British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

British Final 11th June 2018 at Belle Vue

Wanting to attend this . Can anyone tell me which hotels are near the track and are tickets for this on sale yet ? 

The Diamond Lodge hotel is within less than 5 minutes walk. Nothing special but Travel Lodge type accommodation, fine for a night or two http://www.diamondlodge.co.uk

Tickets are on sale, details here http://www.speedwaygb.co/britishfinal or here http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=BVA_&organ_val=47609&schedule=list

Perhaps I should add that this is not the most salubrious area of Manchester but I would feel ok if I was staying there for one night after going to the final. The are many hotels close to and in the city centre, which is less than 3 miles away.

Edited by Aces51

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

The Diamond Lodge hotel is within less than 5 minutes walk. Nothing special but Travel Lodge type accommodation, fine for a night or two http://www.diamondlodge.co.uk

Tickets are on sale, details here http://www.speedwaygb.co/britishfinal or here http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=BVA_&organ_val=47609&schedule=list

Perhaps I should add that this is not the most salubrious area of Manchester but I would feel ok if I was staying there for one night after going to the final. The are many hotels close to and in the city centre, which is less than 3 miles away.

Cheers , i'll check that out . Salubrious areas isn't an issue , i walked through Middlesbrough on Thursday . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Paulco said:

Wanting to attend this . Can anyone tell me which hotels are near the track and are tickets for this on sale yet ? 

Travelodge  have a hotel nearby (Sports City ).  I've stayed there a few times on my visits to the old Belle Vue track   Railway station is close too 

Travelodge about 1 mile away from stadium on  main road A57 don't know location name sorry

What time does the meeting start? BSPA website, big advert 7pm, Belle Vue on line tickets 7.30pm. Again the question of speedways ability to organise a piss up in a brewery raises it's head !! 

Belle Vue Speedway is delighted to announce a new partnership with hotel chain Jurys Inn.

The Manchester City Centre hotel is offering speedway supporters travelling for the British Final on June 11 the chance to book a night's B&B using a 20% discounted code.

Situated near the Bridgewater Hall, with easy access to train and bus routes, their Manchester hotel is located just 3 miles from the National Speedway Stadium in the heart of the city centre.

Belle Vue CEO Adrian Smith said: “We’re delighted to bring Jurys Inn on board with us for the British Final. This is a huge event for which we anticipate a big crowd, many of whom will be travelling.

“This new partnership demonstrates that businesses in Manchester are interested in engaging with Belle Vue and the stadium, especially when we are staging big events like the British Championship."

To book your stay for the British Final, head over to www.jurysinn.com, using discount code SPEEDWAY when you pay. Code applies to reservations for Monday 11 June only.

Anybody else annoyed a rider who riders under another nationality is allowed to ride in the British final, might as well make it a bog standard open event if there is going to be other nationalities in it. I think British riders have in the past competed in the Australian championship but I don't think anybody would have a problem in putting a stop to that. The form Rory is in there is very real chance he will get the wildcard at Cardiff, I really thought the BSPA would have changed the rules after last year.

• Like 1

Did people used to say the same about Briggs and others. Wasn't it 6 times Briggs won it.

Edited by Baldyman

No problem with an open British Championship BUT I do have a problem if the winner was a non-Brit then that one gets the GP spot at Cardiff.  Cardiff is the British GP and the no 16 spot MUST be taken by a Brit.  If a non Brit wins the British GP then it must be the highest scoring Brit that gets the No 16 Cardiff spot.  Anything less would be a farce.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Did people used to say the same about Briggs and others. Wasn't it 6 times Briggs won it.

In those days the British Final was one of the World Championship Qualifiers so Aussies and Kiwis had to ride in it to get to the next round.  It was a World away from the meaningless Mickey Mouse thing it has now become.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 6:49 PM, E I Addio said:

In those days the British Final was one of the World Championship Qualifiers so Aussies and Kiwis had to ride in it to get to the next round.  It was a World away from the meaningless Mickey Mouse thing it has now become.

how can being champion of your own country and a GP place be mickey mouse

• Like 1

i'm sure the 4 riders that make the final will all be thinking of minnie's mate.

Edited by gee jay

I've tried phoning Belle Vue ticket office with no success (piss up in brewery comes to mind) so wondered if anyone can tell me if I purchase tickets online via my mobile for the British Final can I show them for entry on my mobile phone or do they have to be printed out.  Also is there seating in the South Stand or is it just standing.  Any advice greatly appreciated.