British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

British Final 11th June 2018 at Belle Vue

23 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Anyone but Schlein. No way this Aussie should be anywhere near the British final. Disgraceful taking a place of a British rider.

what if he wins it? Gets the cardiff British wild card? Utterly wrong.

Totally agree. He was born in Australia, and therefore he is Australian, not British!  I don't care what licence he rides on, this should be a competition for British riders. So will he be in the running for a place in the GB team in future? On a National level he would ride for  Team Australia, so what the hell is he doing at the British Final. (nothing personal you understand, just the principal of the thing!)

Years ago we used to have Barry Briggs, Ivan Mauger and others riding with the Union Jack on their body colours, equally daft I thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DSC67 said:

There's an article in this weeks SS about Andy Smith riding on a Polish license and competing in the Polish Final . . People may not like the fact Rory's in the final but it's happening and there's  not much  we can do about it apart from grumble on here 

It could easily be changed by the BSPA to be " the highest scoring British born rider, not currently in the GP". Perhaps Buster wants Rory to get to The Cardiff GP? Ha Ha  - no possibility of that!

7 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

It could easily be changed by the BSPA to be " the highest scoring British born rider, not currently in the GP". Perhaps Buster wants Rory to get to The Cardiff GP? Ha Ha  - no possibility of that!

Which would have ruled out Mark Loram in the past and Adam Ellis now.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 2

So if you are born almost anywhere you could ride in the British Final? So could Jason Doyle enter the qualifying rounds? He has lived here for years. Does Rory Schlein have British citizenship or not? Does anyone know? NOT merely riding on an ACU licence.

12 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

So if you are born almost anywhere you could ride in the British Final? So could Jason Doyle enter the qualifying rounds? He has lived here for years. Does Rory Schlein have British citizenship or not? Does anyone know? NOT merely riding on an ACU licence.

If Jason Doyle became a British Citizen (which he may do in the future as he has a British wife) then there's no reason he shouldn't ride as British.

For me, if Rory Schlein is a British Citizen then I don't see why he shouldn't ride in the British Final, as long as it is the only national final he competes in. If it is jut down to licensing then I don't think he should.

• Like 1

Schlein is about as British as my Citroen van, absolute joke, he gets in on a technicality, if the speedway gods are looking down he'll miss out on qualification tonight!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

Can you buy tickets at the event or do you have to get them online before hand.  I remember buying them on the day last year, just wondered if it is the same this year?

I am sure that you will be able to buy tickets at the stadium. I can't imagine it is going to be a still out but if you want to be absolutely sure telephone the stadium on 0161 711 0828 and choose option 2.   

I don't know if anyone else saw it. Some time ago now, Schlein (not the first time was slagging off the UK) But on this occasion, it was our NHS!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jacques said:

I don't know if anyone else saw it. Some time ago now, Schlein (not the first time was slagging off the UK) But on this occasion, it was our NHS!

Ah, a hanging offence. I've never understood why the NHS is such a sacred cow. It is something of which we should be immensely  proud but that shouldn't stop it being beyond criticism, or is it just that a foreigner isn't allowed to criticise it.

1 minute ago, Aces51 said:

Ah, a hanging offence. I've never understood why the NHS is such a sacred cow. It is something of which we should be immensely  proud but that shouldn't stop it being beyond criticism, or is it just that a foreigner isn't allowed to criticise it.

Pretty much! He was a visitor here at the time. It's not just the NHS if you read my post. The problem with that is? :rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, Grachan said:

If Jason Doyle became a British Citizen (which he may do in the future as he has a British wife) then there's no reason he shouldn't ride as British.

For me, if Rory Schlein is a British Citizen then I don't see why he shouldn't ride in the British Final, as long as it is the only national final he competes in. If it is jut down to licensing then I don't think he should.

I agree with you completely. IF Rory Schlein IS a British citizen then he must be allowed to compete in qualifying rounds and finals. The question is, IS he now a British citizen or not?  If it is just down to licensing then he should not be riding in it. Can someone tell us if Rory has taken out full British citizenship? Over to you Rory.

Was Mark Loram British or Maltese?

By the way Ove Fundin must be the best ever British rider because he too lived here for a long period of time. Ivan Mauger too I suppose, but I prefer Ove.

Edited by waytogo28
Additional point made

17 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Pretty much! He was a visitor here at the time. It's not just the NHS if you read my post. The problem with that is? :rolleyes:

I don't see a problem with any criticism from any source providing it is justified. It should be how we learn and improve but of course, far too often, it is ignored.

It's a bit like this childishness of calling people who have commented adversely on the tactics in the final of the SON Tai haters. That's what you expect in the playground. An adult response is to offer a reasoned reply explaining why they think the tactics were right.

14 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Come on Rory... 

New Witches no 1 last week

New British no 1 this

:D

nah its never going to happen is it, it would be a lovely fairytale ending but this is reality!

29 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I don't see a problem with any criticism from any source providing it is justified. It should be how we learn and improve but of course, far too often, it is ignored.

It's a bit like this childishness of calling people who have commented adversely on the tactics in the final of the SON Tai haters. That's what you expect in the playground. An adult response is to offer a reasoned reply explaining why they think the tactics were right.

It's nothing like the Tai situation. Stop trying to pick stuff out of the air in a very poor attempt  to make your point? 

It is not professional and it's insulting to the good people of the NHS, who we all know have saved his life on more than one occasion. The fact that he felt the need to slag off the UK/NHS on a social media, more than once proves his lack of intelligence.  If as you say you want to offer a reasoned response to a complaint about your treatment, then you go through the correct channels. This sense of entitlement is endemic. If you think that behaviour is acceptable, then you are no better than Schlein himself!

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 3