Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Rye House Vs Kings Lynn Stars Mon 28/ 05/2018

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

FIXED race nights was primarily to stop riders who double up being wanted by two teams on the same night. Where are the GP riders "gracing us with their presence" as a result of FRNs?

I guess you are right that was the real plan, well its gonna work because hardly anybody will be doubling up next year when a bunch of clubs close.

7 hours ago, tellboy said:

I disagree,he has left it until he gets the biggest window in his racing calendar to get sorted properly.Whenever he gets the treatment he would be wrong in many peoples eyes.Daniel Smith says Rye fans have every right to feel mugged off,just imagine if Iversen left it until when Lynn had 4 or 6 meetings how many fans would he be saying they have mugged off then.He's done to limit the amount of meetings he would miss which imo is the correct one.

Quite agree. Problem is, most of the armchair fans/keyboard warriors havent a clue........

• Like 1

I always try and post without Stars specs on and I can honestly say if this were Brady Kurtz having to have a fortnight off I wouldn't want Poole to go without a facility.

The two weeks need to begin and end somewhere, it was inevitable that it would start directly after a GP and/Poland as they will always be riders priorities. He is missing Swedish matches and the whole of SoN not just the UK and we are hardly strengthened by his absence. 

I don't believe there is any mickey taking going on and nor would it do anyone any good to have three points riding at number one for anybody.

• Like 6

Would have liked to have been there tonight but other half’s Burfday with Family BBQ with a few cold uns won the day.

Heres hoping that the Stars give a good account of themselves in front of the Camera’s.   Be a good opportunity for Robert Lambert to show the viewing public that he has now arrived at very near the top level.

6 hours ago, mrss said:

Are there a lot of thick people on here? Can't they grasp that Iversen has a shoulder injury , and needs treatment?

I think you are the one being thick not to realise that NKI is fit enough to ride in the GP, then fit enough to earn mega money in Poland, but not then fit enough to ride in the UK. Surely he could have ridden today, then started his physio.

Has it occurred to the thickos on here who keep moaning about Iversen that this week might be the only time he could get an appointment to get his shoulder fixed?

• Like 1

I just think niels let his self down riding poland yesterday 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

I think you are the one being thick not to realise that NKI is fit enough to ride in the GP, then fit enough to earn mega money in Poland, but not then fit enough to ride in the UK. Surely he could have ridden today, then started his physio.

I think you should read the post from Bagpuss above.Probably the best post on the subject of NKI.

The motox track is a big eyesore but I suppose if it another income that keeps speedway going then so be it 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, mrss said:

Has it occurred to the thickos on here who keep moaning about Iversen that this week might be the only time he could get an appointment to get his shoulder fixed?

Depends if he is going private, which i suspect, or using public health services ...

7 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

The motox track is a big eyesaw but I suppose if it another income that keeps speedway going then so be it 

So is the speedway at the moment.

Of the 4 meetings this evening only one has the away #1 missing, so why televise it? Kasprzak can't be bothered so it might remain vaguely close. Doyle's return to Blunsdon is surely where the TV cameras should be?

Unlike Kelvin I think the referee got that one spot on as Anderson fell all on his own.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tellboy said:

So is the speedway at the moment.

Not looking good for TV. Not because Lynn are loosing, but the track don't look great and the stadium also.