British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Workington SGBCL 24/5/18 @ 19.30

SHEFFIELD: Kyle Howarth, Todd Kurtz, Lasse Bjerre, Jan Graversen, Charles Wright, Jack Smith, James Shanes.

WORKINGTON: Rene Bach, Rasmus Jensen, Ty Proctor, Dan Bewley, Nicolai Klindt, Kyle Bickley, Mason Campton.

This'll be a real toughie with a cock-a-hoop Worky side (back from the best week's performance in their history) and an out-of-sorts Sheffield side. 

Thank goodness Campton is back - if they'd kept BWD in the side we'd have been in even more trouble (Just noticed that Peterborough have signed BWD today - Sheffield have missed a trick in not signing him to replace the ever-absent Josh Bates).

Edited by 4thbender

1 minute ago, 4thbender said:

This'll be a real toughie with a cock-a-hoop Worky side (back from the best week's performance in their history) and an out-of-sorts Sheffield side. 

Thank goodness Campton is back - if they'd kept BWD in the side we'd have been in even more trouble (why don't Sheffield sign the Aussie to replace the ever-absent Josh Bates?)

He has signed for Peterborough to cover Lunna.

• Like 1

Hopefully we will get our first win but Workington have done well away previously so can't be taken lightly.We need to be more consistent and get our season going before it's too late.I see Wilson dean has gone to Peterborough so we won't be getting him in after Jans 28 days are up so if we can't get him up to speed soon we are going to be no where near the top 4 !!!!!

I would have swapped Jan and Todd around Jan has heat 9 and 14 which we look very vunerable with. I actually think if Campton goes well we will lose this meeting.

Heading down tomorrow for an overnight stay,to start the Bank Holiday :), hopefully our boys can keep it close, best of luck to Mason on his return he's certainly getting some stick to prove himself as he did in the Cumberland Classic at Workington. Not sure which way this will go tbh , 2 great away wins but things didn't workout against Scunny last Friday so never take anything for granted , Sheffield haven't set the World alight yet so possibly even teams from the offset 

Good Luck Boys !!

• Like 2

aye , good luck to mason on his comeback and the rest of the lads . 

glued to the updates , but some lucky people are going t sheee feeeld  .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Fancy Worky to win this,Sheffield were very poor at Berwick last week,Wright and Howarth need to get going.The tail end is weak IMO .

32 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Fancy Worky to win this,Sheffield were very poor at Berwick last week,Wright and Howarth need to get going.The tail end is weak IMO .

Me too, leaving Jan at 4 weakens us at the end of the match so we need to build up a big lead which I don't think we are capable of at the moment

we need both reserves to go well to stand a chance, and I don't think they will

Even though it's still early in the season I think if we do drop anymore points at home it could affect crowd levels .A lot of supporters are moaning about the lack of fixtures and the stop start season we are having makes it worse. Losing at home will see some supporters getting out of the habit of regular speedway.Its really important we start and put a winning run together sooner rather than later .

Well its not often i say this but the Iron could well and truly be in the other hand on this one .... Sheffield really really missed a trick by not signing BWD to fill in for Josh Bates.

I am going for a very close meeting with Worky possibly edging this one (Pains me to say that).

Dan Bewley for me in the engine room of that side will bag the points, massive admirer of his talents so watch out for this guy.

Let's see ......

I think Bewley is the next big talent and I was hoping we could get him in the winter.Some of his races this season have been awesome.When he first rode against Sheffield you could see the lads got talent hope he doesn't do too well tonight or we could get beat .

come on sheff fans , you are not that poor . but if you get beat by a poor comets team , you will be poor ..

1 hour ago, jenga said:

come on sheff fans , you are not that poor . but if you get beat by a poor comets team , you will be poor ..

changed your tune, again, after results at P'boro & Glasgow. Now your back to being a poor team after getting beat by Scunthorpe, even though you were missing Bewley & BWD, you still had the impressive Aarnio.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

changed your tune, again, after results at P'boro & Glasgow. Now your back to being a poor team after getting beat by Scunthorpe, even though you were missing Bewley & BWD, you still had the impressive Aarnio.

only going by what the so called experts were saying pre season .

you never get to be a good singer if you sing the same songs over and over again !

• Like 1