British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Workington SGBCL 24/5/18 @ 19.30

10 hours ago, romans lovechild said:

how about nathan greaves as jans replacement.

Big no to that one, might work as a reserve but not in the top 5

11 hours ago, romans lovechild said:

how about nathan greaves as jans replacement.

Think we'll just be in same position as we are with Jan right now. We either need to outright replace Josh or go back to r/r. Having a reserve at 4 is really dragging us down and arguably putting more pressure on the team than we had with just going with r/r. 

Hate to be critical of the Sheffield promotion, but the middle-order issue should have been addressed in January when JB injured his spine and there were still replacement riders available. Here we are with a third of the season gone and a black hole in the engine room of the team.

Waiting on a recovery of a crocked JB has cost us a run at a title defence. Big mistake.

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

Think we'll just be in same position as we are with Jan right now. We either need to outright replace Josh or go back to r/r. Having a reserve at 4 is really dragging us down and arguably putting more pressure on the team than we had with just going with r/r. 

Wasnt it only a 28 day facility for Bates?, so rr not an option

My understanding was it was a 28 day facility but looking at the new averages with everyone increasing there starting average we do not have enough points to bring Josh back in, I think we can only swap now on the current averages, please feel free to advise if I'm incorrect 

2 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Hate to be critical of the Sheffield promotion, but the middle-order issue should have been addressed in January when JB injured his spine and there were still replacement riders available. Here we are with a third of the season gone and a black hole in the engine room of the team.

Waiting on a recovery of a crocked JB has cost us a run at a title defence. Big mistake.

Have to agree; the Sheffield promotion have been great since taking over. I do wonder if it was a different rider injured whether they would have been replaced. 

One thing is for sure; they need to resolve this now or forget the top 4! Too many capable teams this year. Interestingly we were ok with R/R and I said all along Graversen would not cut it at 4. I think Smith is really struggling on away tracks too and looks well off the pace. 

I don’t know who we can bring in but one things for certain, we cannot wait much longer.

wonder if George Wood would be interested, and then whoever fits to replace Bates, but put him at 2 with Berge at 4 and Kurtz at 3

Edited by The Third Man

I believe that Eastbourne only signed Georgie Wood, and all their riders, on the understanding that they wouldn't sign for a CL team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Third Man said:

wonder if George Wood would be interested, and then whoever fits to replace Bates, but put him at 2 with Berge at 4 and Kurtz at 3

berge?

do you know something that we dont?

13 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Big no to that one, might work as a reserve but not in the top 5

i reckon nathan could ride at no.2 comfortably in this league and move todd to 4.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 1:28 PM, psycho3a said:

My understanding was it was a 28 day facility but looking at the new averages with everyone increasing there starting average we do not have enough points to bring Josh back in, I think we can only swap now on the current averages, please feel free to advise if I'm incorrect 

At least from what I understand, its a 28 day cover for Josh. So essentially we should be able to just bring Josh back in regardless of the average change. 

19 hours ago, romans lovechild said:

berge?

do you know something that we dont?

Slight slip meant Bjerre

2 hours ago, spin king junior said:

At least from what I understand, its a 28 day cover for Josh. So essentially we should be able to just bring Josh back in regardless of the average change. 

The season started a lot longer than 28 days ago 

Isnt that why Graversen came - the facility had ended.

That move must have been a redeclaration tather than another facility for Bates surely....