British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

British Final 11th June 2018 at Belle Vue

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

So a guy who never even rode in the qualification process gets a place in the Final, and if he finishes five places behind the leading rider he can still be the British Champion?

A country finishing third tonight (after two days of competition) could win a World Title by not actually beating either of the two teams above it?

And any team finishing fourth in the Premiership over here, after a full seasons racing, can be Champions...?

Wonder if anyone ever thought of actually running the sport 'properly'?:D:rolleyes:

Tbh mate, there are probably as many sports using play off type events to decide champions as there is anything else these days. I am not in total agreement with it on a fairness standpoint, but it does ensure the championship goes out with a big finish, rather then pittering out with the result certain early on.

I cant  wait until Monday i get back from holiday just in time ,a great track a real  even looking  line up and a added bonus  to see Steve Worrall back.My heart says Lambert but i have a feeling he won't win it for me Lambert,Bewley,,Schlein,Cook are the front runners with endless other spoilers in the meeting.

Crazy really 3 Scorpions in the British final wishing Josh ,Jason and Stevie all the best for this meeting ,but return for Friday fit and well .Really shocked Stevie back on a bike so soon

Pleased to see Worrall back, fit and involved but how is it fair that he has jumped ahead of others who competed in the semis? He has effectively been seeded through when others have been denied the same in the past.

• Like 3

Anyone but Schlein. No way this Aussie should be anywhere near the British final. Disgraceful taking a place of a British rider.

what if he wins it? Gets the cardiff British wild card? Utterly wrong.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Anyone but Schlein. No way this Aussie should be anywhere near the British final. Disgraceful taking a place of a British rider.

I can't believe it would even be a consideration.

Cardiff, with Schlein? Oh please. What an absolute insult. :rolleyes:

Please please let it be Lambert!

• Like 1

Why don't they just change the Cardiff wildcard rule to, highest finishing British rider apart from Cook?

• Like 1

Looking forward to my first visit to the new Belle Vue track . Three Glasgow Tigers plus Son of God to cheer for .

52 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Looking forward to my first visit to the new Belle Vue track . Three Glasgow Tigers plus Son of God to cheer for .

You will be impressed Paulco, a fantastic venue for great racing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Son of God? 

Richard Lawson , son of the greatest ever Glasgow Tiger , Steve Lawson 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Son of God? 

Son of an ex Glasgow rider,methinks.....Lawson?

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Pleased to see Worrall back, fit and involved but how is it fair that he has jumped ahead of others who competed in the semis? He has effectively been seeded through when others have been denied the same in the past.

Lambert??? did he once break-down coming back from Newcastle for the Semi- Final ???

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Never thought I would see the day I agreed with you but this time I do on all counts