British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions v Wolverhampton Wolves, 19.30, 21/05/18

Well done Lions. Guests contributed well so big thanks to Richie & Ricky for their efforts, Ricky’s burst down the home straight and inside bends 1&2 to go from 3rd to first turning a 1-5 into a shared score for the heat especially good. 

Wolves battled hard and deserved their point. Rory very quiet (as too K Bjerre) in front of what loooked like biggest crowd of the season. 

21 hours ago, g13webb said:

How come Rory gets an extra ride from RR for Howarth??   Rory must be top rider in the averages  let alone Wolves side...

Andersen is a massive loss for Leicester and could be the defining issue.    Had both teams  been at full strength , I would have fancied the Lions for a comfortable home win,   but now it will be much closer than that .    Will go for close match with Wolves taking home a point... 

What makes this result surprising, was it was achieved with Rory having a bad night.     A big done for keeping it so close....     Nobody likes to see a one-sided meeting.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Hope so but I think you are being a bit to optimistic. Would not RR be a better bet for King?

Well, if we'd have 5-1'd in ht 15, we would have won by 12!! Got to stop away sides getting these bonus points, it will cost us play off place come end of August.... 

Dull, Dull, Dull... Another dull meeting at BP, Lions always had this covered, 1 decent race to speak of in Ht 12, the only other interest was could Wolves sneak a league point in Ht 15. On a positive note it was all over and done with quite quickly

Unless there was a very compelling reason, I'd challenge Stead's decision to put both guests into heat 15 and not Kenny Bjerre. 

After all, Bjerre is the number one rider and even though he'd had an inconsistent match, he still needs to be put into those situations, not excused from them. The guests had done a good job, but with the match won I'm not sure they would be 100% committed to ensuring the opposition didn't get a point. 

The Leiicester score chart was remeniscent of the Martin Rogers era!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

Unless there was a very compelling reason, I'd challenge Stead's decision to put both guests into heat 15 and not Kenny Bjerre. 

After all, Bjerre is the number one rider and even though he'd had an inconsistent match, he still needs to be put into those situations, not excused from them. The guests had done a good job, but with the match won I'm not sure they would be 100% committed to ensuring the opposition didn't get a point. 

It was, wasn't it.....!!! 

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

Really pleasently surprised by the whole team performance, including the guests. Didn’t see us winning that meeting. Bjerre couldn’t seem to get out of the gate all night, bike issues maybe & his brother was in the pits helping quite a bit too. 

But I’d like to have seen him in heat 15. Pushed Thorssell real close in heat 13, fancy he might have got us a 3-3.

Good 3 points though against a strong team.

Just another theory on the choice of riders in heat 15, this was the last meeting before the averages are calculated for next month (23rd of each month), maybe Lions had the figures required to make any changes ( eg. Bates returning) & didn't want to run any risks in getting them altered, so played safe & let the guests have the ride.Probably miles out & it was just the fact that Worrall was top scorer & Wells had done a pretty good job too. Must say was fearing a defeat before-hand, so was pleasantly surprised at the result. Special mention to James Sarjeant, excellent for his 8 +1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevethelion said:

Just another theory on the choice of riders in heat 15, this was the last meeting before the averages are calculated for next month (23rd of each month), maybe Lions had the figures required to make any changes ( eg. Bates returning) & didn't want to run any risks in getting them altered, so played safe & let the guests have the ride.Probably miles out & it was just the fact that Worrall was top scorer & Wells had done a pretty good job too. Must say was fearing a defeat before-hand, so was pleasantly surprised at the result. Special mention to James Sarjeant, excellent for his 8 +1.

Sarjeant was excellent, looks comfortable when he makes a gate. Regarding averages, I think only programmed rides count, so heat 15 riders/scorers are irrelevant to the GSA’s. However with my overall knowledge of speedway rules/regs I could be completely wrong.

8 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

Sarjeant was excellent, looks comfortable when he makes a gate. Regarding averages, I think only programmed rides count, so heat 15 riders/scorers are irrelevant to the GSA’s. However with my overall knowledge of speedway rules/regs I could be completely wrong.

Glad James had a decent meeting , hopefully he can kick on from this in both leagues . He's come in for a load of heavy criticism from fans of his own team in the Championship , most of it unjustified , and fans of a certain other team have shown great delight in sticking the knife in . Be nice if he could throw all the criticism back at them . 

Edited by Paulco

19 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

All rides taken in a meeting are included in the GSA.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, g13webb said:

What makes this result surprising, was it was achieved with Rory having a bad night.     A big done for keeping it so close....     Nobody likes to see a one-sided meeting.

Kenneth and Kristian also had poor nights!!!

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

All rides taken in a meeting are included in the GSA.

Thanks. Apologies for my ill-informed spreading of fake news.

On 22/05/2018 at 12:35 PM, Shale Searcher said:

It was, wasn't it.....!!! 

On 22/05/2018 at 10:51 AM, Big Al said:

In what way ?

On 22/05/2018 at 5:45 PM, Mr Bump said:

All rides count, but they are calculated in a way that 4, 5 6 or 7 rides makes no difference, it calculates back to relate to 4 rides