BIRMINGHAM 

1. Bacon

2. Cupitt R/R

3. Parkinson-Blackburn

4. Walker

5. Hume 

6. Butcher

7. Flint

Big meeting in terms of a bit of local rivalry and the National Trophy table. I can see this being very close indeed.

Edited by Woz01

12 hours ago, Woz01 said:

COVENTRY

1. Mountain 

2. Harris

3. Ruddick

4. Phillips

5. Armstrong

6. Halder

7. MacDonald 

BIRMINGHAM 

1. Bacon

2. Cupitt 

3. Parkinson-Blackburn

4. Walker

5. Hume 

6. Butcher

7. Flint

Big meeting in terms of a bit of local rivalry and the National Trophy table. I can see this being very close indeed.

Looks like the brummies have gone r/r for cupitt which now gives them a potential boost with leon flint able to take more rides . 

21 hours ago, Islander15 said:

A convenient use of R/R here...

I did think myself. However still think it will be close.

22 hours ago, Islander15 said:

A convenient use of R/R here...

Not necessarily as we know it depends what layne would of turned up .

only Callum can take the one above and granted leon is likely to take the other 3 but it does mean butcher will have to take all 4 of he's rides possibly 5 If any tapes offence so yes a slight advantage but maybe not as big as you think also any type of injury it will be curtains for us ..

So today is the biggest meeting of the season so far. Very hopeful of a much better crowd although Coventry hosts BBC Big Weekend today and tomorrow plus CCFC at Wembley tomorrow.

Great crowd and racing despite a Bees loss. Awesome noise from the Brummies fans and the Bees fans which all added to the atmosphere. Just like speedway used to bee !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ChrisSimpson said:

Great crowd and racing despite a Bees loss. Awesome noise from the Brummies fans and the Bees fans which all added to the atmosphere. Just like speedway used to bee !

Just a tad on the dusty side though:o

Good meeting today with more old faces reappearing from the Brandon scene. Nice to meet up with Leon and Jeff from the top bar and of course a pleasure to see Colin Pratt who had travelled over from the Kings Lynn area to enjoy the meeting.  Birmingham have assembled a good team for this league and it showed with the number of heat winners. Cov entry's weeknesses showed against one of the leagues top teams and should be addressed to keep the upsurge of fans attending.  A free scoring reserve is needed, just look what the opposition had and the difference it makes,,especially on the away tracks. We are too weak here as too in the body of the team where apart from Mountain, we are packed with middle order riders  who can raise their game against the lower teams but are found lacking  that little bit of experience against the bigger riders.  I do hope things improve with the majority of the boys as they do give their all but a little tinkering could prove vital to ensure the fans remain and increase through  this  important season. Having said all that, well done to both teams for a very entertaining afternoon. Roll on Wednesday!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fundinfan said:

Good meeting today with more old faces reappearing from the Brandon scene. Nice to meet up with Leon and Jeff from the top bar and of course a pleasure to see Colin Pratt who had travelled over from the Kings Lynn area to enjoy the meeting.  Birmingham have assembled a good team for this league and it showed with the number of heat winners. Cov entry's weeknesses showed against one of the leagues top teams and should be addressed to keep the upsurge of fans attending.  A free scoring reserve is needed, just look what the opposition had and the difference it makes,,especially on the away tracks. We are too weak here as too in the body of the team where apart from Mountain, we are packed with middle order riders  who can raise their game against the lower teams but are found lacking  that little bit of experience against the bigger riders.  I do hope things improve with the majority of the boys as they do give their all but a little tinkering could prove vital to ensure the fans remain and increase through  this  important season. Having said all that, well done to both teams for a very entertaining afternoon. Roll on Wednesday!

Couldn't agree more with any of that mate , one of my work colleagues attended the meeting and said more or less the same - only problem is there isn't  many riders out there to be drafted in but I'm sure the management will be searching for options.