British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Rye House Vs Kings Lynn Stars Mon 28/ 05/2018

5 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Putting rough holes like that with zero crowd on TV does nothing to gain the sport interest, you look at the tracks and stadia in Poland and look at Rye House jesus christ there miles apart.

Yes Rye is no longer the pretty stadium it was but redevelopment takes time with the current owner.

I recall going to Saddlebow Rd many years ago and it wasn’t good on the eye then either but it’s a lot better now.

Both clubs have stadia that are motor areana’s and that’s a plus these days.

8 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Putting rough holes like that with zero crowd on TV does nothing to gain the sport interest, you look at the tracks and stadia in Poland and look at Rye House jesus christ there miles apart.

Poland is Poland, Britain is Britain, you cannot compare the two. 

9 minutes ago, Trees said:

Poland is Poland, Britain is Britain, you cannot compare the two. 

You can say that again!!

1 hour ago, semion said:

Yeah, spot on with AA, that why Chapman got shot of him.  As we are talking about Speedway from level 2 10 years ago.   Which was Chris ( Mr Big Stuff) Neath's fav track, was It Hoddesdon or Saddlebow ?

I believe Shadders was making the point about Allott as your talking out of your arse.

Edward Kennett has been a 7-9 point elite league rider for a number of years apart from the last couple. Why can't he score 11+3 without it being a trick track? 

59 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Yes I seem to recall that moving to Crayford was the original plan but some sort of problem arose and at the 11th hour the move to Rye House was agreed. Remember the first season very well as many ex Rayleigh supporters (me included) took the coach from the Weir to Rye. Still do not understand what happened to the plans to build a stadium in Rawreth Lane which would have a couple miles as the crow flies from Rayleigh Weir. At one time rumours also circulated about Southend dog track stadium staging speedway. 

Southend dog track was a purpose built speedway stadium bankrolled by the cearns family, but the sport was never staged there. Noise complaints from local residents was the main reason for the bikes never getting started there.

2 hours ago, GWC said:

Totally wrong I’m afraid Rye has gone from a ‘technical’ track in Silvers days to a full throttle outside line racers track.

Home track advantage has disappeared and personally I preferred the former as you saw what riders could achieve through their ability and not their throttle.

How can this be. You only have to look at Rye's home and away scores.

For all those doubters on NKI,well his surgery went ok yesterday and the doctors are happy with the results.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mrss said:

Last night was a poor meeting on a poor track. If that's all British speedway has got to offer, then God help us. People are saying the Stars done well. And were unlucky, I thought apart from Lambert and Kerr it was a poor performance. If they want to win anything  they should be getting league points at Rye House.

I have never been a lover of the  Rye House track,   12 years ago I vowed to never return,  such was the processional experience.   But these past couple of years it has served up much better than it once did.   It will never be a NNS,  but no doubt teams like Hackney and West Ham would love to be able to still go every week and watch their favourites ride, so it that sense, it doing a great job.

Fans need to appreciate  RH have a strong team, and  at home will always be difficult to beat.  Nobody have beaten them at home yet.     Lynn have a new side, some never ridden here before. it was a big ask to expect then all to do as well as you say.  We would have been up against it even with Niels there.   Lambert, Kerr and Proctor all performed really well, as did Kennett, Nichols, Summers and Jakobsen . KK came to the party late on,  so probably your expectation was too high. 

We were unlucky not to get a point but that was all we were ever going to get....

Edited by Shadders

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Lynn have a new side, some never ridden here before. 

Only Andersen hadn’t ridden there before 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, semion said:

Yeah, spot on with AA, that why Chapman got shot of him.  As we are talking about Speedway from level 2 10 years ago.   Which was Chris ( Mr Big Stuff) Neath's fav track, was It Hoddesdon or Saddlebow ?

I’m sure you wouldn’t know off the top of your head, but Neathy began to score well away from home in the last couple of years before the unfortunate injury at Ipswich which ended his career. His away average in his last season with us was 6.87. Not too shabby I think you’ll agree. Definitely not a one track wonder. 

Just for the record, Chris Neaths last visit to Kings Lynn: 3, 2, 3, 3, 2 

3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Southend dog track was a purpose built speedway stadium bankrolled by the cearns family, but the sport was never staged there. Noise complaints from local residents was the main reason for the bikes never getting started there.

NIMBYs.

Thanks for the clarification. I remember where the stadium was an it would have been a great venue. So many good stadiums/tracks lost to this sport over the years and the sad state the sport is in at this time, you can look back with fond memories and how lucky we were in the late sixties and early seventies. Just one part of the golden era of British speedway never to be repeated. 

I can't imagine what Polish fans think when they see a venue such as Rye House.

It looks like the council rubbish tip, it's embarrassing and depressing that British speedway takes place in such stadia in the 21st century.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

I can't imagine what Polish fans think when they see a venue such as Rye House.

It looks like the council rubbish tip, it's embarrassing and depressing that British speedway takes place in such stadia in the 21st century.

Totally