British Speedway Forum
SuperBear

Redcar v Lakeside 24th may

Hope Ben Morley is not too badly hurt after what seemed like a freak accident. Quite enjoyed my first visit, though it was too easy ultimately for Lakeside in the end. 

How did or rather where did Ben hurt himself and is there any news on him? Hope he can get well soon, he has been a very good team player for us so far despite the tricky number two spot.

33 minutes ago, marko said:

How did or rather where did Ben hurt himself and is there any news on him? Hope he can get well soon, he has been a very good team player for us so far despite the tricky number two spot.

Jonas Andersen lost control of his bike and turned right on Ben. These things happen but certain riders seem to be gaining a reputation for them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foamfence said:

If he wanted away why has he returned and brought his brother as well? Redcar insults it's fans with this team and it insults them with the ridiculous statements it's team manager makes before and after meetings.

Possibly because nobody came in for him and Redcar was the only option if he wanted a UK team spot!

4 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Possibly because nobody came in for him and Redcar was the only option if he wanted a UK team spot!

JBA is a decent second stringer...

You take many second stringers in this league and make them ride at 3, results would be the same...

Barker and Kus are the problems here - the two heat-leaders in the team, both woeful. Simple.

58 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Jonas Andersen lost control of his bike and turned right on Ben. These things happen but certain riders seem to be gaining a reputation for them.

To be fair to JBA his bike picked up and lifted , the consequence being that he veered right, to say that he turned right is misleading. IMO it was a racing incident and purely accidental.

Certain riders, by inference, obviously means JBA, and I don't think it should be levelled at him on this occasion

2 minutes ago, erimus11 said:

To be fair to JBA his bike picked up and lifted , the consequence being that he veered right, to say that he turned right is misleading. IMO it was a racing incident and purely accidental.

Certain riders, by inference, obviously means JBA, and I don't think it should be levelled at him on this occasion

Well I did say that he lost control, which infers that his going in the right direction wasn't deliberate. There have been other incidents and several riders last season were unhappy about certain events, it might just be that he's riding beyond his ability. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Well I did say that he lost control, which infers that his going in the right direction wasn't deliberate. There have been other incidents and several riders last season were unhappy about certain events, it might just be that he's riding beyond his ability. 

We have plenty of riders not riding to their ability! At times it was embarrassing to watch. I reckon most of the crowd knew that after Kus had made the gate in his first ride he wasn't going to do anything for the rest of the night. I've never seen a rider look down at his bike so much during a race, mind you, he has plenty of time given he's normally in 4th place

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, erimus11 said:

We have plenty of riders not riding to their ability! At times it was embarrassing to watch. I reckon most of the crowd knew that after Kus had made the gate in his first ride he wasn't going to do anything for the rest of the night. I've never seen a rider look down at his bike so much during a race, mind you, he has plenty of time given he's normally in 4th place

It's very difficult for the management, I think last year's team gave everyone a boost but if it isn't financially viable to sign heatleaders, they have to make the best of what they can get. It would probably be better for both teams if Kus was elsewhere.

I here all the talk re lack of funds , how do teams like Workington & Scunthorpe who get lower crowds manage to build teams of strength?

7 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

I here all the talk re lack of funds , how do teams like Workington & Scunthorpe who get lower crowds manage to build teams of strength?

Scunthorpe are subsidised by Stockcars, Workington seem to have good sponsors. It's interesting that Newcastle and Berwick seem to be getting more out of their teams than Redcar.......Unless Redcar are going to surprise everyone at Brough Park.

7 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Scunthorpe got a big payoff from their team sponsor to help build their side this year and as for Workington, they can’t afford to pay riders what they agreed on, it’s only a matter of time till Workington close 

haven't you got a track record in being indiscrete? Rather inflammatory statement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

haven't you got a track record in being indiscrete? Rather inflammatory statement.

That's a fair question in regards to Workington.

Quite a statement to make, unless you are absolutely certain of what you are saying.

It’s public knowledge that every season they threaten to close if the crowds don’t increase, I’ve not said anything that is a secret, if they could afford the riders they have, they wouldn’t threaten to close due to lack of money