British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolves Premiership A. 23/5/18

I think this is Poole's last meeting before the new averages come into force ? I expect a narrow home win. Unless Matt has had his calculator out and any changes he might have in mind would fit with room to spare.. Who knows, but as long as the rain stays away, it should be a good meeting for the fans.

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think this is Poole's last meeting before the new averages come into force ? I expect a narrow home win. Unless Matt has had his calculator out and any changes he might have in mind would fit with room to spare.. Who knows, but as long as the rain stays away, it should be a good meeting for the fans.

Correct. Its the 4th Home meeting of the 4H/4A qualification even including Worrall whose done 8 meetings for us - 7 in 2017 and 1 this year - but only 3H and 5A.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Correct. Its the 4th Home meeting of the 4H/4A qualification even including Worrall whose done 8 meetings for us - 7 in 2017 and 1 this year - but only 3H and 5A.

Does not the 4H & 4A now only relate to riders that did not have a 2017 average, as the BSPA are using the rolling averages for GSA's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DunRobin said:

Does not the 4H & 4A now only relate to riders that did not have a 2017 average, as the BSPA are using the rolling averages for GSA's.

Yes,pretty sure that's how it works now.That's why several riders have different averages now to what they had at the start of the season.

Hello,

can someone please advise if the roadworks that were taking place outside the stadium have now been completed?

Thanks,

Just now, SteveZodiac said:

Hello,

can someone please advise if the roadworks that were taking place outside the stadium have now been completed?

Thanks,

Yes they have. Its all clear now. But if you are coming its advisable to get here as early as you can, the car park fills up quickly.

59 minutes ago, poole keith said:

not with speedway fans it doesnt!!!

Correct those day's are long gone

Still a good idea to get there early - gates open 1830 hrs - as the schools footie competition continues from 1845 before the speedway starts.

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Yes they have. Its all clear now. But if you are coming its advisable to get here as early as you can, the car park fills up quickly.

Thanks for the information- I’ve been many times so know how busy the car park gets but had heard about the delays earlier in the year with the roadworks. 

Hoping to come down early and enjoy the sunshine 

41 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Still a good idea to get there early - gates open 1830 hrs - as the schools footie competition continues from 1845 before the speedway starts.

Boring football at a Speedway match!! It was crap the last time they did this, can’t imagine it’s any better now. Glad I don’t go anymore!!

50 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It's was good game last Wednesday looking forward tomorrow's game 

• Like 2

46 44 to Poole. Don't know why but I've got a funny feeling we will see a few engine failures and tape exclusions tomo.

35 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

46 44 to Poole. Don't know why but I've got a funny feeling we will see a few engine failures and tape exclusions tomo.

How do you work that out what both teams i presume ?

1 minute ago, ray c said:

How do you work that out what both teams i presume ?

Not just Poole. I was there at the Abbey when they had 9 EF's in a meeting. So so unlucky.