British Speedway Forum
wealdstone

The continuing decline of Speedway

10 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

The fact you back the rules which produce meetings that could very well kill the sport just confirms what a deluded old chunt you are...

trouble is you can't be flexible or use common sense because there's too many that cheat and bend rules - don't blame the rule makers they're dealing with some slippery characters. We could fill a full thread with the flankers that have been pulled over the years.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ch958 said:

trouble is you can't be flexible or use common sense because there's too many that cheat and bend rules - don't blame the rule makers they're dealing with some slippery characters. We could fill a full thread with the flankers that have been pulled over the years.

...the late Ian Thomas always found a loop hole and manipulated rulings to suit!

Don't worry. I'm sure the Cup of Nations will save us.

The heart and soul have been ripped out of speedway. Even the national flags on the front of riders' bibs in the GPs are the size of postage stamps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

The heart and soul have been ripped out of speedway. Even the national flags on the front of riders' bibs in the GPs are the size of postage stamps. 

They know that hordes of fans in Poland and Sweden are young and have 20 /20 vision and we all know that the dinosaur fans are being phased out ( naturally). Is that anyone who saw a race before 1980 now or 1970?

• Like 1

...literally just put the phone down I my brother who was once a keen fan (introduced me to the sport) and used to go to Rye House. Thought about going only to find that they run spasmodically so didn't bother!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...literally just put the phone down I my brother who was once a keen fan (introduced me to the sport) and used to go to Rye House. Thought about going only to find that they run spasmodically so didn't bother!

You speak to your brother? Just found out today after a chat, my sister no longer works at Woolworths.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, moxey63 said:

You speak to your brother? Just found out today after a chat, my sister no longer works at Woolworths.

Out of date as usual.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Each of those decisions complies with the Rule Book (which incidentally is produced and implemented by the SCB not the BSPA).

Whether you think the rules need amending is a different matter entirely.

Its worth noting that the seven-day suspension for sickness/non-speedway injury is a new addition to the Rule Book this year.

I see Tsunami posted while I was typing, he explains the reasoning behind the rules very clearly.

Was it not in the rulebook in the early 00's Neil. I remember James Birkinshaw turned his van over, and was not able to ride at Berwick, and we couldn't use him for 7 days then. 

8 hours ago, moxey63 said:

Have to say I'm friendly with someone who works for BSI and can cofirm the race bibs in SGP, SON & SWC are designed and made exactly how orgnisers BSI want them....

Edited by martinmauger
grammar

13 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Have to say I'm friendly with someone who works for BSI and can cofirm the race bibs in SGP, SON & SWC are designed and made exactly how orgnisers BSI want them....

Well isn't that fine and dandy, HOW WE WANT THEM!!!!

Funny how a football team who were once highly ranked and supported had a board decide to rebrand and change a logo>>>>>>

The fans rose up and the board reverted back.

Sometimes change is good but you must take notice of what the public WANT and not what you THINK they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Should have typed "Have to say I'm friendly with someone who works for BSI and can confirm the race bibs in SGP, SON & SWC are designed and made exactly how orgnisers BSI & the sponsors want them".  Still just sayin'....

I fully understand sponsors and BSI wanting bibs a certain way, but surely all the professionalism counts for little if the meeting is in a stadium not much better than Buxton.. with a crowd to match.

Talk about people living in the past... it was like Norden 1983 all over again.

Edited by moxey63

1 hour ago, martinmauger said:

Should have typed "Have to say I'm friendly with someone who works for BSI and can confirm the race bibs in SGP, SON & SWC are designed and made exactly how orgnisers BSI & the sponsors want them".  Still just sayin'....

I think you will find that in all International/ FIM event each countries national flag must be on the front of each race jacket, so they are abiding  by the rules - but taking the Hiss.