British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolves Premiership A. 23/5/18

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think he might be able to guest, as we are below 42.5. Declare him into the team for a couple of meetings, then when the changes are made he is out.

Lovely ;)

Doesn't matter if Auty can guest or not because the majority of our riders can't ride Monmore Green for toffee anyway.

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think he might be able to guest, as we are below 42.5. Declare him into the team for a couple of meetings, then when the changes are made he is out.

That is what i meant he can't guest in the current declared team, the team would need to be re-declared with him in it as we have points to play with but i have a feeling there will be more changes very soon, hopefully CH can sort his visa.

Not holding any hope now that Holder will be riding in the UK this season, and that includes the Cardiff GP.

• Like 2

What's he been up to then?

48 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

What's he been up to then?

Were not allowed to discuss it apparantly !!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes you can declare him in the side,but he can't guest for Nielsen.A guest has to have the same average or below that of the rider he is replacing.Although you get an extra 5% on top of the average when riding at home.

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not holding any hope now that Holder will be riding in the UK this season, and that includes the Cardiff GP.

Presume his passport/visa issues are also why he isn't in the SON team?

He has a passport - presumably an Aussie one - but to get a UK visa or UK work permit he has to have a job as his employer would need to support/sponsor the application, which Poole did, but bear in mind the application process could not be started until his BSPA/ACU ban had ended, then he's just another in the long queue with no more clout than any other eg Roman Abrahmavich?!  I doubt whether Motorcycling Australia (MA) would have been on the case despite any best efforts by Mark Lemon!!

His other personal issues, some of which have legal ramifications (probably why there has been no official public comment), are progressing as far as I understand but have also been a serious distraction and possibly even affecting the visa process?!

As for the Cardiff GP, a  specific visa may have been 'sponsored' and obtained by BSI. (Not sure about the latter but it has been mentioned as such?!)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

He has a passport - presumably an Aussie one - but to get a UK visa or UK work permit he has to have a job as his employer would need to support/sponsor the application, which Poole did, but bear in mind the application process could not be started until his BSPA/ACU ban had ended, then he's just another in the long queue with no more clout than any other eg Roman Abrahmavich?!  I doubt whether Motorcycling Australia (MA) would have been on the case despite any best efforts by Mark Lemon!!

His other personal issues, some of which have legal ramifications (probably why there has been no official public comment), are progressing as far as I understand but have also been a serious distraction and possibly even affecting the visa process?!

As for the Cardiff GP, a  specific visa may have been 'sponsored' and obtained by BSI. (Not sure about the latter but it has been mentioned as such?!)

I don't know much about Holder. But he has never had this problem in the 8 or so years he has graced our league. I've not looked into it at all, but somethings wrong. If he can't ride for Poole, he can't ride the GP imho...Still not convinced Ford don't have something to do with his " delay", but i'm happy to be proved wrong.

Speedway-wise he's never had a ban before! Personally, he's never had to deal with anything like the same issues in those same 8 years.

Matt Ford - and others at Poole - has been fully behind helping and supporting him in every practical way possible with his visa/work permit issues and  advising as best they can on his other complex personal issues in the UK.

Sadly you don’t have to be a lawyer to realise that Chris isn’t being able to see his son for something he has done/said or been accused of doing  & if in the hands of the CPS then he might not be allowed into Britain?.

Hope he gets it sorted as a Dad because speedway isn’t worth much compared to his son.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 3