British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Rye House Vs Kings Lynn Stars Mon 28/ 05/2018

4 hours ago, Trees said:

Poland is Poland, Britain is Britain, you cannot compare the two. 

You can I did!

3 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

I can't imagine what Polish fans think when they see a venue such as Rye House.

It looks like the council rubbish tip, it's embarrassing and depressing that British speedway takes place in such stadia in the 21st century.

Few countries if any can compete with the standard of the Polish stadia. In the UK the sport has ideas above its station and sooner people stop comparing it to other speedway nations the sooner it can get back to basics and start to rebuild. As it stands the stadiums, racing and coverage are nowhere near as good as Poland and never will be and what we have now is going down hill fast. A revolution is needed to change things not a bunch of sad businessmen who have lost the plot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keepturningleft said:

It looks like the council rubbish tip, it's embarrassing and depressing that British speedway takes place in such stadia in the 21st century.

It's not a pretty sight. Who cares what the Poles think. It don't matter to me, they don't do us any favours.

I'm not a fan of the track or stadium, but as long as they can keep going, make it pay, and keep the fans happy, then sod what the Poles think tbh.

I see where your coming from, but a UK club running is more important  to me ;)

• Like 1

If British speedway wants to thrive again it will have to start being like Polish speedway. Instead of serving up the crap that was on tv last night.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, westhamboy66 said:

Firstly I haven't mentioned Edwards injury because it is common Knowledge nothing strange or sudden about that. NO I don't think that Edward's average is acceptable (I assume thats what dandy means in your mind)  However against Kings Lynn he was wearing a new Knee brace recommended to him by Scott Nicholls which has left him in a much better situation than before. He also requires surgery on his knee that he has put off until the end of the season. These are not my words but Pete Hill (Speedway Star) gave this info out. If you don't have a problem with Edward then why are you insinuating that there is something amiss with the scores you supply. Injured or not I am surprised that you are surprised that Edward scored well at Lakeside of all places. You may not be aware that riders do have favourite tracks and perform differently with absolutely no Rye House rider performing well at Swindon.

Edward is in the side this year as a second string and any average around six will be acceptable which I think he will attain. Chris on the other hand is our number one and by his own admission he is having a terrible time of it and a number one with a six point average is exactly what got Kennett the sack. If you must be critical of one rider then be fair with your attitude to others in the team. I really don't think Chris needs any help in outlining the many different reasons for his form as he was pretty eloquent in his Facebook post.

One last thing if you really want to get your point across to as you put it to a great servant of the club pop along to the pits next time, Edward along with his dad are always in with the fans during racing pat him on the back for a great performance against Kings Lynn then ask him face to face to explain why he failed at Poole and Swindon only to ride well when not riding for Rye at Sheffield and Lakeside. You could even ask him why he has been all Over the place this season. I'm sure you'll get an answer

Sad you should react in such a way when I thought this was a forum for reasoned debate.and sometimes hard truths.

You claim that I have a problem with Edward yet I mentioned praise for his performance on Monday and I say it again was delighted to see it and we damn well needed it.

You claim I didn't make allowances for his injury yet he took a guest booking at Lakeside instead of resting his need to his team.

You claim I only single out Kennett yet I have shown concern for Bombers performances prior to the Poole match and poor Clegg who needs to be dropped firstly for his own sake as much as for the teams.

Then you infer with a dash of menace that I should visit the pits to face Edward and hid dad well are you their appointed spokesman? For what I know of them they will take it as constructive and will attempt to turn things around.

I come on this forum not to have spats with keyboard warriors but somebody who has cared passionately about my club since 1970 and where I see successes and failures I wish to point them out, I hope you can do the same.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

17 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

NIMBYs.

Thanks for the clarification. I remember where the stadium was an it would have been a great venue. So many good stadiums/tracks lost to this sport over the years and the sad state the sport is in at this time, you can look back with fond memories and how lucky we were in the late sixties and early seventies. Just one part of the golden era of British speedway never to be repeated. 

I have to agree with you. The actual racing isn't much different from when I was a kid. It's the great stadiums we have lost which has hurt speedway the most. How can the media take the sport seriously, when we don't have a track in our capital city.

Did anyone spot the BT plug for the Rye House match during the Liverpool v Real Madrid match?

If casual sports fans tuned in as a result of that plug, what a shock they must have got - Olympic Stadium to Rye House!

It clearly didn't appear to drum up any extra interest at the turnstiles.

Does anyone know why I am getting unwanted spacing between every line and how do I solve it?

4 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

If casual sports fans tuned in as a result of that plug, what a shock they must have got - Olympic Stadium to Rye House!

It clearly didn't appear to drum up any extra interest at the turnstiles.

Is the state of the Rye House stadium still a work in progress or is it now a "state of the art" facility by the new promotion? It doesn't appear to look any better than when it opened as a training track. I realise the "artworks" on the centre green area are designed to bring in another income stream. Someone posted that it was a decent crowd by recent standards. I hope that was fake news.

3 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Is the state of the Rye House stadium still a work in progress or is it now a "state of the art" facility by the new promotion? It doesn't appear to look any better than when it opened as a training track. I realise the "artworks" on the centre green area are designed to bring in another income stream. Someone posted that it was a decent crowd by recent standards. I hope that was fake news.

From what I could see on the TV. It looked like 500 ?. But as with some tracks, all the fans don't get caught by the cameras.

To be honest I'm surrised the crowd was as big as it was. The last two home meetings have been terrible attendance wise. With Monday being live on TV and no discount, I was expecting less.

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

From what I could see on the TV. It looked like 500 ?. But as with some tracks, all the fans don't get caught by the cameras.

I can think of one or two who were only there to be caught by the cameras 

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

To be honest I'm surrised the crowd was as big as it was. The last two home meetings have been terrible attendance wise. With Monday being live on TV and no discount, I was expecting less.

Two big crowds this season both on a non working day. Three poor crowds on the fixed race nights. What more evidence do you need BSPA.

I really fear for the Rockets

15 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

Two big crowds this season both on a non working day. Three poor crowds on the fixed race nights. What more evidence do you need BSPA.

I really fear for the Rockets

You are not alone...

On 5/29/2018 at 9:10 PM, mrss said:

If British speedway wants to thrive again it will have to start being like Polish speedway. Instead of serving up the crap that was on tv last night.

What would that be new stadiums, pay the riders unsustainable wages or race on the same day of the week?

Edited by GWC