2 minutes ago, montie said:

What is the max capacity of the NSS? 

With temp seating about 9k.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, acef said:

With temp seating about 9k.

i wonder if a GP is viable with that capacity

4 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Although I've not visited the NSS I can only judge by what I see on TV, but it doesn't look as though it could house a GP size crowd.  I'm believe parking in the area is pretty naff too for a substantial crowd, and how would you fill your day, unlike Cardiff.  But must agree, track wise, it couldn't be bettered.

Etihad for parking. Council would provide a free shuttle service. They own that stadium. 

Several buses run from Manchester to the stadium (one of the greatest cities on the planet) every 10 minutes. So plenty to do. Those are can't be assed with a little travel like that, well they'll be board. But that's on them. Many football games at the etihad and town is always rocking. 

3 minutes ago, montie said:

I see absolutely no reason why it wouldn't be. Plenty of GPS have operated with less. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aces51 said:

My point was within 3 years of first sitting on a speedway bike. I'm not sure about John Louis, if I remember correctly he was about 29 when he first rode competitively and what a great rider he was but I don't know when he had his first attempts at riding, Michael Lee was certainly riding long before he was 16 and Peter Collins was in the same category.

Dan's first competitive race was at the start of 2016, he was injured, I think in July of that year, which ended his season, had a full season last year and obviously has ridden this season. If you add it up he has about 2 years experience of competitive racing.

I think Olle Nygren was Swedish Champion the year after he started.Bjorn Knutson was also in the world top 20 3 years after he started and Ronnie Moore also had a rapid rise

You could also add Franz Heck,who became German champion a year after he won the national road bike title at the Nurburgring,just a few months after taking up the sport.But that was back in 1929 when no-one else in Germany had ridden either:D

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

I feel the same about the play offs tbh where a team finishing 4th umpteen points behind the table toppers can be crowned champions. Strange how many people who decry the British final format or the SoN format are big advocates of the play offs, where the same formula is used, in effect losers cwn end up overall winners.

I’m a fan of the system for both. It creates drama. No argument from me. It was obvious in the pairs that Russia were the likely winners despite GB scoring more points. We all knew it. Same as when Coventry scrapped into the play offs in 4th several seasons ago and smashed runaway leaders Poole. Peaking at the right time is key. Love the intensity of it.

Another superb meeting, well done to Lambert on a deserved victory. Hopefully he and Bewley can keep progressing and maybe in a few years we could have both of them in the GP's.

Must have been the first final in years not to have needed a re-run!

5 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Another superb meeting, well done to Lambert on a deserved victory. Hopefully he and Bewley can keep progressing and maybe in a few years we could have both of them in the GP's.

Must have been the first final in years not to have needed a re-run!

1 heat was rerun when Smith Ex.  Very refreshing to have no starting reruns. 

Hopefully this meeting signifies the start e new era in British Speedway at last we have a few who look like they could reach the top.  Lambert  was superb and Bewley pretty impressive. Had not liked Lambert up till this juncture but possibly  a lot of previous perceptions of him were more down to his mother.

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

1 heat was rerun when Smith Ex.  Very refreshing to have no starting reruns. 

I meant the Grand Final, thought it was guarenteed once Garrity had qualified :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, montie said:

Prague cant be much bigger not Krsko and Horsens which both look tiny on TV.    It would sell out at BV.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Odds On said:

the lost revenue on turnstyle income could be made up by having it as a pay per view event.

No way.   Its a minority sport.

39 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I’m a fan of the system for both. It creates drama. No argument from me. It was obvious in the pairs that Russia were the likely winners despite GB scoring more points. We all knew it. Same as when Coventry scrapped into the play offs in 4th several seasons ago and smashed runaway leaders Poole. Peaking at the right time is key. Love the intensity of it.

As with football the play off's keep several clubs season alive.     They generate income and excitement.  Not ideal for the league winner to be potentially beaten but revenue is vital and these meetings probably generate the biggest crowd of the seasons for most clubs.

• Like 1