British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Rye House Vs Kings Lynn Stars Mon 28/ 05/2018

Track's come in all shapes and sizes.    Some call the Technical tracks other call them trick tracks.  When you a rider like Kennet looking World class you know the answer.

I am not up to scratch on riders averages but was wondering that if Rye are below the points limit, and Harris, Kennett & Clegg have so far underachieved, when the new averages come out, would Rye be able to drop Clegg and re-instate Stewart Robson or would the points be to high. 

53 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Rye House for years was a training track trying to be a league venue. Now it's a second-tier track trying to be one of the 'big boys'. The track is a better shape than in my days with the back straight moved out but it was always a compromise venue - a bolt hole for the homeless Rayleigh Rockets and we had to make do or die. 

Wasn’t Len Silver offered Crayford first?

Edited by Shadders

40 minutes ago, semion said:

Track's come in all shapes and sizes.    Some call the Technical tracks other call them trick tracks.  When you a rider like Kennet looking World class you know the answer.

Totally wrong I’m afraid Rye has gone from a ‘technical’ track in Silvers days to a full throttle outside line racers track.

Home track advantage has disappeared and personally I preferred the former as you saw what riders could achieve through their ability and not their throttle.

49 minutes ago, semion said:

Ahhh, that would explain Adam Allott averaging about 9.00 at home and 2.00 away 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mrss said:

Last night was a poor meeting on a poor track. If that's all British speedway has got to offer, then God help us. People are saying the Stars done well. And were unlucky, I thought apart from Lambert and Kerr it was a poor performance. If they want to win anything  they should be getting league points at Rye House.

With you on that but Proctor did well too.

The remaining three were dreadful.

It was mentioned on TV that young riders should be given a chance     RYE HOUSE had     Kennett Nicholls Harris Kasprzak. and would have had Robson if not injured Good riders, but hardly

young and upcoming ??? 

15 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

I am happy to congratulate Eddie on tonights performance but to say his seasons performance of an average of 4.33 is just dandy is stretching it. Suddenly you defend Eddie for his current injury, well it hampered him at Swindon (didn't beat an opponent) 48 hours after he beat Morris twice, Ellis and Lawson at Lakeside. Oh and a great score 1 at Poole (didn't beat an opponent at Poole) after he got 11 at Sheffield in the British Semi Final.

No I dont have a problem with Eddie and I also put on record what a great servant he has been over the years but this year he has been all over the place at Rye and I sincerely hope this is the start of a rich vein of form which the team sorely needs.

Firstly I haven't mentioned Edwards injury because it is common Knowledge nothing strange or sudden about that. NO I don't think that Edward's average is acceptable (I assume thats what dandy means in your mind)  However against Kings Lynn he was wearing a new Knee brace recommended to him by Scott Nicholls which has left him in a much better situation than before. He also requires surgery on his knee that he has put off until the end of the season. These are not my words but Pete Hill (Speedway Star) gave this info out. If you don't have a problem with Edward then why are you insinuating that there is something amiss with the scores you supply. Injured or not I am surprised that you are surprised that Edward scored well at Lakeside of all places. You may not be aware that riders do have favourite tracks and perform differently with absolutely no Rye House rider performing well at Swindon.

Edward is in the side this year as a second string and any average around six will be acceptable which I think he will attain. Chris on the other hand is our number one and by his own admission he is having a terrible time of it and a number one with a six point average is exactly what got Kennett the sack. If you must be critical of one rider then be fair with your attitude to others in the team. I really don't think Chris needs any help in outlining the many different reasons for his form as he was pretty eloquent in his Facebook post.

One last thing if you really want to get your point across to as you put it to a great servant of the club pop along to the pits next time, Edward along with his dad are always in with the fans during racing pat him on the back for a great performance against Kings Lynn then ask him face to face to explain why he failed at Poole and Swindon only to ride well when not riding for Rye at Sheffield and Lakeside. You could even ask him why he has been all Over the place this season. I'm sure you'll get an answer

To be fair Rye house have found themselves in real problematic position. From the Off BMR wanted top flight speedway and they wanted their product on the Telly. Then came the collapse of a meaningful amount of money due to sky pulling out. Add to that because of the move they have now found themselves having to operate midweek speedway. Ever since i first went to Rye in '76 it has been a Sunday afternoon or Saturday evening track. Its quite clear supporters have voted with their feet  and it simply doesn't work. So given that circumstance bringing in extra revenue is vitally important to keeping speedway running. The motor x track looks terrible and the stadium scruffy but the important thing is at the moment we still have speedway. Personally as long as we have speedway I couldn't care less whether I'm in a fild or a plush stadium. Decent facilities  guarantees nothing. Ask Coventry fans. So I agree but keeping the place running is the most important thing

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Ahhh, that would explain Adam Allott averaging about 9.00 at home and 2.00 away 

Yeah, spot on with AA, that why Chapman got shot of him.  As we are talking about Speedway from level 2 10 years ago.   Which was Chris ( Mr Big Stuff) Neath's fav track, was It Hoddesdon or Saddlebow ?

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

Wasn’t Len Silver offered Crayford first?

Yes I seem to recall that moving to Crayford was the original plan but some sort of problem arose and at the 11th hour the move to Rye House was agreed. Remember the first season very well as many ex Rayleigh supporters (me included) took the coach from the Weir to Rye. Still do not understand what happened to the plans to build a stadium in Rawreth Lane which would have a couple miles as the crow flies from Rayleigh Weir. At one time rumours also circulated about Southend dog track stadium staging speedway. 

Putting rough holes like that with zero crowd on TV does nothing to gain the sport interest, you look at the tracks and stadia in Poland and look at Rye House jesus christ there miles apart.

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

It was mentioned on TV that young riders should be given a chance     RYE HOUSE had     Kennett Nicholls Harris Kasprzak. and would have had Robson if not injured Good riders, but hardly

young and upcoming ??? 

More like last of the summer wine

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

young and upcoming ??? 

They are all considerably younger than the majority of people who pay to watch them though  :)

• Haha 1