he's my favourite rider but I do agree, he should be at number 4 ideally... With a decent and consistent number 3 to partner him... It just annoys me, even last season it happened... People seem to be straight on at him before even contemplating anyone else... Ludvig, Ashley and Jake were the only Diamonds to get a race win yesterday, Carl was poorer than Ludvig, Matthew was poorer than Ludvig, but it was straight to having a go at him, without fail every meeting we lose, even when he hasn't done as worse as other riders in the team... He shouldn't be at number 1, he's in a false position and probably has the hardest job on any of the Diamonds at the minute (As will any of the riders who go to number 1 this season will)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

That's a shame...

6 hours ago, Paulco said:

And away from Edinburgh , all you get from Wolbert is a 5 point rider . 

Well at least we might win at Edinburgh then ;) Edinburgh and Brough are both tight tracks and Kevin is more of a number 1 than any of the other riders we have...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

That's a shame...

Well at least we might win at Edinburgh then ;) Edinburgh and Brough are both tight tracks and Kevin is more of a number 1 than any of the other riders we have...

He was, but dipped badly at Glasgow, and was only a shadow of his former self on his visits to Newcastle when he had been imperialist with his early performances. Never really got over the food poisoning he got from that dodgy burger. :rolleyes: