British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Rye House Vs Kings Lynn Stars Mon 28/ 05/2018

No doubt the Stars will give it 100%. Hoping they can pick up a point in this one.

Can’t see Rye running away with this one but still good enough at Hoddesdon to take the victory over a depleted Lynn team.

When is NKI going on for his op, and is he having it done over here ?

From what it says in the SS he's going to have intensive physio rather than an op. 

• Like 1

If NKI can ride in the GP's, then he can ride at Rye on Monday. If not, only a NL guest facility should be available. It makes a mockery of the sport when riders can pick and choose their meetings and clubs still get a facility for them. Surely if NKI is only having physio, then he can wait another day.

42 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

If NKI can ride in the GP's, then he can ride at Rye on Monday. If not, only a NL guest facility should be available. It makes a mockery of the sport when riders can pick and choose their meetings and clubs still get a facility for them. Surely if NKI is only having physio, then he can wait another day.

I agree, physio is rather different to surgery. At the same time it does depend also on the type of physio as it can be debilitating after a session or 2

NKI should be banned for 28 days and a NL rider should be in instead of R/R  

5 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

NKI should be banned for 28 days and a NL rider should be in instead of R/R  

Banned for commencing treatment on an injury:blink:.And as you think NKI should be banned,Lynn would be allowed a facility wouldn't they.

He's taking a fortnight out to get his shoulder sorted and missing a Swedish fixture and the SON as well as the UK in that time, don't see the issue personally. At least he's not picking and choosing from week to week like Pedersen..

• Like 2

If it's NKI choice to take time out, then no facility should be available. Obviously the injury isn't that bad to stop him riding in the GP's.

Great idea, I'm sure a three pointer at number one will have the punters flocking through the turnstyles.

• Like 1

NL guest surely.

Iversen rode in the GP and in Poland. 

No facility. But then again this is Buster Chapman we're talking about.

If the guy produces a Doc’s certificate as being unfit to ride.  Job done.

Some people just like to try and create a 541t storm.  Nothing to see here, move on.

I saw both Harris and Kerr both underachieved at home for Glasgow yesterday.  Bike probs or running into a patch of poor form ?

I'm all for rules and regulations that keep the sport operating correctly,  but common  sense must come into any equation .   As long as the club is not seen to be bettering itself, then i have no issues with clubs using a facility to cover unfortunate instances.    Once the season starts, riders have little space available to organise anything.  if , like in this case,  he needs an off period, to recuperate and recover from injury,   then i see nothing wrong.  

Rules were not made for genuine people,   they were incorporated because of people constantly pulling a fast one.   It this case Niels is one of the genuine people and doing no wrong....   I feel sorry that Rye House fans not being able to watch Niels race,  but they have the advantage of facing a weakened team with a better chance of success.    

But some people are never happy...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I'm all for rules and regulations that keep the sport operating correctly,  but common  sense must come into any equation .   As long as the club is not seen to be bettering itself, then i have no issues with clubs using a facility to cover unfortunate instances.    Once the season starts, riders have little space available to organise anything.  if , like in this case,  he needs an off period, to recuperate and recover from injury,   then i see nothing wrong.  

Rules were not made for genuine people,   they were incorporated because of people constantly pulling a fast one.   It this case Niels is one of the genuine people and doing no wrong....   I feel sorry that Rye House fans not being able to watch Niels race,  but they have the advantage of facing a weakened team with a better chance of success.    

But some people are never happy...

Not at £20 including prog, do you blame them.