British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Berwick Tyne Tweed Trophy 2nd leg Sunday 20th May @ 6.30pm

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

So what do I know!

Well done Diamonds and especially Matthew Wethers who looked 10mph faster than in any other meeting this season.

I think it was always going to be a few meetings for Matty to 'get back into it' as it had been a while since he last rode a speedway bike. Hopefully last night was that night it happened and his scores will be somewhere near to where he and indeed the fans want them to be.

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

post on the local facebook group - someone living near 4 lane ends who doesn't normally hear the speedway posted that there sounds like a chav scooter rally going on somewhere asking if anyone knew what it was!

Awesome.  That has at least made me smile....

Perhaps a new advertising campaign could be developed using this "At Brough Park tonight: Chav's on scooters".

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

post on the local facebook group - someone living near 4 lane ends who doesn't normally hear the speedway posted that there sounds like a chav scooter rally going on somewhere asking if anyone knew what it was!

someone said it had been Ben Barker and a few of his mates just messing about in Sainburys car-park.

19 hours ago, Tsunami said:

You can only say something if there is something to say. There has been many discussions that have looked promising, but which took a wrong turn at the end so no signing. Do you really want the promotion to give you a running commentary of 'nil' news and be accused of leading the fans with nothing really to report. A deal was agreed and was turned over, so what was the point if that had been on the site ?  

This is just typical of the complete twisting of quite a reasonable comment by people determined to defend the indefensible

It was ranting roy who said there would be 'new faces' and since then we heard bugger all from the club again

Did I say I wanted daily updates ??? Did I imply that ????     But you think its acceptable to say nowt ..........  and that we should just accept it ..............  frankly that's bollocks and its that type of attitude that is killing the sport ............  (David Howes analysis was spot on)

All the club had to do was given an update - even if it was to say that we were are persuing opportunities but have been unable to agree terms (or whatever maybe the truth) ..............  I personally do not think that is too much to ask ............   Im not demanding details ........ merely an update  

Anyway on a positive side ....... it was brilliant to see wethers score some points and look so determined ...........  and overall great effort by the rest of the lads  ................  for Berwick summers was superb as per at brough, howe and doolan tried.  however they were always going to struggle with jay having a night to forget and danny just deciding he couldn't ride the track (pathetic really ... at least jay and Nathan gave it go  - and look at Simon Lambert ... he wouldn't put Brough in his top 100 tracks but he tried his hardest) 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

This is just typical of the complete twisting of quite a reasonable comment by people determined to defend the indefensible

It was ranting roy who said there would be 'new faces' and since then we heard bugger all from the club again

Did I say I wanted daily updates ??? Did I imply that ????     But you think its acceptable to say nowt ..........  and that we should just accept it ..............  frankly that's bollocks and its that type of attitude that is killing the sport ............  (David Howes analysis was spot on)

All the club had to do was given an update - even if it was to say that we were are persuing opportunities but have been unable to agree terms (or whatever maybe the truth) ..............  I personally do not think that is too much to ask ............   Im not demanding details ........ merely an update  

Anyway on a positive side ....... it was brilliant to see wethers score some points and look so determined ...........  and overall great effort by the rest of the lads  ................  for Berwick summers was superb as per at brough, howe and doolan tried.  however they were always going to struggle with jay having a night to forget and danny just deciding he couldn't ride the track (pathetic really ... at least jay and Nathan gave it go  - and look at Simon Lambert ... he wouldn't put Brough in his top 100 tracks but he tried his hardest) 

For some reason Danny Gap was struggling at home on Saturday night, don't know if he has a bike problem

Danny rode at Brough 3 times in 2017 scoring 3pts in each meeting, so think it is fair to say not one of his favourite tracks

3 minutes ago, Normski said:

Danny rode at Brough 3 times in 2017 scoring 3pts in each meeting, so think it is fair to say not one of his favourite tracks

He rides some Motto Cross in Austria, so should be alright at Rough Park

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

He rides some Motto Cross in Austria, so should be alright at Rough Park

Newcastle have had some decent x-crossers in their ranks lately, the Worralls, Kerr etc. and they done ok, but then again, not bad speedway riders either ;)

15 hours ago, Shadders said:

Always notice how bumpy the BP track is, especially entering and leaving the bends. Is this done on purpose, or is it poor track prep? I thought Dany Gappmaier looked particularly poor tonight. Way off the pace

Yes I agree it was very bumpy going into the 1st and 3rd bends, and at times when Ludde was riding the kerb, he would be flung off. I think it was down to the sun and heat not allowing water to go into the base. I heard than Jonny was watering continuousley  late in the afternoon, but presumable the water just ended up as vapour and not into the base. Surprised that the Water bowser was lined up to come out about heat 9, but not used. Maybe it would have made it even more dangerous. As it happened the dirt on the outside was there to be ridden and Ludde didn't disappoint, did he. 

I thought it was a decent meeting with a lower crowd as expected, and an even more surprising result. Funny this year how the Diamonds have had some surprising results against some fancied teams. Like everyone else I hope a signing or two can be made soon so we can get a settled term  for the rest of the season. Riders have got to be available of course, some forget that,  but as the slogan on here said in December "in George we trust".  

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Like everyone else I hope a signing or two can be made soon so we can get a settled term  for the rest of the season. Riders have got to be available of course, some forget that,  but as the slogan on here said in December "in George we trust".  

Maybe we're waiting for the new gsa's coming out and, we might get to find we have more points to play with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Its probly a mix of both, done poorly on purpose to give people something to moan about ;)

If the track was that bad how comes the times were decent and I didn't hear any complaints from any rider's 

1 hour ago, Mentalmik said:

If the track was that bad how comes the times were decent and I didn't hear any complaints from any rider's 

Maybe the lads were in such a hurry to get off it and, didn't like to say owt.

I enjoyed the Meeting last night. I thought the 'Diamonds did very well indeed. I just wish we could get 'Robbo' back.

Another good Home Meeting from Lindgren. I also think Lambert did well for us.

• Like 1

it was a good meeting with passing and plenty of effort by all but 1

brough park is a technical track and its about attitude of mind 

any decent away rider will always score if he attacks the track 

those that arrive believing they cant ride the track .... don't ...... but perhaps they should watch how their teammates ride rather than just trundling around the track 

• Like 3

To be fair to Gappmaier, last time he was there he won heat 2 and was doing well in his next race when he crashed and had to withdraw from the meeting, I’m not making an excuse for him but something was obviously up with him yesterday.