British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Berwick Tyne Tweed Trophy 2nd leg Sunday 20th May @ 6.30pm

Just now, Dandelion said:

I thought we only had 28 days or something before we couldn't use guests or R/R for a retired rider? So surely someone must be signed in place of Rose soon, how many days has it been?

So much for our new riders that we were going to get in for this meeting, Roy...?

Lewis hasn't retired.  He is taking time out from the sport.  There is  a big difference.  

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

Lewis hasn't retired.  He is taking time out from the sport.  There is  a big difference.  

So instead of saying he's retired, he has told everyone he's taking time out so we don't have to replace him? Using R/R and guests for the rest of the year is hardly going to be interesting and bring in the crowds for all the money we don't have...

Any other team, if one of their riders was going to take time out would act straight away or at least communicate with their fans what the plan was...?

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

I think it's just the false promises of new riders that excites the fans... And it doesn't happen... I think certain people need to learn to keep their mouths shut...

1 hour ago, mauger65 said:

its becoming beyond farcial and lack of communication is joke

You can only say something if there is something to say. There has been many discussions that have looked promising, but which took a wrong turn at the end so no signing. Do you really want the promotion to give you a running commentary of 'nil' news and be accused of leading the fans with nothing really to report. A deal was agreed and was turned over, so what was the point if that had been on the site ?  

We are urgently looking for someone who can text updates from this meeting to the Updates site? If you can help, please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Edit: Meeting is now covered. Shadders is texting.

Edited by ellioth4

Newcastle got put of jail this evening. 

While Summers was excellent and Howe got among the points, that was about it from a Berwick perspective and I can't see opposition in the league being so compliant. 

That said Tero was very professional at no. 5 and I was delighted to see Matty Wethers among the points.

Perhaps the new Green Sheets will be interesting...

55 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Newcastle got put of jail this evening. 

While Summers was excellent and Howe got among the points, that was about it from a Berwick perspective and I can't see opposition in the league being so compliant. 

That said Tero was very professional at no. 5 and I was delighted to see Matty Wethers among the points.

Perhaps the new Green Sheets will be interesting...

Don't think these matches count toward Green Sheet,( could be wrong though).

20 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don't think these matches count toward Green Sheet,( could be wrong though).

They don't, but new GSA's will be out soon.

Always notice how bumpy the BP track is, especially entering and leaving the bends. Is this done on purpose, or is it poor track prep? I thought Dany Gappmaier looked particularly poor tonight. Way off the pace

Edited by Shadders

15 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I think it's just the false promises of new riders that excites the fans... And it doesn't happen... I think certain people need to learn to keep their mouths shut...

I suppose they are just trying to 'sell it',,, wether people buy it or not is a different matter. After hearing of how much persuading it took to get Simon Lambert in as a guest, says so much. Given it was only a challenge, I would have been inclined to give Josh Embleton a chance, no persuasion necessary.

Back to the match, it was good to see all the lads have decent points and, a special mention to Ludde for being the new track record holder, (well for this season) ;)

8 hours ago, Shadders said:

Always notice how bumpy the BP track is, especially entering and leaving the bends. Is this done on purpose, or is it poor track prep? 

Its probly a mix of both, done poorly on purpose to give people something to moan about ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Its probly a mix of both, done poorly on purpose to give people something to moan about ;)

It’s working 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shadders said:

It’s working 

Doing its bit to keep the British spirit up ;)

16 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Four reserves and rider replacement?

Diamonds 38-52 Bandits

So what do I know!

Well done Diamonds and especially Matthew Wethers who looked 10mph faster than in any other meeting this season.

post on the local facebook group - someone living near 4 lane ends who doesn't normally hear the speedway posted that there sounds like a chav scooter rally going on somewhere asking if anyone knew what it was!