British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

KOC Rye House - Swindon 23.5.18

The second leg of the KOC meeting takes place on wed with Swindon going into this with a 59 - 31 first leg score.

http://swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.3110

Rye have been strong on their own track winning all their home meetings 48 - 42, but no way are they going to get back 29 points. 

38 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

The second leg of the KOC meeting takes place on wed with Swindon going into this with a 59 - 31 first leg score.

http://swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.3110

Rye have been strong on their own track winning all their home meetings 48 - 42, but no way are they going to get back 29 points. 

Winning home meetings by six points isn't strong. 

• Like 3

Rye 44 Windon 46

actually, looking at thursday's weather forecast I'm now coming to Rye House on wed insted of IOW......so cancel the taxi Tony.

5 minutes ago, Mike.Butler said:

actually, looking at thursday's weather forecast I'm now coming to Rye House on wed insted of IOW......so cancel the taxi Tony.

That makes three of us going Mike. Far too early for me to make a decision about going to the island.

10 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Kyle Newman guests for Rye

I'm guessing this is for NBJ?

How long is he likely to be out for?

While I wanted NBJ in the team why we declared him with Robbo out baffles me. Kennett at reserve is an opportunity you don't miss. He's not been performing granted but some "easier" rides at reserve and being able to take up to seven a meeting could have helped him ride into form or for the promotion see that he's for the exit. 

A 31 year old veteran at reserve.....  

the fast track system was a good idea in my opinion as it helped some of the younger riders gain experience but this seems wrong at his stage in his career, “riding himself into form”?

Edited by Jonny the spud

Pity this fixture wasn't the other way round.  Had Rye House had the first leg it would have been a good meeting and attracted a decent crowd.   Whatever the outcome of that first meeting ,  would have only added to the occasion.   It wouldn't have been so impossible as trying to overcome a 28pt deficit  that RH face.    All the team have left to ride for is pride, and  will that be enough to attract the punters in the numbers they require.....

3 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Pity this fixture wasn't the other way round.  Had Rye House had the first leg it would have been a good meeting and attracted a decent crowd.   Whatever the outcome of that first meeting ,  would have only added to the occasion.   It wouldn't have been so impossible as trying to overcome a 28pt deficit  that RH face.    All the team have left to ride for is pride, and  will that be enough to attract the punters in the numbers they require.....

Last year’s playoff final springs to mind - who would have expected Swindon to lose at home and then to win away to leave ft the title? It’s not over until it’s over - granted Rye House have a mountain to climb!

9 hours ago, KevH said:

I'm guessing this is for NBJ?

How long is he likely to be out for?

Newman 5.27 for NBJ 5.00?