British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Berwick Tyne Tweed Trophy 2nd leg Sunday 20th May @ 6.30pm

Would be nice to know the Newcastle guests as I’m thinking about coming down but don’t feel like I should travel to an away meeting and pay to get in when they havn’t even released the teams.

30 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Would be nice to know the Newcastle guests as I’m thinking about coming down but don’t feel like I should travel to an away meeting and pay to get in when they havn’t even released the teams.

It was supposed to be Manzares and Starke, but since Starke is still on the injured list and Manzares got injured at Scunthorpe on Friday, I'd guess we're still looking!!

Newcastle

1 Lindgren

2 R/R Robson

3 S Lambert

4 Wethers

5 Aarnio

6 Wilkinson

7 Morris

Berwick

1 Summers

2 R/R Jakobsen

3 Howe

4 Gappmaier

5 Doolan

6 Greaves

7 Etheridge

Ouch! Newcastle need Morris to have an amazing 7 rides 

19 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

So we use another teams reserve as our heat leader and carry r/r really and they expect a good crowd ????

He could be our next rider ;)

11 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

So we use another teams reserve as our heat leader and carry r/r really and they expect a good crowd ????

I would suspect that nobody else wanted to do it. You can't force riders to guest if they don't want to. And with the GP qualifiers this weekend (3 yesterday, 1 tomorrow) quite a few wouldn't be in the country. Plus our averages ain't great which further limits our options 

• Like 1

Four reserves and rider replacement?

Diamonds 38-52 Bandits

I take all of the points above but I do seriously doubt whether this should go ahead given our apparent inability to put a team together.

I hope I'm wrong and it turns out  to be a good meeting. Lambert has had decent meetings at BP in the past and let's hope he can do the business tonight.

22 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Some people should learn to keep their trap shut sometimes. Nine times out of ten over-promising leads only to disappointment. IGWT, but this is a big let-down and I hope that an explanation is forthcoming tomorrow (Roy).

Well when he guested for us a couple of weeks ago he struggled to beat the opposition's reserves.

This looks pretty much like a non-event now. Why not show somw imagination and run one of those 12 rider individual meetings instead, interspersed with a short-term individual for Archie Freeman at al? 

We are struggling to get 1 or 2 guests. What makes you think we'd manage to find 7 riders (+ our 5) wanting to turn up for a "nothing" individual meeting that even the 'die-hards' are reluctant to turn out for.

• Like 1

I hope they sort a full team sooner rather than later, otherwise crowds will drop even further. 

9 minutes ago, Mentalmik said:

I hope they sort a full team sooner rather than later, otherwise crowds will drop even further. 

Thought the Crowds looked decent so far.

• Like 1

I thought we only had 28 days or something before we couldn't use guests or R/R for a retired rider? So surely someone must be signed in place of Rose soon, how many days has it been?

So much for our new riders that we were going to get in for this meeting, Roy...?

Edited by Dandelion

43 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

its becoming beyond farcial and lack of communication is joke

Certainly is...