British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

KOC QF 1st Leg - Swindon v Rye House • 21/05/2018

3 hours ago, Chris said:

His scores this season have been completely unacceptable for a rider of his experience  Stop making crap excuses. We'll swap for Morris if your such an admirer.

What is more unacceptable to me is the amount of money he will be taking home from these meetings,Dirk Turpin springs to mind.

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

What is more unacceptable to me is the amount of money he will be taking home from these meetings,Dirk Turpin springs to mind.

Do you know how much he is on.? or is it pie in the sky.??  ok he is struggling at times but he puts 100 per cent in do you expect blood.

It's pie in the Sky,expensive Pie no doubt,you can't fault his effort in a meeting but his excuses are getting tiresome.

5 hours ago, Ben91 said:

Wouldn't say it's a lack of ambition but nobody has seemingly taught our promotion how to build a winning team. Sign riders who will improve their averages. 

Who would Wells replace? Anyone other than Kennett and it's a like for like signing and won't actually mean much. I don't see him putting his average up. 

Ben forget about averages someone putting two on his average that will guarantee nothing. A team is like a jigsaw and team spirit means one hell of alot too you can have two riders who are popular with the fans always average six mixed in with some fresh blood youth that scenario can work to.Poole this year are a fine example at least four of there riders should of improved  there averages it has not happened has it for some reason for me it it is a myth about having to have improving riders  yes it helps but having a Balance is the answer.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

It's pie in the Sky,expensive Pie no doubt,you can't fault his effort in a meeting but his excuses are getting tiresome.

I have not heard any excuses from him Harris have you ? last night KK was a disgrace yet he escapes hardly any flak he scored more than Harris but his attitude of oh well if i am behind let's give up and pull up was a real kick in the teeth certainly for Rye fans. 

26 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I have not heard any excuses from him Harris have you ? last night KK was a disgrace yet he escapes hardly any flak he scored more than Harris but his attitude of oh well if i am behind let's give up and pull up was a real kick in the teeth certainly for Rye fans. 

I've seen his response to critisisum ,not very Professional IMO .

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I've seen his response to critisisum ,not very Professional IMO .

Let's be honest he has taken stick on this forum over the years even when he has been doing well.

12 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Ben forget about averages someone putting two on his average that will guarantee nothing. A team is like a jigsaw and team spirit means one hell of alot too you can have two riders who are popular with the fans always average six mixed in with some fresh blood youth that scenario can work to.Poole this year are a fine example at least four of there riders should of improved  there averages it has not happened has it for some reason for me it it is a myth about having to have improving riders  yes it helps but having a Balance is the answer.

While there is more when you dig deeper, the simple formula for building a winning speedway team is to sign the team that will improve the most. 

Poole may be struggling a little at the moment but when you do as well as they do as regularly as they do it goes to show that their model for running the show is the right one. If a rider has no use to them then he goes. I still expect them to turn it around this season too, us at Rye on the other hand, I'm not so sure. KK fell in our lap last season, if he hadn't we would have finished near the bottom, the team wasn't improved in the winter and now we're doing just as poorly as we did pre-KK last term. 

20 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

While there is more when you dig deeper, the simple formula for building a winning speedway team is to sign the team that will improve the most. 

Poole may be struggling a little at the moment but when you do as well as they do as regularly as they do it goes to show that their model for running the show is the right one. If a rider has no use to them then he goes. I still expect them to turn it around this season too, us at Rye on the other hand, I'm not so sure. KK fell in our lap last season, if he hadn't we would have finished near the bottom, the team wasn't improved in the winter and now we're doing just as poorly as we did pre-KK last term. 

I actually want Rye to improve because they are good for the league and it was great that they come up.Now i believe is the right time to think about one big league as things now are getting pretty desperate and i know there would be a problem with the number of riders but i believe teams could be pretty near together  strength wise.For me building a team you have to think of the year after as well at Swindon we have done that pretty well.Continuity is something i like in a team and i would like to think again next year  the team will be built around Morris,Musielak, Batchelor,Ellis, Zach W anyway hope things improve for Rye.

10 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Let's be honest he has taken stick on this forum over the years even when he has been doing well.

He has,but mainly for his excuses,rather than his efforts on track which are always 100%.Thats forums for you though.Opinions.

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He has,but mainly for his excuses,rather than his efforts on track which are always 100%.Thats forums for you though.Opinions.

Fair comment indeed.