British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Workington SGBCL 24/5/18 @ 19.30

Good recovery last night to take the win. Feared the worst early on when Charles looked to be going backwards and Kyle and lasse were struggling.Good performance from Workington as I suspected but that's 3 points we've lost at home which we now need to pick up away..Can't see that happening with the current team we need to make a change sooner rather than later..

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Good recovery last night to take the win. Feared the worst early on when Charles looked to be going backwards and Kyle and lasse were struggling.Good performance from Workington as I suspected but that's 3 points we've lost at home which we now need to pick up away..Can't see that happening with the current team we need to make a change sooner rather than later..

only lost two, still get three for last night

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Good win for Sheffield .Klindt must be the biggest gating tart in the league ,his lack of effort when doesn't gate is a joke and has been throughout previous seasons .

I think the expression “gating tart” was invented based on Klindt, although he isn’t the only rider by a long way that can’t even pass wind on occasion.

• Like 1

Seems to me Bickley has been thrown at the deep end and is nowhere near ready for this level. 

Klindt is what he is one meeting sensational next meeting downright shocking. Bach has never been the same since his bad injury all those years ago, maybe number one in your line up but number one material he is not

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

Not a bad meeting, but think we used our get out of jail card to win that one. If Klindt had ridden like he can or Compton hadn’t tailed off in his last 2 we would have been in trouble.

Nice to see Ty back to his best.

Thankful to Graversen for last year, but he needs replacing ASAP. Even 6 points from that position would have turned it into a 52-38 result.

I agree about Graversen, but it could be argued that his point in Heat 14 was crucial.  Then again, I would have left him in Heat 9 bearing in mind the Comets pair were Klindt and Bickley, and then put Shanes in Heat 14, so what do I know.... Certainly a result I didn't expect given how we started - good job the Comets weren't firing on all cylinders!

Surely putting Proctor at 5 & Klindt at 3 would make Workington much stronger?

• Like 2

Peterborough took 2 points for the draw and Workington got a point last night and this present team are going to struggle to pull them back plus we got more favoured teams to come to us so we can't afford any more gifts at home 

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Peterborough took 2 points for the draw and Workington got a point last night and this present team are going to struggle to pull them back plus we got more favoured teams to come to us so we can't afford any more gifts at home 

Home win by any amount, is 3 points to the home team, an away draw is 2 points as you say. 

15 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Still glad Campton is back?? :P

Actually I am! Whilst Campton was a surprise package last night, I think the result might well have been different if BWD had been in the team (he's already won two matches on Worky's behalf and last night might have been the third if he'd still been in the team). Either way, Worky played their part in one of the most exciting matches of recent years at Owlerton and well-deserved their point- Sheffield were lucky to get away with it.

We urgently need strengthening in the engine room of the team. Jan is clearly not the answer and I don't think we should wait any longer for JB to recover. Who knows what state he'll be in if and when he gets back on a bike. He hasn't sat on a bike since October, retired in November, made a comeback in December, broke a vertebrae in January, had spinal surgery in February and has suffered nerve damage ever since. We urgently need a permanent signing to strengthen the middle-order. If JB puts in an appearance he should be loaned out to prove his fitness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

Seems to me Bickley has been thrown at the deep end and is nowhere near ready for this level. 

Klindt is what he is one meeting sensational next meeting downright shocking. Bach has never been the same since his bad injury all those years ago, maybe number one in your line up but number one material he is not

kyle will be given all the time he needs . ayou just dont bin a bright prospect like kyle . wprkington gave Neil Collins a run and its all history from there onwards .

one day it will come .

wont be long before k;indt will be @ reserve . 

Bewley number 1 @ bellevue .  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Actually I am! Whilst Campton was a surprise package last night, I think the result might well have been different if BWD had been in the team (he's already won two matches on Worky's behalf and last night might have been the third if he'd still been in the team). Either way, Worky played their part in one of the most exciting matches of recent years at Owlerton and well-deserved their point- Sheffield were lucky to get away with it.

We urgently need strengthening in the engine room of the team. Jan is clearly not the answer and I don't think we should wait any longer for JB to recover. Who knows what state he'll be in if and when he gets back on a bike. He hasn't sat on a bike since October, retired in November, made a comeback in December, broke a vertebrae in January, had spinal surgery in February and has suffered nerve damage ever since. We urgently need a permanent signing to strengthen the middle-order. If JB puts in an appearance he should be loaned out to prove his fitness.

I think I cursed him - sorry Worky fans

3 straight wins when I posted .....

Disappointing to just come away with one point from this, a small turnaround of four points gets us a narrow away win and with the expected quality in our under performing riders this was definitely a win that got away? :oops:

I'm not going to point the finger at any of our scoring riders for "falling away" as I've read, but rather at the riders whom didn't coz that's where it's at, these low/middle single figure scores from ht leader positions are going to cost us in the long run and we do need to take a good look into sorting the problem out.

Poor losses at Scunny and now Sheffield may have knocked the confidence a bit but we can bounce back and as we've shown, to a certain extent, we can win well if everyone does their job, what would you give for a home meeting right now tho, just to steady the ship!! ;)

3 hours ago, Tigerblade said:

Home win by any amount, is 3 points to the home team, an away draw is 2 points as you say. 

Yes and the more teams who come to owlerton and get points means that we have to make those up in our away meetings. We will not get enough points by just getting 3 points for home wins  and it's hard to see where we willwin away with the current team.Bates needs replacing with a better standard rider than Jan but who do we go for?   Do we try a Dane or a Swede ? if we do it extends our asset base !

New averages out next week. Could be a change after that. We definitely need one. Jan struggling in the number four slot also Jack Smith finding it hard. utt.