British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Rye House Vs Kings Lynn Stars Mon 28/ 05/2018

5 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Having watched the meeting again ,  one has to say we were very unlucky to come away without a point.  Despite what the expert say, this is not an easy track, and made even worse with little or no grip.  Once a top rider hits the front and stays near the fence the race is over.    The gates became so important, and this why riders tried extra hard to judge them    There were many anticipated starts,  Summers in 1, and Kennett in 3 and 5  could all fall into that category,  so it was unfair to pull back Proctor when he likewise made a lightening quick getaway in 10.  Even Tatum said he could see no wrong.  Kerr in Ht12 made another anticipated start and was pulled back, yet Busk Jacobsen got away with a flyer in ht 14.   It seemed referee Bates was fussy who he wanted to penalise.   The exclusion of Andersen in 6 was harsh, when everybody could see Summers took away his front wheel and foot.  All 4 back would have been an easy conclusion, although I don't think it would have had a bearing on the score... It  merely highlighting the ref's  opinions...

Once Niels had pulled out, we were never going to be in contention to win the meeting,  but knowing the spirit with in the team I thought we might get a point.   We needed the rub of the green to be in with a chance but when Kerr's chain broke, the task became even harder.   Proctor, MPT and Kerr all battled hard to assist the super human effort of Lambert, but in the end it was not enough.    TJ and JA  will have better nights,  but last night, it wasn't to be .     A brave effort though....

Nicholls and Kennett (who has done more laps round Rye than I've had hot dinners) both said last night that there's no longer such an advantage to the home rider at Rye House. I'll believe them I think. 

As for predicting the result, it was always clear you'd be in with a shot of a point. Really you should have got one even with R/R. MPT and Jorgensen in particular were well off their usual form around Rye, two heats got pulled back when your riders had made perfectly good starts and Kerr fell while comfortably second in one heat. 

• Like 1

perhaps lewis kerr should have been in heat 13 as well kings lynn may have got a 5 - 1 instead of a 4- 2

Regardless of the result it was a pretty poor spectacle. A very "uncool" image presented to the casual TV viewer. I made a serious effort to count the crowd and I could not get it above 400. It came across as a scruffy show all over. There was nothing there to seduce any newbies to get down to a track operating near them. Except perhaps that Robert Lambert and Scott Nicholls showed that they could pass another rider after coming out of the second bend first time around.

Poor meeting on poor race track only Lambert kept me awake - nothing to get the fans flowing through the turnstiles again .

It certainly wasn't the best meeting shown on Sky - nor was it the worst.  KL keeping it close kept it interesting.  Robert Lambert and Eddie Kennett were the best of those on show (I didn't think I'd be saying that of EK given his form this year).  In the end Rye deserved their win and KL were unlucky to go home without a consolation league point.

7 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

It certainly wasn't the best meeting shown on Sky - nor was it the worst.  KL keeping it close kept it interesting.  Robert Lambert and Eddie Kennett were the best of those on show (I didn't think I'd be saying that of EK given his form this year).  In the end Rye deserved their win and KL were unlucky to go home without a consolation league point.

Sky?

5 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Sky?

And BT Sport !

• Like 1

I thought the crowd was pretty decent compared to the last two meetings at rye. The track offers nothing on the inside, and the only line is around the boards. You can get good racing at rye, but a new track curator is desperately needed to achieve this.

• Like 2

Rye is what it is long straights and sharp bends it doesn’t lend itself to sweeping overtakes. Riders are so fast that overtaking is difficult and has nothing to do with grip on the track.

As for KL they should drop NKI and use the money saved to reward the team for their collective efforts!

1 hour ago, GWC said:

Rye is what it is long straights and sharp bends it doesn’t lend itself to sweeping overtakes. Riders are so fast that overtaking is difficult and has nothing to do with grip on the track.

As for KL they should drop NKI and use the money saved to reward the team for their collective efforts!

The state of the track is dictated by the amount of Grip it has.    It was so evident last night,  all the grip was on the outside and left little elsewhere.  Not being a trackman as such, i can only comment from a spectators point of view, and I prefer to watch racing when there are multiple lines offering more overtaking..   This is not a complaint, merely an observation.  

As for dropping Niels I respect your opinion,   but  I would like to see him as our No.1;  No 2 .      But he serves no purpose if he is not in the team.      Only time will tell,  be it right or wrong,  but so far this year he has a lot of disappointed fans..

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, g13webb said:

The state of the track is dictated by the amount of Grip it has.    It was so evident last night,  all the grip was on the outside and left little elsewhere.  Not being a trackman as such, i can only comment from a spectators point of view, and I prefer to watch racing when there are multiple lines offering more overtaking..   This is not a complaint, merely an observation.  

As for dropping Niels I respect your opinion,   but  I would like to see him as our No.1;  No 2 .      But he serves no purpose if he is not in the team.      Only time will tell,  be it right or wrong,  but so far this year he has a lot of disappointed fans..

Here we go, yeah he hasn't performed as he and us would want, we know his form wasn't the best last year either, but whatever he is now having done to his shoulder and getting his machinery going how he wants it, will do the trick, he has been a scoring machine for Lynn over the years and will be again. 

Last night was a poor meeting on a poor track. If that's all British speedway has got to offer, then God help us. People are saying the Stars done well. And were unlucky, I thought apart from Lambert and Kerr it was a poor performance. If they want to win anything  they should be getting league points at Rye House.

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

You mustn't have been watching your speedway at Lynn for many years then if that's your preferred offerings on the racing.

Very salty comments from the six fingered lot on here lol

Rye House for years was a training track trying to be a league venue. Now it's a second-tier track trying to be one of the 'big boys'. The track is a better shape than in my days with the back straight moved out but it was always a compromise venue - a bolt hole for the homeless Rayleigh Rockets and we had to make do or die.