British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolves Premiership A. 23/5/18

Skidder any reason why Holders situation has not been made public knowledge yet? If this was Joe bloggs off the street then it wouldn’t be such a secret?

you can basically forget Holder riding in the UK this season. And maybe next. And I think deep down Ford knew this pre season so why on earth he was signed is anybodys guess!!! 

Sundstrom has certainly improved these last few meetings so will probably stay now, however changes must be made. If a number one came in and nudged Kurtz to 3/5, then Poole could still be in with a shout but those changes have to be made rather quickly.

24 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

I see the video has now been taken down. I hope some sort of apology to Stefan and his family will come in due course but with the monkeys that run the operation I doubt it.

Why? Whilst nobody wants to see anybody get injured, it happened so it's not like anybody should pretend it didn't. It's probably one of the biggest talking points of the meeting so of course it should be focused on whether he's injured or not! :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Well after last night am a bit confused if Matt is planning a redeclaration. Although comments he made re top stars being too expensive may possibly scupper an 8 pointer coming ??

I  really thought they may try to get Woryna in at  reserve but as I see it his 4 from 3 rides plus Spaniaks 5 from 4 means by my calc that Woryna has a new GSA of 4.94 and Spaniak has 4.91. That blows my theory out of the water IF my calc is correct. Of course IF Nielsen is injured they could have both poles at reserve maybe ??. Perhaps also Matts thinking anyway if he is not aiming at a big hitting number one ??

I calculate Sundstrom now 6 - Kurtz around 7.61 - If Holder is coming back 7.16.

Makes me wonder what he is planning now. Something has to happen though as no chance imo this current set of riders will make play offs let alone win the league.

Now we have more clarity on Sefans injury, that could now be the case that both poles will slip to reserve. That is a real shame for Stefan, and totally bad luck, nothing less than that.
As i said, we are still waiting on Chris that appears to be ongoing., but riders of that sort of Class are thin on the grd. Maybe Andreas Jonsson or  somebody simular if the averages fit, and i havnt looked could do a job ?. The problem is riders nowadays will not commit to these shores they dont need to, very few are now doing that and its getting less.
People did crab Linus, but good riders do not become bad riders overnight as you will know and eventhough he's on a engine of Bradys he's now starting to show it pehaps he'l ask Brady for a long term loan..:D It also appears he's had words with his tuner.. But as i eluded in my earlier post, it all  has to be a collectinve, team effort. I would suspect there will be changes who for what is another matter. Matt has a lot on his plate, he built a side that looked like it had endless potential, and still might, but i suspect. there will be changes, sooner rather than later.
Gavan appears to have his heart in the right place, i swear he's a closit Poole fan as he's put nothing on the Ippo Bandits thread, but there are times he goes over the top a bit. Chill..
Of some of the others on here i will not reply to,  and some i have blocked. Its not worth the hastle or finger typing. I would call them Young Rascals, more than Roaring Lions...;) or something like that..

Edited by Starman2006

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That's good Auty is going really well at the moment.

There we go, Matts on it. He's always been discribed as a walking speedway encyclopedia. Thats his job..

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

There we go, Matts on it. He's always been discribed as a walking speedway encyclopedia. Thats his job..

It isn't a secret! And we have a tie up with Scunthorpe I believe and he is an asset.

36 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

What a genius discovering the unheard of Josh Auty. Matt we bow down to you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

It just says he is riding for us next week so is he just guesting then? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Correct Lisa.

Assuming there are enough points to play with up to 42.50, I can see the poles taking the 2 reserve spots and someone  (an asset) like Klindt, Gomolski or THJ coming back in!?

Edited by Skidder1

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

Skidder any reason why Holders situation has not been made public knowledge yet? If this was Joe bloggs off the street then it wouldn’t be such a secret?

you can basically forget Holder riding in the UK this season. And maybe next. And I think deep down Ford knew this pre season so why on earth he was signed is anybodys guess!!! 

Sundstrom has certainly improved these last few meetings so will probably stay now, however changes must be made. If a number one came in and nudged Kurtz to 3/5, then Poole could still be in with a shout but those changes have to be made rather quickly.

He has to have a job otherwise he couldn't get a UK visa/work permit!!!  The rest of his issues are highly personal and still somewhat complex and its only down to Chris to decide when or if he goes public. Of course the longer it goes on the more the 'chinese whispers' accumulate!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

He can't guest for Nielsen,as far a i can see Auty has an average of a point more than Nielsen.He would have to be declared in the side to take up some of the points you have to spare.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Correct Lisa.

Assuming there are enough points to play with up to 42.50, I can see the poles taking the 2 reserve spots and someone  (an asset) like Klindt, Gomolski or THJ coming back in!?

He can't guest he will have to be part of a re-shuffle.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

He has to have a job otherwise he couldn't get a UK visa/work permit!!!  The rest of his issues are highly personal and still somewhat complex and its only down to Chris to decide when or if he goes public. Of course the longer it goes on the more the 'chinese whispers' accumulate!!

Lol. 

Be intetesting to see fans reactions when it does finally all come out...

49 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He can't guest he will have to be part of a re-shuffle.

I think he might be able to guest, as we are below 42.5. Declare him into the team for a couple of meetings, then when the changes are made he is out.

• Like 1