British Speedway Forum
Sings4Speedway

I.O.W vs Kent 24/05/2018

A very honest report by Barry.  Very few promoters open their hearts in such a way. From a Public Relations and publicity point of view,

I'm not sure that he should express his problems so publicly.  There's an old saying " Nothing succeeds like success" and it is very true.

So noises form promoters should alway be positive IMO.  IOW have a lot going for them with skid schools and the like, biggest and fastest

track in the league.  This is what should be stressed.

2 hours ago, East End Fan said:

A very honest report by Barry.  Very few promoters open their hearts in such a way. From a Public Relations and publicity point of view,

I'm not sure that he should express his problems so publicly.  There's an old saying " Nothing succeeds like success" and it is very true.

So noises form promoters should alway be positive IMO.  IOW have a lot going for them with skid schools and the like, biggest and fastest

track in the league.  This is what should be stressed.

He should be applauded for being honest. Barry and everyone else at the club has repeatedly stressed the positives changes the promotion has brought to the place, so it’s not like they aren’t doing. But when things haven’t gone to plan, the fans have appreciated his honesty and realistic assessment of the situation. Too many speedway promotions shy away from negatives and fail to address these and just spout a lot of nonsense to the fans expecting them to believe every word that everything is fine. Barry is a lot more down to earth and in touch with the fans to fob them off like that and for that I am thankful. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gee jay said:

hi barry , can't find any 2018 dvds on your website ?

Hi Gee Jay, all of the home Isle Of Wight footage is filmed by Speedway Portal, but the footage is passed over to Ken Burnett of T2TV Media who commentates, adds graphics and packages the DVD's for sale.  They are available to buy not only at the track shop on race nights, but also on the Warriors site and on T2TV Media's site as well, along with being promoted on the Warriors Facebook page and on the T2TV Media Facebook page and in the match day programmes.  I will personally look into more prominent access to buy the DVD's from the Warriors site over the next few days, but in-between times, here are the direct links to the pages where you are able to purchase the DVD's online.

From this page you can buy the complete 2018 DVD set of home meetings at a reduced rate, or click into any of the home meeting sections to not only access details to buy that meetings DVD, but also stream off track footage from the meeting, interviews, rider parade etc and a hottest heat from each meeting along with match previews, reports and an official image gallery.  Some footage is only available to stream from these pages and are not included on the DVD's, so well worth a look for Warrior and away clubs fans.

https://www.speedwayportal.com/warriors-2018-multimedia

T2TV Media Isle Of Wight 2018 DVD page

https://www.speedwayportal.com/t2tv-speedway-isle-of-wight-2018

Hope that helps, 

Many thanks,

Andy

thank you haguey . sometimes i can't see further than my nose . just ordered , thanks again.

Edited by gee jay