British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

British Final 11th June 2018 at Belle Vue

I pretty sure seating only in the Grandstand. You could always take a folding seat and rest your legs during the break between races.

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2018 at 3:48 PM, hammer1969 said:

I've tried phoning Belle Vue ticket office with no success (piss up in brewery comes to mind) so wondered if anyone can tell me if I purchase tickets online via my mobile for the British Final can I show them for entry on my mobile phone or do they have to be printed out.  Also is there seating in the South Stand or is it just standing.  Any advice greatly appreciated.

I assume that you are trying to contact them during the hours shown on the website; Mon, Tues & Thurs 10am - 4pm. Tel. 0161 711 0828 Option 2. I have only once needed to contact them on that number and had no difficulty but that was last year and I have no idea if it is usual to have problems.

I can confirm that OveFundinFan is correct and that there is no seating in the South Stand only in the Grandstand. So far as I know, but others may know better, there is no facility to use your mobile phone. The ticket can either be printed out or you can arrange to collect it on the day from a manned, is that still acceptable or do we now have to say personned, desk by the ticket office. 

Edited by Aces51
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2018 at 10:42 AM, silverrocket said:

Can some nice person download a racecard for this please.

PM me your email address and I will send you one (as I'll be making one for myself to use while watching it on TV)

14 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I assume that you are trying to contact them during the hours shown on the website; Mon, Tues & Thurs 10am - 4pm. Tel. 0161 711 0828 Option 2. I have only once needed to contact them on that number and had no difficulty but that was last year and I have no idea if it is usual to have problems.

I can confirm that OveFundinFan is correct and that there is no seating in the South Stand only in the Grandstand. So far as I know, but others may know better, there is no facility to use your mobile phone. The ticket can either be printed out or you can arrange to collect it on the day from a manned, is that still acceptable or do we now have to say personned, desk by the ticket office. 

Thank you I did manage to speak to ticket office this morning so thats sorted.  I asked at the same time if I could take a fold  up chair into the South Stand but they weren't sure so if anyone can advise me further it will be appreciated.

On 6/7/2018 at 12:36 PM, hammer1969 said:

Thank you I did manage to speak to ticket office this morning so thats sorted.  I asked at the same time if I could take a fold  up chair into the South Stand but they weren't sure so if anyone can advise me further it will be appreciated.

Loads do. So your fine to do so

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2018 at 8:33 PM, Aces51 said:

is that still acceptable or do we now have to say personned, desk by the ticket office. 

"from a staffed desk" is the preferred PC option ( or even "from the desk by the ticket office" is OK -as it leaves the option for the staff to be of any or no gender )

• Haha 1

Stevie Worrall makes his return to the British final. Great news

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

BSPA says that Worrall and Morris step in for injuries to Barker Nielsen and Kennett... who else in?

Nielsen didn't qualify but was next in line from the Sheffield semi-final. Morris replaced Barker from the Leicester semi so I assume Nielsen would have replaced Kennett if fit

A president as been set now. 

Lambert never Got in last year and woffy isn't allowed to just do final. 

So a guy who never even rode in the qualification process gets a place in the Final, and if he finishes five places behind the leading rider he can still be the British Champion?

A country finishing third tonight (after two days of competition) could win a World Title by not actually beating either of the two teams above it?

And any team finishing fourth in the Premiership over here, after a full seasons racing, can be Champions...?

Wonder if anyone ever thought of actually running the sport 'properly'?:D:rolleyes:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

So a guy who never even rode in the qualification process gets a place in the Final, and if he finishes five places behind the leading rider he can still be the British Champion?

A country finishing third tonight (after two days of competition) could win a World Title by not actually beating either of the two teams above it?

And any team finishing fourth in the Premiership over here, after a full seasons racing, can be Champions...?

Wonder if anyone ever thought of actually running the sport 'properly'?:D:rolleyes:

Not since about 1980, NO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1