British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

KOC Rye House - Swindon 23.5.18

20 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

The second leg of the KOC meeting takes place on wed with Swindon going into this with a 59 - 31 first leg score.

http://swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.3110

Rye have been strong on their own track winning all their home meetings 48 - 42, but no way are they going to get back 29 points. 

Not quiet the same scores but you never know.

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/16083/rye-house-berwick-plkoc-2016

Junior

2 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

A 31 year old veteran at reserve.....  

the fast track system was a good idea in my opinion as it helped some of the younger riders gain experience but this seems wrong at his stage in his career, “riding himself into form”?

It's a sport and it's within the rules. The fast track system was good for some riders without a doubt but it's a few rather than the majority still riding in the top tier which is now weaker than it was before the fast track draft was implemented. 

I'm all for us giving our youngsters all the chances possible to progress but there are other ways. If there is a way within the rules that we can get Kennett at reserve then there's nothing wrong with doing so. 

Edited by Ben91

1 hour ago, krompa said:

Newman 5.27 for NBJ 5.00? 

Fair point.  Maybe both teams have agreed due to unavailability of other riders and RH are well under the 42.50 limit?

Edited by Skidder1

With so few fixtures, why would people miss out on seeing some speedway.

Some good exciting riders on show tonight, so could be a great meeting, regardless of the score.

Given that 4 of the Lakeside team are riding might even get a few of them attend.

Rye website is saying the guest for NBJ will be Kevin Doolan.

Although I think the Rockets have no chance of winning on aggregate, there is still the prospect of an entertaining meeting this evening. I suppose I'll be half cheering for Swindon since 3 of their team are Hammers too. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

I will be enjoying the racing this evening. The result on Monday means that progression to the KO Cup Semi Finals is very unlikely for Rye House but that does not mean we won't have a good evening of speedway. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Guest was originally going to be Kyle Newman, changed to Kevin Doolan. No idea why

Averages

Well done to the old guys, Bomber and Nick. Well done to Adam and Batch, Nickyboy is a worry at number1 at times.

• Like 3

An enjoyable evening of decent racing and good company. Scott Nicholls produced a couple of terrific passes in particular.

• Like 1

A poor crowd on a cold evening. Racing wise, it was the best meeting of the season at rye.

• Like 1

The racing last night was top class,pity the promoters were not.Advertised start time is given as 7-30pm,so why was it that the first heat went off at 7-53pm.Rye have always had troubles with dust,but is it really necessary for the sprinkler/grader to perform after every 2 heats especially at the snail's pace it moved at.I was impressed with the kids who showed their paces prior to the main event,but they were too close to the start time,they should have been finished earlier.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what is the significance of the centre green feature