British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolves Premiership A. 23/5/18

10 hours ago, ray c said:

decent meeting tonight racing got better  as the meeting went on . got a little dusty i think we are short of a no1 like ss said lets hope matt can find one

Little dusty,,, , where was you sat in the back of the grandstand or stood in the glasshouse ?

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

So Poole fans moaning they need a real number one!

When I’ve said that Kurtz isn’t a number one get told I’m anti Poole. Might be nice for people to say I was right but that will never happen and this season more than ever I think the whole Morris v Kurtz thing is pretty much answered!

Poole must be looking at the form of the 2 Poles. Woryna was lauded as the next big Pole but has been poor. 

In all honesty, neither have done much to boast about this season. Been up and down to say the least. Morris owned Kurtz at Poole and vice versa at Swindon.

i still refuse to believe their is no average fiddling going on at Poole. 

9 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Little dusty,,, , where was you sat in the back of the grandstand or stood in the glasshouse ?

Perhaps it got a lot dusty then :)

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

In all honesty, neither have done much to boast about this season. Been up and down to say the least. Morris owned Kurtz at Poole and vice versa at Swindon.

i still refuse to believe their is no average fiddling going on at Poole. 

Who are we bringing in on average fiddling then ?

1 minute ago, ray c said:

Perhaps it got a lot dusty then :)

Thats more like it. Mate , im not going into details, but i know what the problem is and Glyn knows. but everybody needs to work together.

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

Who are we bringing in on average fiddling then ?

Ignore him mate, he's a wind up merchant who hides behind an alias. I have him blocked like quite a few on here.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Ignore him mate, he's a wind up merchant who hides behind an alias. I have him blocked like quite a few on here.

Hide behind an alias? Lol! People have known who I am for well over ten years and know my full name!

You would want to hope Poole are on the fiddle as, if not, the promotion and management have clearly lost their touch sitting at the bottom of the table with that line up! 

Also lets have some names on who has me on block then?! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Gavan have you ever thought of leaving our thread alone mate. We do not need you lot telling us what we should our shouldnt do. Now please. GIIVE IT A REST.

Starman, this forum is all about opinions and Gavan is quite entitled to his. He is quite right, we do need a number 1. Unfortunately, our Nos `1,3,5 have no chance of a 5 race maximum, in their present form, unlike, for instance, Wolves who have Thorssell, Schlein and Masters who are capable of going through the card, especially at home. Forums are open for debate from all fans of Speedway. I am sure that there are members that would like you to "GIIVE IT A REST"

PS. Is there any news on Stefan. His Mum was stood next to us last and was understandably distraught. Really hope he is OK

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Southampton Pirate said:

Starman, this forum is all about opinions and Gavan is quite entitled to his. He is quite right, we do need a number 1. Unfortunately, our Nos `1,3,5 have no chance of a 5 race maximum, in their present form, unlike, for instance, Wolves who have Thorssell, Schlein and Masters who are capable of going through the card, especially at home. Forums are open for debate from all fans of Speedway. I am sure that there are members that would like you to "GIIVE IT A REST"

PS. Is there any news on Stefan. His Mum was stood next to us last and was understandably distraught. Really hope he is OK

They are but Brady did his job appart from heat 13, Linus did his job, Woryna is a young lad who is clearly trying to work poole out, josh needs to start being a captain but we are not getting the rub of the green. A while ago,the anti poole brigade/ Poole fans were slagging linus off to the hills i said give the bloke a chance, now he's coming good, i   and yes, this forum is for debate, but his posts are getting a little teadious. dont you think. We all know what we need but we dont want it being rubbed in our faces. The Chris problem is on going, but non of the top boys want to ride here due to there scheduals abroad. i hardly post on here now because you have to many idiots and wind up merchants who hide behind alias's.  who just like to wind the poole fans up because they are totally jealous of the club and its past success's.
No, you cannot win the league every year, but things are just not happening. At the moment. We would, and should have won last night, but i also said it will be closer than people think
No i have no news on Stefan, when the st johns guys started giving the lad Entonox thats usually is a sign  of a break, but  from what i gather he stood up on his own steam. But his fall was just bad luck. I to hope he's ok. it was a nasty looking fall.

Edited by Starman2006

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

They are but Brady did his job appart from heat 13, Linus did his job, Woryna is a young lad who is clearly trying to work poole out, josh needs to start being a captain but we are not getting the rub of the green. A while ago,the anti poole brigade/ Poole fans were slagging linus off to the hills i said give the bloke a chance, now he's coming good, i   and yes, this forum is for debate, but his posts are getting a little teadious. dont you think. We all know what we need but we dont want it being rubbed in our faces. The Chris problem is on going, but non of the top boys want to ride here due to there scheduals abroad. i hardly post on here now because you have to many idiots and wind up merchants who hide behind alias's.  who just like to wind the poole fans up because they are totally jealous of the club and its past success's.
No, you cannot win the league every year, but things are just not happening. At the moment. We would, and should have won last night, but i also said it will be closer than people think
No i have no news on Stefan, when the st johns guys started giving the lad Entonox thats usually is a sign  of a break, but  from what i gather he stood up on his own steam. But his fall was just bad luck. I to hope he's ok. it was a nasty looking fall.

You hardly post on here!? Hahahaha. 

Whos hiding behind an alias??? 

The reason, IMO, for top riders not wanting to ride here is mainly money but also inconsistent track conditions. 

At present we do do not have any heat leaders who can perform consistently

I am sure Matt has changes in mind but availability is a major headache but we can still make the play offs but winning title may be beyond us.

According to a Scunthorpe thread, unfortunately Stefan has broken tib and fib. Such bad luck he's such a great guy.

Edited by Badge
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Sorry I don’t think that your number one not winning a race until heat 15 when admittedly he got the draw is doing his job.

Add in the odd half decent performance from Linus and Josh and the Poles obviously not on there best equipment and it’s not good.

Maybe there is a problem with the promotion getting it badly wrong 2 years running, or the management 

Well after last night am a bit confused if Matt is planning a redeclaration. Although comments he made re top stars being too expensive may possibly scupper an 8 pointer coming ??

I  really thought they may try to get Woryna in at  reserve but as I see it his 4 from 3 rides plus Spaniaks 5 from 4 means by my calc that Woryna has a new GSA of 4.94 and Spaniak has 4.91. That blows my theory out of the water IF my calc is correct. Of course IF Nielsen is injured they could have both poles at reserve maybe ??. Perhaps also Matts thinking anyway if he is not aiming at a big hitting number one ??

I calculate Sundstrom now 6 - Kurtz around 7.61 - If Holder is coming back 7.16.

Makes me wonder what he is planning now. Something has to happen though as no chance imo this current set of riders will make play offs let alone win the league.

Imo Woryna, Spanner and Linus the sinus has to go if they are to make a serious charge and of course a true number 1 Brady is not one.