British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolves Premiership A. 23/5/18

decent meeting tonight racing got better  as the meeting went on . got a little dusty i think we are short of a no1 like ss said lets hope matt can find one

Edited by ray c

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

decent meeting tonight racing got better  as the meeting went on . goy a little dusty i think we are short of a no1 like ss said lets hope matt can find one

Probably the best meeting of the season. If there was some "average fixing" going on, the riders disguised it very well.

• Like 1

thought that was a disgrace tonight when Stefan crashed, only Neil and our loan rider Ritchie came to comfort him, no sign of the skipper

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

shame Poole couldn't tease KK away from Rye House, he always ups his game when riding for Poole

apparently

If the crowds don’t improve at Rye then KK won’t be the only one on the move.

9 hours ago, ray c said:

We should expose wolves as not the best of side's tonight there away form is as bad as ours ?

How was it?? Out of our 4 away league matches we have only failed to pick up a point once.  That's 4 points scored from 4 away matches. Averaging a point each away match.

That's probably the reason why we are top of the league and Poole are bottom.  Very odd comment to make all the same.:blink:

• Like 2

Think Poole were expecting too much from the returning Poles. I hadn't ecpected Woryna to be scoring so few points. Guess his good equipment is on the continent, using 2016 lawnmower when in Pirates blue.

a draw.....no one saw that coming.....more to the point can anyone see whos going......next

7 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

thought that was a disgrace tonight when Stefan crashed, only Neil and our loan rider Ritchie came to comfort him, no sign of the skipper

You are only allowed to let team manager and captain out as the medical team do not want riders hanging around and interfering. 

Mind doesn't happen very often.

7 hours ago, stevebrum said:

How was it?? Out of our 4 away league matches we have only failed to pick up a point once.  That's 4 points scored from 4 away matches. Averaging a point each away match.

That's probably the reason why we are top of the league and Poole are bottom.  Very odd comment to make all the same.:blink:

maybe it was but i thought we would beat you tonight . but im afraid this poole  side its not going anywhere unless we make changes . need a no1 to start with

Edited by ray c

7 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

to be fair to josh he was in the race as well but i know what your saying

Of the three matches that were raced last night ,    It was Wolves who in my opinion did best.  I thought they would run Poole close and probably go home happy with a point..  To go there and  draw the meeting is an admirable achievement .  Not only winning 2 away points but also depriving Poole  points they desperately need.  I know its still 'early doors'  but away points will prove invaluable when them PO positions are countered.       This was enough to put Wolves back on top of the pile......      Impressive....

So Poole fans moaning they need a real number one!

When I’ve said that Kurtz isn’t a number one get told I’m anti Poole. Might be nice for people to say I was right but that will never happen and this season more than ever I think the whole Morris v Kurtz thing is pretty much answered!

Poole must be looking at the form of the 2 Poles. Woryna was lauded as the next big Pole but has been poor. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

When I’ve said that Kurtz isn’t a number one get told I’m anti Poole. Might be nice for people to say I was right but that will never happen and this season more than ever I think the whole Morris v Kurtz thing is pretty much answered!

Poole must be looking at the form of the 2 Poles. Woryna was lauded as the next big Pole but has been poor. 

Only one or two .we would have if the over eight was not introduced ?

It was a great result for Wolves  Pete Adams made a great point before the meeting saying that away points are oh so vital because you will have one blip at home in the season and you need those points to fall back on.Poole showed grit to get a draw but there are problems there team wise that need to be addressed we shall see what happens between now and Monday.But the massive difference now is even if you wanted or could bring in a big hitter  ( ie a Emil,Nicki, Patryk ( ect) it is totally  out of the question it is not financially viable anymore .And lets be honest if Poole cannot afford  it nobody can British speedway has to change now and fasten it's belt as there is a tough road ahead for every club.Monday's meeting at Wolves is a massive one  now  if they come away with nothing the pressure is really on with Somerset, King's Lynn,in the mix it could be a tough road ahead i personally wont be writing the Pirates off just yet.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Gavan have you ever thought of leaving our thread alone mate. We do not need you lot telling us what we should our shouldnt do. Now please. GIIVE IT A REST.

• Like 1