British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

BRUMMIES v I.O.W. Wed 23rd May

Guest GiveusaB
45 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

What was refreshing about last night was it seems that the NL this year might not have so many. easy 60/30ish home wins.The IOW put up a fight and battled hard which was great Morley(who i like) had three great battles with Hume and Hopwood battled hard also heard the young reserve Embleton has ability.I listened to the meeting on the radio and what a brilliant show it was excellent stuff that and the speedway updates do a terrific job for speedway.

Embleton rode extremely well imo....

JPB lost out on 5 points due to mechanical failure.

Hume passed Morley in one race...it was breathtaking!

Cupitt is seriously lacking in confidence, it's like he deliberately misses the gate in order to keep out the way?

I hope he can get his act together soon....I'm sure he can do better!

Walker rode steady and if he gets the gate, then he's hard to pass has he rides a nice line!

Like I said before? the track was not conducive to great racing......however 'Hume' proved me wrong in one of his heats !

When you see JPB last night you can see how rubbish Race suits are, It looks so amateur when 5 riders have them and 2 don’t,  

Edited by Argos

4 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Embleton rode extremely well imo....

JPB lost out on 5 points due to mechanical failure.

Hume passed Morley in one race...it was breathtaking!

Cupitt is seriously lacking in confidence, it's like he deliberately misses the gate in order to keep out the way?

I hope he can get his act together soon....I'm sure he can do better!

Walker rode steady and if he gets the gate, then he's hard to pass has he rides a nice line!

Like I said before? the track was not conducive to great racing......however 'Hume' proved me wrong in one of his heats !

In the race you are refering to did Ben pass Danyon first ? then Danyon chased him hard and went around the boards to pass him.Hume i am a big fan of so it is great he is getting more race fit by the minute fingers crossed no more injuries.Morley i like alot he has always been good on the technical tracks but he has moved to the big IOW venue to improve as a rider i admire that.Now he rides the fence quite alot which is amazing for me Ben and Ash Morris are two of the biggest improving riders around.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Argos said:

When you see JPB last night you can see how rubbish Race suits are, It looks so amateur when 5 riders have them and 2 don’t,  

In fairness JPB has only just signed so no time to get a race suit for him. Butcher on the other hand i assume is just temporary until other options come available? Would have thought he would fit into the scrabble mans suit so must be holding onto it. 

Would have thought Embleton did himself no harm last night in staking a claim to somewhere closer to home. Once the averages change i would be concerned at Brum with Cupitt dropping to reserve as if his confidence doesnt pick up it places huge pressure on the top 5.

Edited by Sings4Speedway

13 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

In fairness JPB has only just signed so no time to get a race suit for him. Butcher on the other hand i assume is just temporary until other options come available? Would have thought he would fit into the scrabble mans suit so must be holding onto it. 

Would have thought Embleton did himself no harm last night in staking a claim to somewhere closer to home. Once the averages change i would be concerned at Brum with Cupitt dropping to reserve as if his confidence doesnt pick up it places huge pressure on the top 5.

Not many options, sadly, as he is based up here in Newcastle!  Glad to hear that fans appear to be impressed by him.  He's a smashing lad and just needs an opportunity to ride regularly to improve.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

I made my thoughts on Cupitt known pre-season, only for him to respond with a storming performance in the opening fixture.

Maybe I should slag him off more often if it inspires "confound the keyboard warrior" performances out of him lol. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Not many options, sadly, as he is based up here in Newcastle!  Glad to hear that fans appear to be impressed by him.  He's a smashing lad and just needs an opportunity to ride regularly to improve.

Steve did young Josh ride with the Mcgurk twins and Archie Freeman at Newcastle? thought the name rung a bell hope the young lad gets a prolonged breakthrough chance.

50 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Steve did young Josh ride with the Mcgurk twins and Archie Freeman at Newcastle? thought the name rung a bell hope the young lad gets a prolonged breakthrough chance.

Yeah. Josh rides for the Newcastle Gems in the NJL.

Great to see Josh getting on the scorecard and impressing people.  Hope he gets a team slot somewhere soon as can only be good for his development and good for Newcastle.  He doesn't seemed to get pushed very hard in the second halves at Newcastle, so I think he needs more competitive racing to advance and kick on.  Good Luck to him though..

First time I'd seen Leon Flint ride last night, but what a prospect he is.... remarkable that he's only 15 !

Kudos also to Arron Butcher for plugging away & recording a well-deserved first paid win in his second ride.

Track was very tricky early on, but the racing greatly improved as it dried out & track was re-graded.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

In the race you are refering to did Ben pass Danyon first ? then Danyon chased him hard and went around the boards to pass him.Hume i am a big fan of so it is great he is getting more race fit by the minute fingers crossed no more injuries.Morley i like alot he has always been good on the technical tracks but he has moved to the big IOW venue to improve as a rider i admire that.Now he rides the fence quite alot which is amazing for me Ben and Ash Morris are two of the biggest improving riders around.

Yes, that's the one, Sid....great race...the only race worth talking about last night!

Is Josh Embleton contracted to IOW ? If not, if I was Laurence Rogers I'd be signing him up straight away !!!

He's better than Cupitt/Butcher imo.