British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolves Premiership A. 23/5/18

So Poole stay bottom after not gathering all 3 points as Somerset won. Some funny race results tonight (no EF mind :D)

Great point for the Pirates. A never say die attitude which could be crucial in that fight for the wooden spoon.

Thanks a lot Grajczonek. Sunk to a new low after getting beat by Nathan Greaves.

No point in making changes. Too late now.

48 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

And I still speak more sense then the majority of you. 

Anyway ill let you get back to the ironing board ok.

Finished all the ironing yesterday thanks B)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Thanks a lot Grajczonek. Sunk to a new low after getting beat by Nathan Greaves.

No point in making changes. Too late now.

Josh scored better than he has lately.. 7 from 4 is ok.

Spanner did his 5 point ave, as did Woryna 4 from 3. Worrall 6 from 4 is ok i guess.

Linus did a lot better, Kurtz kept his average to under 8 ( if that matters, I don't know).

Hope Stefan is ok

Edited by Bald Bloke

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Josh scored better than he has lately.. 7 from 4 is ok.

Spanner did his 5 point ave, as did Woryna 4 from 3. Worrall 6 from 4 is ok.

Linus did a lot better, Kurtz kept his average to under 8 ( if that matters, I don't know).

Hope Stefan is ok

Always amazes me how Speedway fans fail to grasp averages. If you are to win a meeting, riders have to exceed their averages and not just match them!

• Like 2

Nasty tumble for Neilsen who in the crucial heat 12 had battled through to third to give Poole a 4-2 when he lifted coming out of the 4th bend and came off the back. Not sure how his ankle got injured. Did it get clipped by Heeps?

Typically in the rerun Greaves got a superb gate and couldn’t be caught. Partly cost Poole the win but you can look back at Brady allowing himself to be pipped on the line by Schlein as other points thrown away.

The track tonight was the slickest I have seen it in quite a few years. The riders are said to have requested it but there was a blue groove on the 4th bend, something not seen for at least 5-6 seasons. If riders want it that slick they need to be able to get out of the starts and in the first 7 heats Wolves won 6 of them. Same as last week against Rye. We just don’t have a number one at the moment to lead the way. Brady would make good backup to Holder but it’s time to look elsewhere.

In the first half of the meeting we were pathertic. Last out of the starts time and again. But from heat 8 the team woke up and we saw some fighting spirit.

Lets now hope there are changes to be had. Matt said in tonight program to bring in Magic or similar would cost three times the gate money every week.  

10 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Always amazes me how Speedway fans fail to grasp averages. If you are to win a meeting, riders have to exceed their averages and not just match them!

I know that. Linus exceeded his tonight. It only needed 1 more and Poole could of won. All riders ain't going up  their average every meeting, or over a season even. .You will get 1,2 or 3 per meeting that might. Overall you might get 3 maybe 4 riders up it over a season I guess, And it usually ain't by much.

MFF singled out Josh with 7 from 4. I thought that was an ok return..

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nasty tumble for Neilsen who in the crucial heat 12 had battled through to third to give Poole a 4-2 when he lifted coming out of the 4th bend and came off the back. Not sure how his ankle got injured. Did it get clipped by Heeps?

Typically in the rerun Greaves got a superb gate and couldn’t be caught. Partly cost Poole the win but you can look back at Brady allowing himself to be pipped on the line by Schlein as other points thrown away.

The track tonight was the slickest I have seen it in quite a few years. The riders are said to have requested it but there was a blue groove on the 4th bend, something not seen for at least 5-6 seasons. If riders want it that slick they need to be able to get out of the starts and in the first 7 heats Wolves won 6 of them. Same as last week against Rye. We just don’t have a number one at the moment to lead the way. Brady would make good backup to Holder but it’s time to look elsewhere.

In the first half of the meeting we were pathertic. Last out of the starts time and again. But from heat 8 the team woke up and we saw some fighting spirit.

Lets now hope there are changes to be had. Matt said in tonight program to bring in Magic or similar would cost three times the gate money every week.  

The last comment sums it up for me, no club in Britain have the money to pay what the top riders want unfortunately. The risk far outweighs the reward IMO. Even if the money was in place the Poles will want some massive assurances that if their rider was injured the British club picks up their polish wage. It just isn’t guna happen. 

I think the Poole team was built on so many “ifs” which haven’t really clicked yet. I’m not fishing for a bite this is just how I see it. 

Edited by hyabb17

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I know that. Linus exceeded his tonight. It only needed 1 more and Poole could of won. All riders ain't going up  their average every meeting, or over a season even. .You will get 1,2 or 3 per meeting that might. Overall you might get 3 maybe 4 riders up it over a season I guess, And it usually ain't by much.

MFF singled out Josh with 7 from 4. I thought that was an ok return..

Isn't Sundstrom a 7.5 rider give or take? So he didn't exceed his average. Grajczonek scoring 7 isn't exceeding his average. More often than not, the team which wins the league I'd bet at least 5 of the team up their averages over the course of a season. 

shame Poole couldn't tease KK away from Rye House, he always ups his game when riding for Poole

apparently

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Isn't Sundstrom a 7.5 rider give or take? So he didn't exceed his average. Grajczonek scoring 7 isn't exceeding his average. More often than not, the team which wins the league I'd bet at least 5 of the team up their averages over the course of a season. 

Linus exceeded his staring  ave  tonight'  was 7.22. His average tonight was 8.00. Not much, but he did ;). Spanner and Woryna have both upper their starting average a little overall this season. I know Josh didn't exceed his starting ave tonight, 7.34 and tonights ave was 7.0, but it was a good improvement on his poor average so far for this season.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Linus exceeded his staring  ave  tonight was 7.22. His average tonight was 8.00. Not much, but he did. Spanner and Woryna have both upper their starting average a little. I know Josh didn't exceed his starting ave tonight, 7.34 and tonights ave was 7.0, but it was a good improvement on his poor average this season.

Apologies, I thought Sundstrom scored 9 points and not 10.

• Like 1