British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GiveusaB

MDL

Guest GiveusaB

Having witnessed yet again another bad crash at PB last night......I think that the MDL speedway should be scrapped!

The difference in riders abilities amongst the teams is massive. Skilled riders are being put seriously at risk by riders that look like they've never rode a bike before?

It's painful/scary to watch!

Nobody is developing from these matches imo......

16 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Having witnessed yet again another bad crash at PB last night......I think that the MDL speedway should be scrapped!

The difference in riders abilities amongst the teams is massive. Skilled riders are being put seriously at risk by riders that look like they've never rode a bike before?

Whilst i wholeheartedly disagree that it should be scrapped the difference in ability levels this year does seem more apparent than ever. Sadly the opportunities for riders to get on the bike is ever decreasing and there are riders edging into M/SDL teams this year to get extra track time when to be honest they are not ready.

Lets no forget that from the Brum team Bacon, Hume, JPB, Cupitt, Walker & Butcher all progressed up from the MDL so it must be doing something right.

Guest GiveusaB
12 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

What happened? 

2 riders going round bends 3/4 the one on the inside lost control and took the other one straight out.....

Waiting to hear how bad the injury is, but the meeting was abandoned, due to time/ambulance use!

Guest GiveusaB
13 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst i wholeheartedly disagree that it should be scrapped the difference in ability levels this year does seem more apparent than ever. Sadly the opportunities for riders to get on the bike is ever decreasing and there are riders edging into M/SDL teams this year to get extra track time when to be honest they are not ready.

Lets no forget that from the Brum team Bacon, Hume, JPB, Cupitt, Walker & Butcher all progressed up from the MDL so it must be doing something right.

I dont think they develop in these ,meetings (personally) the better riders are almost lapping the 'lesser' riders?

Riding at reserve in the NL is a far safer way to develop.

Some of the MDL riders are not in control of the bike, they're an accident waiting to happen! imo....

I cringe every time they go round the bends....it's uncomfortable to see!

15 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I dont think they develop in these ,meetings (personally) the better riders are almost lapping the 'lesser' riders?

Riding at reserve in the NL is a far safer way to develop.

Some of the MDL riders are not in control of the bike, they're an accident waiting to happen! imo....

I cringe every time they go round the bends....it's uncomfortable to see!

Im not going to disagree that some are not ready to be out there and are a danger to themselves and those around them. But where do NL reserves come from otherwise? There is a lot of time and effort put in by volunteers to stage development league racing and for that i commend them BUT some hard choices need to made with some riders as ive always said its the promoters responsibility to ensure the riders they track are competent whatever the level of racing.

Guest GiveusaB
4 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Im not going to disagree that some are not ready to be out there and are a danger to themselves and those around them. But where do NL reserves come from otherwise? There is a lot of time and effort put in by volunteers to stage development league racing and for that i commend them BUT some hard choices need to made with some riders as ive always said its the promoters responsibility to ensure the riders they track are competent whatever the level of racing.

Well I don't think the promoters are doing their job then?

Some of the riders cant slide a bike and that's where the 'potential' danger lies ?

Actually, it was an NL reserve - Jamie Sealey - who crashed! The ones who can't slide were well behind. The fact is, that Sealy and Spencer crashed through trying too hard. The Development Leagues are an essential stepping stone to the NL and onwards.

• Like 2

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, *JJ said:

Actually, it was an NL reserve - Jamie Sealey - who crashed! The ones who can't slide were well behind. The fact is, that Sealy and Spencer crashed through trying too hard. The Development Leagues are an essential stepping stone to the NL and onwards.

It was Spencers fault that they crashed ! Sealey was riding sensibly! 

7 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Speedway in being dangerous shocker. 

9 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

2 riders going round bends 3/4 the one on the inside lost control and took the other one straight out.....

Waiting to hear how bad the injury is, but the meeting was abandoned, due to time/ambulance use!

Well the staff and paramedics took about 20 minutes to free Sealey from his bike such was the dreadful entanglement.  He was eventually freed and put into a splint long after the crowd left so we all didn’t leave till well after 10.

The paramedics were saying it was a likely lower leg injury although he did have movement in his toes. A real bizarre scene with his leg, boot and Kevlar stuck in the back wheel. Even spokes needed cutting before he could be freed. Never seen anything like it.

i hope both riders are ok particularly Jamie who appeared the worst off.

The MDL is a vital part of the development of our sport so absolutely vital. There are likely to be more crashes at this level due to inexperience. That was the reason for last nights crash.

I agree, mdl will be a school of hard knocks. If you have somewhere to learn team racing & not keep falling off (it hurts) juniors leagues are the place. If you don't like watching it, go home.

Edited by pete cc
Spelling