British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Berwick Tyne Tweed Trophy 2nd leg Sunday 20th May @ 6.30pm

Teams as announced on the Diamonds Website:

Newcastle: Lindgren (c), Stuart Robson - rider replacement or guest, Manzares (guest for Rose), Wethers, Aarnio, Wilkinson, Morris 

Berwick: Aaron Summers, Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen - Rider replacement, Dany Gappmaier, David Howe, Kevin Doolan (captain), John Lindman, Jye Etheridge, number 8 to be confirmed.

Doubt Manzares will be guest as he's been injured at Scunthorpe tonight.

So much for the team "for the future of the Diamonds." !!

Could well be a tough Meeting. Doolan and Jakobsen go well around Brough.

28 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

Could well be a tough Meeting. Doolan and Jakobsen go well around Brough.

NBJ  has been stood down for 9 days due to concussion 

I hadn't realised that. Thanks for the information.

I hope Jakobsen is soon recovered. A shame - he is good to watch.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StevePark said:

So much for the team "for the future of the Diamonds." !!

Some people should learn to keep their trap shut sometimes. Nine times out of ten over-promising leads only to disappointment. IGWT, but this is a big let-down and I hope that an explanation is forthcoming tomorrow (Roy).

17 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Doolan go[es] well around Brough.

Well when he guested for us a couple of weeks ago he struggled to beat the opposition's reserves.

This looks pretty much like a non-event now. Why not show somw imagination and run one of those 12 rider individual meetings instead, interspersed with a short-term individual for Archie Freeman at al? 

Edited by Terrace Grumbler
Thought of something else

49 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Some people should learn to keep their trap shut sometimes. Nine times out of ten over-promising leads only to disappointment. IGWT, but this is a big let-down and I hope that an explanation is forthcoming tomorrow (Roy).

Well when he guested for us a couple of weeks ago he struggled to beat the opposition's reserves.

This looks pretty much like a non-event now. Why not show somw imagination and run one of those 12 rider individual meetings instead, interspersed with a short-term individual for Archie Freeman at al? 

Because the first leg has already been run and it’s played every year...

According to Peterborough website Jake Allen guest for Robbo &Anderson for rosy in to nights match.

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Got a bit more opposition for Archie and Danny tomorrow night, if folks want to stay back and watch. Had others lined up for the 500's but now had a drop out.

Well it’s the day of the meeting and no team news, wonder if Lindman’s recovered from his lack of getting on a plane yesterday and I wonder who Newcastle’s going to have for Rose and Robbo

Saw somewhere it said Jake Allen for Robson and one of the Anderson brothers for Rose? 

37 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well it’s the day of the meeting and no team news, wonder if Lindman’s recovered from his lack of getting on a plane yesterday and I wonder who Newcastle’s going to have for Rose and Robbo

I though I heard it mentioned last night that Greaves was booked for both fixtures 

30 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Saw somewhere it said Jake Allen for Robson and one of the Anderson brothers for Rose? 

That was for last night at Peterborough, unless they've agreed to do tonight as well (it was Jonas B Andersen last night).

Edited by StevePark

43 minutes ago, StevePark said:

That was for last night at Peterborough, unless they've agreed to do tonight as well (it was Jonas B Andersen last night).

My apologies. It will be me whose read it wrong :oops: 

I'd personally make you go with 2 NL riders :wink: 

Surely Bandits will be on a high after last night keep it going.

5 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Surely Bandits will be on a high after last night keep it going.

Happened so many times before though.. On a high, get to Newcastle and we come crashing dramatically bCk down. I'd like to think it won't happen but as long as we come away with a full team to continue with the proper stuff then it's game on :approve: 

• Like 1