British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions v Wolverhampton Wolves, 19.30, 21/05/18

Wolves operating r/r for Kyle Howarth who is away in a gp qualifier. Lions missing Hans Andersen and Danny King, and have Ricky Wells and Ritchie Worrall as guests

extra ride for Schlein (who switches to 5 with Masters in at 4) with Howarth missing and probably two for Morris so would expect them to match or get close to what Howarth would on current form. Gunna go for Wolves by 4, Hans missing I feel could be the difference.

1 hour ago, Shale Searcher said:

Well, weather set fair...... Lions win by 12pts anyone? 

Hope so but I think you are being a bit to optimistic. Would not RR be a better bet for King?

1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Hope so but I think you are being a bit to optimistic. Would not RR be a better bet for King?

Not sure Leicester reserves can be relied on to produce a double figure return between them, which usually ensures a win. So for me Newman and KP have to produce the engine room points if Lions are going to win this. And I think they'll have their work cut out. 

48 minutes ago, ShrewsburyWolf said:

extra ride for Schlein (who switches to 5 with Masters in at 4) with Howarth missing and probably two for Morris so would expect them to match or get close to what Howarth would on current form. Gunna go for Wolves by 4, Hans missing I feel could be the difference.

How come Rory gets an extra ride from RR for Howarth??   Rory must be top rider in the averages  let alone Wolves side...

Andersen is a massive loss for Leicester and could be the defining issue.    Had both teams  been at full strength , I would have fancied the Lions for a comfortable home win,   but now it will be much closer than that .    Will go for close match with Wolves taking home a point... 

4 minutes ago, g13webb said:

How come Rory gets an extra ride from RR for Howarth??   Rory must be top rider in the averages  let alone Wolves side...

Andersen is a massive loss for Leicester and could be the defining issue.    Had both teams  been at full strength , I would have fancied the Lions for a comfortable home win,   but now it will be much closer than that .    Will go for close match with Wolves taking home a point... 

Don`t you know where to look ??  http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/p18_issue_9.pdf

39 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Indeed he is.10.40 so far this season.  New averages not in force yet though..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

I would have thought it would have been better to have Worrall guesting for King & R/R for Andersen then Bjerre, Worrall, Pieszczek & Newman could have had an extra ride. Wells was pretty poor last time he guested. Wolves have the in-form reserve in Morris & should win by about 4-6 points.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Indeed he is.10.40 so far this season.  New averages not in force yet though..

Rolling averages now being used, last 20 meetings

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevethelion said:

I would have thought it would have been better to have Worrall guesting for King & R/R for Andersen then Bjerre, Worrall, Pieszczek & Newman could have had an extra ride. Wells was pretty poor last time he guested. Wolves have the in-form reserve in Morris & should win by about 4-6 points.

Totally agree. Andersen R/R surely better. Unless Newman & Pieszczek are on top form I feel we’re doomed, doomed I tell ye.

9 hours ago, g13webb said:

It's simple really,  he isn't.  Rolling averages ensured that won't be happening.

Check out the official averages. His real 2018 average is massively different. 

http://www.speedwaygb.co/premiershipteamissues18

Great away point for the Wolves.

That's 3 away matches with a point gained at 2 of them. All ok so far.

When you have opportunities to take all the points, last night and at Rye, they need to be grabbed as a buffer to when something unlucky happens at home, Howarth injured v Poole last year. 2 points are ok, 6+ really should have been in the bag.

Others won't make the same mistakes.