British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

British Final 11th June 2018 at Belle Vue

31 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I thought his fans were those women in the pink hats.Has he got any more,?As it all went quiet Rory-wise once they left.....

Is it a winner takes all final or a straight 20 heats,most points scored is the champ?And will there be more or less than at Wroclaw?

It should be the highest scorer after 20 heats, but we now have the 'its a knockout' system which should have no place in a one off individual meeting imo. Personally never been to a meeting when this system is used, and any race off should just involve any tied riders for 1st, 2nd and 3rd ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, blupanther said:

It should be the highest scorer after 20 heats, but we now have the 'its a knockout' system which should have no place in a one off individual meeting imo. Personally never been to a meeting when this system is used, and any race off should just involve any tied riders for 1st, 2nd and 3rd ...

I was at the world youth final in Denmark years ago when Rene Bach was the best rider there,but had to go into a final,which he was leading twice and both times,no fault of his the race was stopped and then the third time he lost out.Never liked the system then,nor since

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

It is box-office.  

Thus, it is here to stay.  

Get over it.

Nothing to get over.I am just posting an opinion.Don't like it,don't come on forums where people express opinions.Simples

Lamberts to lose, I don't know why but it seems quite a weak field, not sure who else could be there bar the obvious but seems a bit underwhelming after the weekend, hopefully get some good racing as cant imagine any rider not liking the track

Rory Schlein !!! What a bloody joke lets hope justice is done and he gets no where near the final,  only in British Speedway  :angry: :rolleyes: 

Best of luck Dan Bewley, Cookie,  our Cumbrian heroes 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Col said:

Sheffield Semi:

Jason Garrity
Kyle Howarth
Josh Auty
Edward Kennett
Robert Lambert
Rory Schlein
Dan Bewley
Craig Cook
Reserve - Stefan Neilsen.

Leicester Semi.

Richard Lawson
Chris Harris
Scott Nicholls
Lewis Kerr
Richie Worrall
Danny King
Ben Barker
Adam Ellis
Reserve - Ashley Morris

Barker, Kennett & Neilsen all ruled out.  Morris & Stevie Worrall replace them.

Track reserves are Jack Smith and Kyle Bickley

Shouldn't it really be Wilkinson or Howe instead of S.Worrall.Isn't that how it worked last year when Lambert couldn't get to the semi,they didn't seed him into the final.

• Like 1

I am positive I saw on myiPad this morning a race sheet from Willtaxis for tonight Brit final. Cant find it now I am on my PC. Any one know where it is????

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are such a c...k  why say anything ? 

Is it any wonder there is tension at your workplace?:blink:

Good luck to 'English' for tonight

3 hours ago, Jacques said:

:lol:

I think you need to get yourself an appt with a Doctor . Let's hope there is some money left in the coffers to pay for it after Rory has had all his treatment funded ...

After the history you've given I don't think there's much money left for any of us.:)

3 hours ago, Jacques said:

I'd put money of Aces51 being Schleins no 1 fan. Like a lot of the sycophants on here, they only see what they want to see....

Anyway this is detracting from what should be a great meeting. Good luck to all the British boys tonight! May the best one of them win :approve:

You don't know much if you think an Aces fan would be supporting Rory. A typical whinging Aussie who rides for Wolves? :D

As you say back to more important matters. I've arrived in God's chosen city after the usual nightmare journey. The sun is shining and a tremendous meeting is in prospect. An Aces 1,2,3  in any order will do nicely. 

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

I am positive I saw on myiPad this morning a race sheet from Willtaxis for tonight Brit final. Cant find it now I am on my PC. Any one know where it is????

Stop looking everyone :D  I found the race card for tonight.

Sorry to interrupt all your arguing.

• Haha 1

Robert could really do with winning this to back up his SoN performances last week, will be tough though against Cook and Bewley who know the track exceptionally well.