British Speedway Forum
SuperBear

Redcar v Lakeside 24th may

24 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

It’s public knowledge that every season they threaten to close if the crowds don’t increase, I’ve not said anything that is a secret, if they could afford the riders they have, they wouldn’t threaten to close due to lack of money 

You have slandered the Workington promotion....

5 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

You have slandered the Workington promotion....

Only if it isn't true.

1 hour ago, BenR195 said:

It’s public knowledge that every season they threaten to close if the crowds don’t increase, I’ve not said anything that is a secret, if they could afford the riders they have, they wouldn’t threaten to close due to lack of money 

If i were you i would find an air raid shelter for the incoming.

Are you basing your allegations on fact or is it just your opinion.

59 minutes ago, Gazc said:

My so called allegation is based on a post Laura Morgan put on Facebook saying that if crowd levels didn’t increase then Workington Speedways future could be in doubt, I don’t know what you are making out I’m saying, I’ve not said anything about them doing anything wrong, I’m just saying that paying for decent riders wont be helping their situation, redcar haven’t got a lot of money as the promotion have said quite clearly on multiple occasions and our team this year shows that as they have stated we were on a budget, my point is I don’t know how Workington can afford the teams that they put out, when they were soo close to closing according to their promoter, if they weren’t struggling to afford wages, they wouldnt threaten to close, maybe they have decent sponsors subsiding it, who knows, I’m not accusing them of anything, I think people have misunderstood what I was trying to say 

47 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

My so called allegation is based on a post Laura Morgan put on Facebook saying that if crowd levels didn’t increase then Workington Speedways future could be in doubt, I don’t know what you are making out I’m saying, I’ve not said anything about them doing anything wrong, I’m just saying that paying for decent riders wont be helping their situation, redcar haven’t got a lot of money as the promotion have said quite clearly on multiple occasions and our team this year shows that as they have stated we were on a budget, my point is I don’t know how Workington can afford the teams that they put out, when they were soo close to closing according to their promoter, if they weren’t struggling to afford wages, they wouldnt threaten to close, maybe they have decent sponsors subsiding it, who knows, I’m not accusing them of anything, I think people have misunderstood what I was trying to say 

I don't think people, are misunderstanding, what you were saying. I think you are backtracking and changing your tune.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I don't think people, are misunderstanding, what you were saying. I think you are backtracking and changing your tune.

He's got previous and is always in denial.

7 hours ago, Gazc said:

I think anyone who has been to Workington in the last few seasons and seen their gate levels will know their existence is precarious. Its pretty much common knowledge that they survive because of funds pumped in by the promotion. 

Having said that, I suspect they are anything but alone in that.

• Like 1

Ominously, cannot access Bears' website this morning.

Website looks to be down due to a hosting issue, I believe this is being looked at with them

4 hours ago, TonyE said:

Ominously, cannot access Bears' website this morning.

ominously? FFS

yeah, you can't get on the site, we're shutting down

• Like 1

Light-hearted comment given the previous posts - would not wish closure on any club.

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, BenR195 said:

Scunthorpe got a big payoff from their team sponsor to help build their side this year  

what utter rubbish

13 hours ago, montie said:

what utter rubbish

Oh but Montie, don't you know he is in on all deals, and what he knows he tells. Spy in the camp for his own self promotion.