British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolves Premiership A. 23/5/18

14 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

46 44 to Poole. Don't know why but I've got a funny feeling we will see a few engine failures and tape exclusions tomo.

Not just me then who was thinking same??

See my post just now on Poole 2018 ;)

Hopefully we will have enough to secure the 3 points though. Will be ok with even the smallest margin win :)

Expecting a deliberate away win tonight. Gotta keep those averages low. #cheats.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Not just Poole. I was there at the Abbey when they had 9 EF's in a meeting. So so unlucky.

Low & behold they changed their team the following day.....Clearly a coincidence :rolleyes:

• Like 1

A lot of people on here worried about the changes we may make. We don't even know if or when CH is available let alone who may come in to the team.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

A lot of people on here worried about the changes we may make. We don't even know if or when CH is available let alone who may come in to the team.

There does seem to be some worried sounding posts, especially from Swindon fans. Who has been spotted in town today? Emil? Magic? Lol!

The weather is set fair. Hopefully no late afternoon storms bubbling up.

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There does seem to be some worried sounding posts, especially from Swindon fans. Who has been spotted in town today? Emil? Magic? Lol!

Forcast is fine Steve, Gyln will be putting plenty of water  down, but, with an I on the weather...:angry:

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I'm not worried at all, my question is who actually is available & would ride over here, hardly any riders IMO. I reckon you'll end up with Klindt & Smoli if any changes are made. The riders mentioned have no interest in riding over here.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nope, the only riders spotted in town today are your regular seven, sat in the stocks with rotten tomatoes thrown at them.  Probably the worst team ever selected. :)

43 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would actually laugh if the changes are made and it makes you loads stronger. Just can't wait to see Gav post about it!! I agree with Mr Hyabb though. I don't think the British League can attract anyone decent who isn't riding here already and if someone was tempted before then I'm sure the Vac incident at Swindon would have put paid to that.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Nope, the only riders spotted in town today are your regular seven, sat in the stocks with rotten tomatoes thrown at them.  Probably the worst team ever selected. :)

How would you know, do you live in the Poole are?

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

How would you know, do you live in the Poole are?

He delivered the rotten tomatoes  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Glad to see Wolves getting this in before Holder returns and they sign a big hitter to come in as the one I heard had been approached and wants to ride here will certainly make them much stronger. As it is Sundstrom is off form and the Poles have yet to get really going.

Thorssell has been riding every day so hopefully he can be awake here and Masters carries on his recent scores here and abroad while Rory forgets about Leicester and handles the number five position well. Howarth and Heaps are the main riders as Wolves need these two to hit at least ten between them as reserves likely to struggle.

Heart says 48-42 but head says 52-38

22 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Glad to see Wolves getting this in before Holder returns and they sign a big hitter to come in as the one I heard had been approached and wants to ride here will certainly make them much stronger. As it is Sundstrom is off form and the Poles have yet to get really going.

Thorssell has been riding every day so hopefully he can be awake here and Masters carries on his recent scores here and abroad while Rory forgets about Leicester and handles the number five position well. Howarth and Heaps are the main riders as Wolves need these two to hit at least ten between them as reserves likely to struggle.

Heart says 48-42 but head says 52-38

I think we will have too much for Wolves, hopefully we will see an improvement in the team tonight. Thorsell, Masters and Schlein have all had good meetings at Poole in the past and we have some riders off form but Heeps and reserves shouldn't trouble the scorers much and Howarth hasn't been at his best lately.