British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

KOC QF 1st Leg - Swindon v Rye House • 21/05/2018

1 hour ago, westhamboy66 said:

You fail again to be critical of Harris at No 1 and KK never bothering to finish a race when he's at the back.Knives out again for Kennett but everything else is rosy in the camp

Poor old Bomber, only beats his team mate in his first two rides .The only opposing rider he beat was Swindon reserve Wajtknecht. He has to be the weakest No1 in the league !!

F'ing shambles of a side led by dumb and dumber. Dumber on the official site reckons it can be done & the side needs to mantain its self belief lol

Monday night racing at the Abbey will not work unless it is on a bank holiday  or against Poole i thought there was maybe 8/900 there tonight at best.The racing  was ok Rye House were dismal they looked a tired old team riding against a Swindon team who still have riders on the way up special mention for Jack Smith worked his socks off for his points.

• Like 1

Embarrassing & pathetic from the Rockets but to be expected. Swindon have a very decent side we do not, its as simple as that. 

Good Luck to the Robins in the next round. 

2 minutes ago, JamesM09 said:

Embarrassing & pathetic from the Rockets but to be expected. Swindon have a very decent side we do not, its as simple as that. 

Good Luck to the Robins in the next round. 

Have to agree thought things were bad but ..........    think we need a wholesale rethink of the team - not going to say who I would drop but (and I don't know about the averages) I would be talking to Tai / Freddie Lindgren  Ricky Wells and James Shanes - many more matches with this team and our season is over - we could have actually won our match at Poole last week but failed to use the TR when we had the chance (quite simple really do you want to see Summers and KK have 4 rides each or Summers 3 and KK 5)- expected to lose at Swindon but last night was a complete disaster (to actually say that we stand a chance of winning on aggregate on Wed  well what can one say?)

9 hours ago, Chris said:

F'ing shambles of a side led by dumb and dumber. Dumber on the official site reckons it can be done & the side needs to mantain its self belief lol

it doesn't happen very often BUT have to fully agree with you - can not see any positives at present

Chris Harris you had to feel for him last night the effort was there but he looked so slow.He must of made changes and give Musielak one hell of a scrap  he tried everything then later on in the  meeting he has two falls in one race.The first was bunching on the first bend then he was involved in a horrific crash with Nick Morris/Scott all got up god knows how.? The rerun then begun and Chris is first at the starting gate amazing last night showed why i am such an admirer of Bomber takes his knocks comes back for more for  me a real racer i hope he gets his machine issues sorted out soon.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Very poor. Two seasons in the top flight and two pathetic performances in the cup. Changes need to be made.

24 minutes ago, startline sid said:

Have to agree thought things were bad but ..........    think we need a wholesale rethink of the team - not going to say who I would drop but (and I don't know about the averages) I would be talking to Tai / Freddie Lindgren  Ricky Wells and James Shanes - many more matches with this team and our season is over - we could have actually won our match at Poole last week but failed to use the TR when we had the chance (quite simple really do you want to see Summers and KK have 4 rides each or Summers 3 and KK 5)- expected to lose at Swindon but last night was a complete disaster (to actually say that we stand a chance of winning on aggregate on Wed  well what can one say?)

Can't imagine that Tai or Freddie would have any intention of adding the UK to their schedules sadly, either would be a great signing but neither would come cheap.

Shanes is a name that keeps cropping up and I have no idea why. He isn't any good at Rye and has gone on record saying he doesn't like the track in the past. He's on an average he wouldn't sustain, let alone improve upon. Seems to be falling into the Newman category of average riders who people fall over themselves to sign because they rode for Poole in the past. 

30 minutes ago, startline sid said:

60-30 on Wednesday, win on aggregate, Sorted.

21 minutes ago, Oafski said:

60-30 on Wednesday, win on aggregate, Sorted.

I will have what your having

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Chris Harris you had to feel for him last night the effort was there but he looked so slow.He must of made changes and give Musielak one hell of a scrap  he tried everything then later on in the  meeting he has two falls in one race.The first was bunching on the first bend then he was involved in a horrific crash with Nick Morris/Scott all got up god knows how.? The rerun then begun and Chris is first at the starting gate amazing last night showed why i am such an admirer of Bomber takes his knocks comes back for more for  me a real racer i hope he gets his machine issues sorted out soon.

His scores this season have been completely unacceptable for a rider of his experience  Stop making crap excuses. We'll swap for Morris if your such an admirer.

27 minutes ago, Chris said:

His scores this season have been completely unacceptable for a rider of his experience  Stop making crap excuses. We'll swap for Morris if your such an admirer.

Maybe you need to try and understand the reasons why? you are more and likely  not interested in them but surely you see he was trying last night and as a supporter in my eyes that is all you can ask.As a example at Swindon there has been some  moans and groans about Bellego at times this year and look at  him last night he was on fire.In speedway now there are fine lines between doing well and just falling short.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, startline sid said:

Agree has to be at least 4/5 Changes; James Shanes hates RH always has done so he is a no go. Would love to see Wells back. Dont think BMR have the ambition, crowds or backing to get Tai/Freddie unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, JamesM09 said:

Agree has to be at least 4/5 Changes; James Shanes hates RH always has done so he is a no go. Would love to see Wells back. Dont think BMR have the ambition, crowds or backing to get Tai/Freddie unfortunately. 

Wouldn't say it's a lack of ambition but nobody has seemingly taught our promotion how to build a winning team. Sign riders who will improve their averages. 

Who would Wells replace? Anyone other than Kennett and it's a like for like signing and won't actually mean much. I don't see him putting his average up. 

you gotta sign riders on the up too achieve at speedway, ones  in their late 30s are heading one way tbh